Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Don Howard Predicts!  (Read 3550 times)

Don Howard

Don Howard Predicts!
« on: February 21, 2005, 11:26:41 PM »
Your Ultimate Jeopardy! finalists will be these.......
* Ken Jennings
* Frank Spangenberg
* Vinita Kailasanath a.k.a. V-Woman

You heard it here first.

EDITORIAL BONUS: I can't stand Robin Carroll and I hope she goes down in flames.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2005, 11:26:58 PM by Don Howard »

sshuffield70

Don Howard Predicts!
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2005, 12:01:42 AM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Feb 21 2005, 10:26 PM\']Your Ultimate Jeopardy! finalists will be these.......
* Ken Jennings
* Frank Spangenberg

You heard it here first.

EDITORIAL BONUS: I can't stand Robin Carroll and I hope she goes down in flames.
[snapback]75666[/snapback]
[/quote]

Kinda reminds of some of those crazy televangelists (thank God not mine!) predicting the end of the world in the mid 80s.  It was enough to make one Christian artist call an album "I Predict 1990".  Anyway, the point is, DH's prediction is about as nutty as those prophesy preachers saying Jesus will show up tomorrow (or any given day).

zachhoran

Don Howard Predicts!
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2005, 09:40:18 AM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Feb 21 2005, 11:26 PM\']Your Ultimate Jeopardy! finalists will be these.......
* Ken Jennings
* Frank Spangenberg

You heard it here first.

[/quote]

Leszek is more likely to make it here than either Frank(Frank lost his Super J! first round and missed out in the semi-finals of the 1990 TofC) or Vinita, at least I think. Ditto for Dan Melia.  I think Eddie T. could outdo Vinita if up against her. The heavyweight of the College champ crowd, Tom Cubbage, already lost his quarter-final game to Bob Harris.

MikeK

• Martha!
Don Howard Predicts!
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2005, 09:43:02 AM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Feb 21 2005, 11:26 PM\']Your Ultimate Jeopardy! finalists will be these.......
* Ken Jennings
* Frank Spangenberg

You heard it here first. [/quote]
At least you'll be 1/3 right.  If this was baseball and you were succeeding 1 in 3 attempts, you'd be making $10M/year.

As much as I adore Vinita, I think the final three will be KenJen, Chuck Forrest, and one of the Bobs, either Harris or Verini.

gameshowhost1

Don Howard Predicts!
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2005, 10:51:10 AM »
Don't count our my roomie at the National Academic Tourney, Brad Rutter, winner of the '02 Million Dollar Masters Tournament and host of Inquisitive with Brad Rutter in the greater central Pennsylvania area.  He is very quick and obviously intelligent to have come through and won the million.  On top of that, he's a very nice, humble young man.
Ernie

Matt Ottinger

Don Howard Predicts!
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2005, 11:17:40 AM »
[quote name=\'gameshowhost1\' date=\'Feb 22 2005, 11:51 AM\']On top of that, he's a very nice, humble young man.[/quote]
Well, my name isn't in the title of MY local quiz show...
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

gameshowhost1

Don Howard Predicts!
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2005, 11:23:43 AM »
Nor was it in mine, High Q.  I had an "canned" announcer who introduced me.  Since Brad has no "official" intro, Inquisitive with Brad Rutter is how he is introduced announcerless.
Ernie

goongas

Don Howard Predicts!
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2005, 11:31:54 AM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' date=\'Feb 22 2005, 12:17 PM\'][quote name=\'gameshowhost1\' date=\'Feb 22 2005, 11:51 AM\']On top of that, he's a very nice, humble young man.[/quote]
Well, my name isn't in the title of MY local quiz show...
[snapback]75708[/snapback]
[/quote]

Maybe you can argue for this in your next contract?  Almost everyone on CNN has their name in the title of their show in primetime, why can't you?  :)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2005, 11:32:10 AM by goongas »

rigsby

Don Howard Predicts!
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2005, 04:22:24 PM »
[quote name=\'goongas\' date=\'Feb 22 2005, 10:31 AM\']Maybe you can argue for this in your next contract?  Almost everyone on CNN has their name in the title of their show in primetime, why can't you?  :)
[snapback]75712[/snapback]
[/quote]

Given that it's almost March, I'd guess Matt would settle for not having an obnoxious phone number plastered at the bottom of the screen during his show...

uncamark

Don Howard Predicts!
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2005, 04:34:48 PM »
[quote name=\'sshuffield70\' date=\'Feb 22 2005, 12:01 AM\'][quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Feb 21 2005, 10:26 PM\']Your Ultimate Jeopardy! finalists will be these.......
* Ken Jennings
* Frank Spangenberg

You heard it here first.

[/quote]

Kinda reminds of some of those crazy televangelists (thank God not mine!) predicting the end of the world in the mid 80s.  It was enough to make one Christian artist call an album "I Predict 1990".  Anyway, the point is, DH's prediction is about as nutty as those prophesy preachers saying Jesus will show up tomorrow (or any given day).
[snapback]75668[/snapback]
[/quote]

Don is actually channeling Criswell, a nutty psychic from the 50s and 60s who used to go on talk shows and make ridiculous statements.  Johnny Carson parodied him as Carswell.  Criswell's immortalization came in that screen classic "Plan 9 From Outer Space," where he is the narrator and fits the vision of Edward D. Wood, Jr. to a T.

Don Howard

Don Howard Predicts!
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2005, 09:30:37 AM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Feb 22 2005, 04:34 PM\']Don is actually channeling Criswell, a nutty psychic from the 50s and 60s who used to go on talk shows and make ridiculous statements. 
[snapback]75755[/snapback]
[/quote]
You win the prize!! I just watched Plan 9 From Outer Space a few nights before I posted that and in the opening of the film the words CRISWELL PREDICTS appear on the screen. Good call, my main man.
Tonight, I'll be renting Plan 69 From Outer Space. I presume that's a sequel.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Don Howard Predicts!
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2005, 11:43:31 AM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Feb 25 2005, 07:30 AM\']Tonight, I'll be renting Plan 69 From Outer Space. I presume that's a sequel.
[snapback]76135[/snapback]
[/quote]
Of sorts. Hugh Jorgen's performance was inspired. Candy Cayne's effort, however, left me a little limp.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe