Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: 2005 GST Tournament  (Read 2581 times)

Sonic Whammy

2005 GST Tournament
« on: February 11, 2005, 12:17:21 AM »
Another one of those late night questions that pops to me before I head for sleep.

Been looking around the Yahoo groups, and I haven't seen one yet unless Tim's putting it under a different name or something. But I always know that this is the time of year that Connolly does the big Game Show Tournament thing.

Anyone? I welcome all bones thrown.
Brian Sapinski

Just Brian Sapinski... for now

Loogaroo

2005 GST Tournament
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2005, 02:10:19 AM »
To be honest, I still haven't made up my mind as to whether or not to hold the tournament this year, but I'm leaning against it. Last year's turnout was half that of previous tournaments, and since there really hasn't been any major additions to the genre over the past year (unless I want to make shows like Extreme Dodgeball and their ilk eligible) I get the feeling that a new tournament would just be a rehash of last year's, the only difference being that Pyramid would be back in the fold.

If there was a genuine widespread interest in doing another one then I'd probably be more enthusiastic about it, but if that were the case I probably would've heard this question a lot sooner.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2005, 02:15:19 AM by Loogaroo »
You're in a room. You're wearing a silly hat.
There are letters on the floor. They spell "NOPE".

tyshaun1

2005 GST Tournament
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2005, 12:41:33 PM »
[*throws bone at Brian*]

[*Tyshaun gets hit with bone thrown by Jason*]
« Last Edit: February 11, 2005, 12:42:20 PM by tyshaun1 »

Sonic Whammy

2005 GST Tournament
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2005, 06:15:44 PM »
[quote name=\'Loogaroo\' date=\'Feb 11 2005, 02:10 AM\']If there was a genuine widespread interest in doing another one then I'd probably be more enthusiastic about it, but if that were the case I probably would've heard this question a lot sooner.
[snapback]74797[/snapback]
[/quote]
I doubt this would change your mind, Tim, but if I asked around and got some fresh faces involved, would you be up for it?
Brian Sapinski

Just Brian Sapinski... for now

bscripps

• Button-Pushing Monkey
2005 GST Tournament
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2005, 09:29:16 PM »
I know part of the reason I dropped out of 'em was that I got off of GS-L after it stopped having any even moderately valuable content...but I'd definitely be back in it again this year if I heard it was up and running...
Ben Scripps. Professional button-pushing monkey.