Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Is Pat leaving Wheel when he hits 60?  (Read 8718 times)

The Ol' Guy

Is Pat leaving Wheel when he hits 60?
« Reply #45 on: February 03, 2005, 06:13:51 PM »
Motion seconded, uncamark. Walberg came to mind as well. His humor may come across a little snarky, but put in a lighter setting (literally - Cover has a pretty dark set. Did RR?), he might lighten up, too. I could see him doing Wheel.

uncamark

« Reply #46 on: February 03, 2005, 06:16:51 PM »
[quote name=\'The Ol' Guy\' date=\'Feb 3 2005, 06:13 PM\']Motion seconded, uncamark. Walberg came to mind as well. His humor may come across a little snarky, but put in a lighter setting (literally - Cover has a pretty dark set. Did RR?), he might lighten up, too. I could see him doing Wheel.
[snapback]74193[/snapback]
[/quote]

Oh, did it ever--with the audience seated behind the main set, like "WWTBAM" and a bridge to get on to the main part.  If the winner either won the $100,000 or decided not to risk the $10,000 in the end game, s/he got to walk across the bridge off the set with Walberg at the end of the show rather than fall through the hole.

BrandonFG

« Reply #47 on: February 03, 2005, 06:45:37 PM »
I never even thought of Walberg...that IS a good one. He does have that sarcastic edge, but you know it's all in fun. I think he could probably make some good ad-libs in the event of a contestant making a dumb guess (COUNT RUSHMORE or A GROUP OF PILL-PUSHERS).
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

Don Howard

« Reply #48 on: February 03, 2005, 09:55:42 PM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' date=\'Feb 3 2005, 04:53 PM\'][quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Feb 3 2005, 04:40 PM\']
Oh, God, yes!! Just thinking about it compels me to reach for the Vasoline. No one knock on this door for three minutes.
[snapback]74183[/snapback]
[/quote]
Three minutes? You gonna do it twice?
2 Drinks. Veal. Servers.
[snapback]74186[/snapback]
[/quote]
You just wish you could watch.
Back to the topic, however, on the EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!! documentary, Pat was shown to say that whenever he feels like he might be tired of hosting WOF, along comes his pay envelope and he realizes the gig's not so bad after all.