Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Can You Beat Ken? pre-order info  (Read 4254 times)

Bob Zager

Can You Beat Ken? pre-order info
« on: February 23, 2005, 08:11:18 PM »
Here is a link to pre-order the new board game Can You Beat Ken? from University Games at areyougame.com:

http://www.areyougame.com/interact/item.asp?itemno=01848

Bear in mind that this is at least a prototype illustration, and the actual game may/may not look 100 percent like this.

Though I have not seen any illustrations anywhere, a couple of sources have listed amongst the new Endless Games offerings this year a DVD version of The Price is Right.  I'd seen, through some trickery of the mouse just resting on the "New Stuff" icon at EGs website, a Password DVD game illustrated, but no details on it anywhere.  Just have to wait and see!

bwood

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2005, 01:19:14 AM »
Don't know about the Password DVD game, but the TPiR one I can confirm. I have read various bits of info on the web about it and happened to have bookmarked this little blurb about it that does in fact confirm it:

http://www.toydirectory.com/EndlessGamesInc/

I have also read where a 3rd edition of Family Feud will be coming out. Will this version have a real board? Time will tell.

I'm pretty excited about the TPiR DVD.

Has anyone heard any more info on Hasbro's WoF LivePlay? I know they were batting around Spring as a release date.

EDIT: I did get to see the Password DVD "artwork" by doing a little research on the Endless site. It's nothing to look at (test pic, looks like it's done in MS Paint) but it does confirm it. I haven't heard of it anywhere else though (like I recently did for TPiR). Perhaps Password was scrapped for TPiR?
« Last Edit: February 25, 2005, 01:28:36 AM by bwood »

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2005, 02:38:02 AM »
[quote name=\'bwood\' date=\'Feb 25 2005, 01:19 AM\']I have also read where a 3rd edition of Family Feud will be coming out. Will this version have a real board? Time will tell.
[/quote]
Saw a copy of this on Ebay last week.....
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...5956343499&rd=1

Box design looks nice; if that's the end version.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2005, 02:44:24 AM by Modor »
--Mark
Phil 4:13

Bob Zager

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2005, 08:35:49 PM »
[quote name=\'bwood\' date=\'Feb 25 2005, 01:19 AM\']

I have also read where a 3rd edition of Family Feud will be coming out. Will this version have a real board? Time will tell.

Has anyone heard any more info on Hasbro's WoF LivePlay? I know they were batting around Spring as a release date.

[snapback]76119[/snapback]
[/quote]

I picked up a third edition Family Feud over the weekend at a local Kmart store.  Though the illustration on the bottom of box shows a different color of board, it is pretty much the same, with some color changes, and NO BULLSEYE round!  The question book now contains 90 complete games, and Fast Money is always worth $20,000 like the show.

As for the WOF Live Play, I've only heard the same thing you have.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2005, 09:12:50 PM »
[quote name=\'Bob Zager\' date=\'Mar 1 2005, 06:35 PM\']The question book now contains 90 complete games, and Fast Money is always worth $20,000 like the show.
[snapback]76656[/snapback]
[/quote]
Are the questions in this version any better than the 1st Edition questions were? (Not that that would be hard. Worst. Writing. Ever.)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2005, 02:01:13 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Mar 1 2005, 10:12 PM\'](Worst. Writing. Ever.)[/quote]

Sorry, can't let that statement go unchallenged.  When you own around 400 game show adaptations, you learn precisely which one has the Worst Writing Ever.  Submitted for your approval:

http://userdata.acd.net/ottinger/inside/rollers/index.html

Heck, Family Feud isn't even the worst Endless Games example.  Their late-90's adaptation of The Newlywed Game stole/copied their questions directly from the original 1967 edition.  Some of that material was preposterously dated, including a question in which the wife was supposed to compare herself to three big stars: Doris Day, Elizabeth Taylor and Phyllis Diller.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2005, 04:25:09 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' date=\'Mar 2 2005, 12:01 PM\']Submitted for your approval:

http://userdata.acd.net/ottinger/inside/rollers/index.html
[/quote]
I concede, particularly because I happened to own that one as well. As I recall, we used to use multiplication facts in lieu of those questions, since the game is a race to the buzzer anyhow. (And I was good in math. :))
Heck, Family Feud isn't even the worst Endless Games example.  Their late-90's adaptation of The Newlywed Game stole/copied their questions directly from the original 1967 edition.  Some of that material was preposterously dated, including a question in which the wife was supposed to compare herself to three big stars: Doris Day, Elizabeth Taylor and Phyllis Diller.
Endless is SUCH a good name for them. That's what playing their games feels like, endless:

"God, this sucks. What's the ending condition?"
"I dunno. They left it out."
"Okay. What say we make it...opening the box?"
"Works for me. Tally up!"

If it weren't for the Passwords (anyone have a spare Endless 2nd edition they would be willing to sell me cheap?) that company would be totally worthless.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Bob Zager

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2005, 07:03:33 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Mar 1 2005, 09:12 PM\'][quote name=\'Bob Zager\' date=\'Mar 1 2005, 06:35 PM\']The question book now contains 90 complete games, and Fast Money is always worth $20,000 like the show.
[snapback]76656[/snapback]
[/quote]
Are the questions in this version any better than the 1st Edition questions were? (Not that that would be hard. Worst. Writing. Ever.)
[snapback]76660[/snapback]
[/quote]

I wouldn't say it's worse, but in a surprising move, I noticed at first glance that some of the Fast Money round questions include responses given by ONE person in the poll.  The show always has used answers given by at least TWO.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2005, 07:04:13 PM by Bob Zager »

zachhoran

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2005, 07:10:16 PM »
[quote name=\'Bob Zager\' date=\'Mar 2 2005, 07:03 PM\']

I wouldn't say it's worse, but in a surprising move, I noticed at first glance that some of the Fast Money round questions include responses given by ONE person in the poll.  The show always has used answers given by at least TWO.
[snapback]76775[/snapback]
[/quote]

One of the MB editions, I think the 4th, has a question in an FM round with a score of one for one of the answers.

zachhoran

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2005, 07:11:46 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Mar 2 2005, 04:25 PM\']

If it weren't for the Passwords (anyone have a spare Endless 2nd edition they would be willing to sell me cheap?) that company would be totally worthless.
[snapback]76758[/snapback]
[/quote]

We've reported in here that Endless did a decent job with the Card Sharks game and the most recent TPIR edition, no?

GS Warehouse

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2005, 08:20:57 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Mar 2 2005, 07:11 PM\']We've reported in here that Endless did a decent job with the Card Sharks game and the most recent TPIR edition, no?
[snapback]76777[/snapback]
[/quote]
TPiR is why it's important to listen to the fans.  One adapted it.

BrandonFG

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2005, 10:07:35 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Mar 2 2005, 07:11 PM\'][quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Mar 2 2005, 04:25 PM\']

[snapback]76758[/snapback]
[/quote]

We've reported in here that Endless did a decent job with the Card Sharks game and the most recent TPIR edition, no?
[snapback]76777[/snapback]
[/quote]

Considering I've never played either, no, I didn't report anything, so please speak for yourself.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!