Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: My lyrics to "A Time For Tony"  (Read 4755 times)

Kevin Prather

My lyrics to "A Time For Tony"
« on: January 27, 2005, 10:48:39 PM »
I edited "A Time For Tony" a little bit to make it longer to fit the words. I was hoping you could tell me what you think of these lyrics. Any help is appreciated. :)

My One True Love

(Song plays up to :21, where it recycles to the beginning)

It's funny how
when times got tough,
I found that I
was all alone,
But now that all
has changed, and I
have you to call my own.

Now whenever
I'm knocked down,
and freezing in
the coldest storm,
I'll feel no chill,
now that I have
your love to keep me warm.

The sun is down, and
the stars are out, and
the moon is big and bright.
And it feels so dear, now that
you are here for me to
love all through the night.

This tender love
I've found with you,
I know will last
forevermore.
You will be
my one true love,
and I will be yours.

Bitter sounds
of loneliness
echo through this world
we're living in,
but a beacon shines
of hope and proves
that even I can win.

As I watch the frail
baby nightingale
fly as high as my eyes can see,
I think of hope, and
I think of dreams, and
what they mean to me.

(recycle to one measure before the string chorus)

And it feels so dear, now that
you are here for me to
love all through the * night.          (*=cut to 1 measure before big brass finish)

This tender love
I've found with you,
I know will last
forevermore.
You will be
my one true love,
and I will be yours.

(song ends)

What do you think? Is this any good?
« Last Edit: January 27, 2005, 10:48:53 PM by whoserman »

TalkingHeadsFan

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2005, 12:02:58 PM »
Oh boy...Too much time on your hands perhaps? ;-) I really can't even figure out where the lyrics fit the words. Sure, "Come On Down" by Crystal Waters was a mediocre hit, but a forgettable cue from dated episodes of Wheel Of Fortune? Don't think so.

TunaHead

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2005, 12:09:33 PM »
And it sounds like a love song. My fiance told me that if we ever had sex to a game show cue, she'd kill me. But IMHO, this is taking it one step further...

There's nothing like telling the ones you love that you love them with a game show cue...

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2005, 12:19:17 PM »
[quote name=\'TunaHead\' date=\'Jan 28 2005, 01:09 PM\'] My fiance told me that if we ever had sex to a game show cue, she'd kill me. [/quote]
Now THAT has Line of the Day potential!  Many of us have been there, Tuna.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

tvwxman

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2005, 01:07:34 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' date=\'Jan 28 2005, 12:19 PM\'][quote name=\'TunaHead\' date=\'Jan 28 2005, 01:09 PM\'] My fiance told me that if we ever had sex to a game show cue, she'd kill me. [/quote]
Now THAT has Line of the Day potential!  Many of us have been there, Tuna.
[snapback]73474[/snapback]
[/quote]

In a similar instance...there was my girlfriend, who hated game shows....who one day was in the kitchen, and unknowingly began humming the 78 card sharks theme.... Upon realizing what she was singing, she started screaming obsenities at herself....

Now she's my wife!
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2005, 01:39:36 PM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' date=\'Jan 28 2005, 11:07 AM\']In a similar instance...there was my girlfriend, who hated game shows....who one day was in the kitchen, and unknowingly began humming the 78 card sharks theme....
[/quote]
Now THAT is music to....um, that....to! :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

tyshaun1

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2005, 02:34:25 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jan 28 2005, 01:39 PM\'][quote name=\'tvwxman\' date=\'Jan 28 2005, 11:07 AM\']In a similar instance...there was my girlfriend, who hated game shows....who one day was in the kitchen, and unknowingly began humming the 78 card sharks theme....
[/quote]
Now THAT is music to....um, that....to! :)
[snapback]73489[/snapback]
[/quote]

He must have busted.

Tyshaun
« Last Edit: January 28, 2005, 02:35:43 PM by tyshaun1 »

JakeT

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2005, 03:49:49 PM »
[quote name=\'TunaHead\' date=\'Jan 28 2005, 11:09 AM\']And it sounds like a love song. My fiance told me that if we ever had sex to a game show cue, she'd kill me.
[snapback]73473[/snapback]
[/quote]

Although I know that so many people out there feel that same way, as I entered the older and somewhat crotchety stage of my life, I decided that one of the important qualities that any person with the potential of being a long-term mate must possess is the ability and willingness to cope with my love for game show themes and accept their constant presence in and around my life.  This ability and willingness MUST include having no real aversion to hearing the music during a moment of vigourous romantic aerobic activity.  In other words, if they can't bring themselves to do the nasty with me while the strains of "Your Number's Up" or "Shopping Spree" echo in the background without their head exploding, our chances of romantic survival are probably nil...:)

Now, my twisted side has carried this many miles further once in the past.  During a silly disagreement over the answer to a trivial question, the person I was dating at the time suggested we make a bet on who was actually right.  I agreed and said that if I won, for one night only, my sweetheart had to decorate all along the corner seams, ceiling edges and baseboards with the biggest and brightest strings of chaser lights they could find (affordably) and move the CD changer into the room, stocked only with a variety of my theme CDs.  From there, we would retire their together, crank up the lights, turn up the stereo good and loud and then spend a few hours of whoopie time together.

I'm so glad that I'm rarely wrong when it comes to trivia questions...that was one night that will be hard to forget and impossible not to giggle about each time I recall it.

Jake

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2005, 04:00:18 PM »
must...not...make...Jackpot...joke... :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

DrJWJustice

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2005, 05:22:30 PM »
[quote name=\'JakeT\' date=\'Jan 28 2005, 03:49 PM\'][quote name=\'TunaHead\' date=\'Jan 28 2005, 11:09 AM\']And it sounds like a love song. My fiance told me that if we ever had sex to a game show cue, she'd kill me.
[snapback]73473[/snapback]
[/quote]

Although I know that so many people out there feel that same way, as I entered the older and somewhat crotchety stage of my life, I decided that one of the important qualities that any person with the potential of being a long-term mate must possess is the ability and willingness to cope with my love for game show themes and accept their constant presence in and around my life.  This ability and willingness MUST include having no real aversion to hearing the music during a moment of vigourous romantic aerobic activity.  In other words, if they can't bring themselves to do the nasty with me while the strains of "Your Number's Up" or "Shopping Spree" echo in the background without their head exploding, our chances of romantic survival are probably nil...:)

Now, my twisted side has carried this many miles further once in the past.  During a silly disagreement over the answer to a trivial question, the person I was dating at the time suggested we make a bet on who was actually right.  I agreed and said that if I won, for one night only, my sweetheart had to decorate all along the corner seams, ceiling edges and baseboards with the biggest and brightest strings of chaser lights they could find (affordably) and move the CD changer into the room, stocked only with a variety of my theme CDs.  From there, we would retire their together, crank up the lights, turn up the stereo good and loud and then spend a few hours of whoopie time together.

I'm so glad that I'm rarely wrong when it comes to trivia questions...that was one night that will be hard to forget and impossible not to giggle about each time I recall it.

Jake
[snapback]73497[/snapback]
[/quote]

After that, don't start quoting Nietzsche or I'll really start getting worried!

tvwxman

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2005, 05:39:28 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jan 28 2005, 04:00 PM\']must...not...make...Jackpot...joke... :)
[snapback]73499[/snapback]
[/quote]

Forget that, must not make "Every Second Counts" joke! :)

OBGameShow: The boards just ain't the same without Tanner around. He ain't the original Gangsta, he's the original CLemon!
« Last Edit: January 28, 2005, 05:41:30 PM by tvwxman »
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

aaron sica

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2005, 05:54:07 PM »
[quote name=\'JakeT\' date=\'Jan 28 2005, 03:49 PM\']as I entered the older and somewhat crotchety stage of my life
[/quote]

I wouldn't call 40 too old...Considering I just turned 30....I was a youngin 'of 21 when I met you...seems like almost 10 years ago...Which it was!
« Last Edit: January 28, 2005, 06:26:50 PM by aaron sica »

zachhoran

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2005, 07:29:29 PM »
[quote name=\'JakeT\' date=\'Jan 28 2005, 03:49 PM\']

Now, my twisted side has carried this many miles further once in the past.  During a silly disagreement over the answer to a trivial question, the person I was dating at the time suggested we make a bet on who was actually right.  I agreed and said that if I won, for one night only, my sweetheart had to decorate all along the corner seams, ceiling edges and baseboards with the biggest and brightest strings of chaser lights they could find (affordably) and move the CD changer into the room, stocked only with a variety of my theme CDs.  From there, we would retire their together, crank up the lights, turn up the stereo good and loud and then spend a few hours of whoopie time together.

[/quote]

Damn, you're so romantic, Jake.

JakeT

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2005, 10:13:49 PM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' date=\'Jan 28 2005, 04:39 PM\'][quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jan 28 2005, 04:00 PM\']must...not...make...Jackpot...joke... :)
[/quote]
OBGameShow: The boards just ain't the same without Tanner around. He ain't the original Gangsta, he's the original CLemon!
[snapback]73507[/snapback]
[/quote]

I'm gonna choose to believe ya mean that...and in a nice way too...and if so, your timing couldn't have been much better...:)  Ya made my old tumbleweed of a heart drift a bit more happily across that old desert highway...

MEEP MEEP...:)

Jake

DrJWJustice

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2005, 12:17:11 AM »
[quote name=\'JakeT\' date=\'Jan 28 2005, 10:13 PM\'][quote name=\'tvwxman\' date=\'Jan 28 2005, 04:39 PM\'][quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jan 28 2005, 04:00 PM\']must...not...make...Jackpot...joke... :)
[/quote]
[snapback]73507[/snapback]
[/quote]

I'm gonna choose to believe ya mean that...and in a nice way too...and if so, your timing couldn't have been much better...:)  Ya made my old tumbleweed of a heart drift a bit more happily across that old desert highway...

MEEP MEEP...:)

Jake
[snapback]73523[/snapback]
[/quote]

As odd as it might sound coming from me, it's good to see you back here, Jake.

--Doc Justice