Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "Come on Down" song info  (Read 3837 times)

davewalls

"Come on Down" song info
« on: February 03, 2005, 10:06:39 AM »
Got a question for the board..

I went to see TPiR (finally) last Thursday, and I really liked the dance song they played right before taping started. It sounded a lot like the main TPiR theme, but had a chorus that was singing "Come on Down....Come on Down..". Unfortunetly, that's all the info that I had, and the pages didn't have any other info about it.

Does anyone here know anything else about the song, and if it is available for purchase/download? Thanks!

Dave
Dave Walls

http://www.davewalls.net

(insert witty comment about self here)

BrandonFG

"Come on Down" song info
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2005, 10:11:46 AM »
I might be wrong, but this might be the Crystal Waters version. I think it was used for one of the nighttime specials...Vegas?

I know it's been brought up on the board before, so you'd prolly have to check the archives to get more info.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

NickintheATL

• Husband of snowpeck
"Come on Down" song info
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2005, 10:26:50 AM »
Brandon, if I understand you correctly, are you saying that they used the song on the air? If so, I don't think they did do that. I'm 80% sure...

However, it's interesting they do play the song at the studio before taping begins, it's better than just hearing audience chatter back and forth. :-)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2005, 10:27:45 AM by NicholasM79 »

tvrandywest

"Come on Down" song info
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2005, 10:47:06 AM »
It IS the Crystal Waters song.

Randy
tvrandywest.com
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

davewalls

"Come on Down" song info
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2005, 10:49:12 AM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Feb 3 2005, 10:11 AM\']I might be wrong, but this might be the Crystal Waters version. I think it was used for one of the nighttime specials...Vegas?

I know it's been brought up on the board before, so you'd prolly have to check the archives to get more info.
[snapback]74145[/snapback]
[/quote]

After some quick searching, I was able to find the song. It was, indeed, the Crystal Waters version that I was looking for. Since I had never heard this before, I had no clue who I was looking for. The crowd was so hyped up in the studio, I could barely even hear the song. :)

Thanks again!
Dave

(P.S.: Yes, I know the subject says TRiR..that's what happens when you type too quickly for your own damned good. ;p)
Dave Walls

http://www.davewalls.net

(insert witty comment about self here)

Matt Ottinger

"Come on Down" song info
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2005, 12:05:52 PM »
[quote name=\'davewalls\' date=\'Feb 3 2005, 11:49 AM\'](P.S.: Yes, I know the subject says TRiR..that's what happens when you type too quickly for your own damned good. ;p)[/quote]
And people say we moderators are useless....
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

FeudDude

"Come on Down" song info
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2005, 12:09:10 PM »
[quote name=\'NicholasM79\' date=\'Feb 3 2005, 10:26 AM\']Brandon, if I understand you correctly, are you saying that they used the song on the air? If so, I don't think they did do that. I'm 80% sure...
[snapback]74146[/snapback]
[/quote]

I don't think it was used on the show itself, just on promos for the 30th Anniversary Special.

BrandonFG

"Come on Down" song info
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2005, 12:47:47 PM »
[quote name=\'NicholasM79\' date=\'Feb 3 2005, 10:26 AM\']Brandon, if I understand you correctly, are you saying that they used the song on the air? If so, I don't think they did do that. I'm 80% sure...

However, it's interesting they do play the song at the studio before taping begins, it's better than just hearing audience chatter back and forth. :-)
[/quote]

My bad...I did mean to say it was used for the promos for one of the specials. :-)
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

jmangin

"Come on Down" song info
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2005, 01:42:55 PM »
there's also a version done by Paul Johnson without lyrics--which is probably what Crystal used as background.

uncamark

"Come on Down" song info
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2005, 05:56:55 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Feb 3 2005, 12:47 PM\'][quote name=\'NicholasM79\' date=\'Feb 3 2005, 10:26 AM\']Brandon, if I understand you correctly, are you saying that they used the song on the air? If so, I don't think they did do that. I'm 80% sure...

[/quote]

My bad...I did mean to say it was used for the promos for one of the specials. :-)
[snapback]74162[/snapback]
[/quote]

Barker and/or Fremantle aren't going to cough up royalties to the record company and the other credited composers of "Come on Down" nowadays, even if Israel and Kalehoff do get royalty checks as credited co-composers of the song (along with the "contains sample of 'The Price is Right Theme'..." credit).

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
"Come on Down" song info
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2005, 06:27:01 PM »
Barker and/or Fremantle aren't going to cough up royalties to the record company and the other credited composers of "Come on Down" nowadays, even if Israel and Kalehoff do get royalty checks as credited co-composers of the song (along with the "contains sample of 'The Price is Right Theme'..." credit).
Why not? Have you been talking to Barker or Vinnedge?

uncamark

"Come on Down" song info
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2005, 04:30:47 PM »
[quote name=\'chris319\' date=\'Feb 3 2005, 06:27 PM\']
Why not? Have you been talking to Barker or Vinnedge?
[snapback]74196[/snapback]
[/quote]

Do they do it for any other commercially-released music on "TPIR" these days, outside of the Christmas shows?  Nope.