Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Kevin Nealon on SOTC?  (Read 6887 times)

res37604

Kevin Nealon on SOTC?
« on: February 25, 2005, 09:48:17 AM »
I was checking out this site in tribute to Sale of the Century this morning, and happened upon a clip of a huge Tim Hollerin victory.  While watching the clip, I was kinda dumbfounded by what I saw . . . I could've sworn that, when Tim won the $90,000 jackpot and Jim Perry invited friends and family on stage to give him a hug, that one of the people present on stage was Kevin Nealon from SNL fame.  Am I crazy?  He even hugs Summer Bartholomew toward the end of it.   Maybe I'm seeing things, but I swear it's him . . .

If it's not Kevin Nealon, he could be his stand-in and no one would ever know the difference . . .

I apologize if this has been covered on the boards before, as I'm new here and didn't find anything when doing a search here.  Check it out and tell me if I'm crazy - the link is under the third pic on this page, look for Tim Hollerin's "powerhouse win":

Is this Kevin Nealon or am I smoking something??

Thanks, looking forward to your take on this . . .

Jimmy Owen

Kevin Nealon on SOTC?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2005, 10:38:49 AM »
Doncha remember the comedy team of Nealon and Hollerin?
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Don Howard

Kevin Nealon on SOTC?
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2005, 10:40:32 AM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Feb 25 2005, 10:38 AM\']Doncha remember the comedy team of Nealon and Hollerin?
[snapback]76140[/snapback]
[/quote]
Of course. They used to open for Suzanne Somers.
Back to topic, we're smokin' the same stuff cuz I thought the same thing, res.

aaron sica

Kevin Nealon on SOTC?
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2005, 11:19:38 AM »
I think we're all smoking the same thing.

I, too, thought that man bore quite the resemblance to Kevin Nealon when I first saw the clip as well.

curtking

Kevin Nealon on SOTC?
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2005, 11:25:38 AM »
[quote name=\'res37604\' date=\'Feb 25 2005, 09:48 AM\']I was checking out this site in tribute to Sale of the Century this morning, and happened upon a clip of a huge Tim Hollerin victory.  While watching the clip, I was kinda dumbfounded by what I saw . . . I could've sworn that, when Tim won the $90,000 jackpot and Jim Perry invited friends and family on stage to give him a hug, that one of the people present on stage was Kevin Nealon from SNL fame.  Am I crazy?  He even hugs Summer Bartholomew toward the end of it.   Maybe I'm seeing things, but I swear it's him . . .
[/quote]
I can't go into great detail, but it is indeed Kevin Nealon.

And if you look really close, one of the women who rushes the stage is Jan Hooks.

No kidding.

Curt
« Last Edit: February 25, 2005, 11:27:16 AM by curtking »

MCArroyo1

Kevin Nealon on SOTC?
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2005, 12:05:36 PM »
Wow!  Yeah, I see both of them.  Though Kevin made the right decision to cut his hair.

Chief-O

• .....and it goes like this!!!
Kevin Nealon on SOTC?
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2005, 01:35:48 PM »
I checked the clip in question----wow. Wonder how Tim knew Kevin.
There are three things I've learned never to discuss with people: Religion, politics, and the proper wrapping of microphone cables.

DJDustman

Kevin Nealon on SOTC?
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2005, 03:06:43 PM »
That is Kevin Nealon!  As Curt confirmed.  Very nice win too, the best I've seen on $otC.

(OT: I'd really love to get that win music, if anyone has :) )

Matt Ottinger

Kevin Nealon on SOTC?
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2005, 04:18:49 PM »
The fact that Phil Hartman was the announcer for The Pop 'n' Rocker Game is now the second oddest SNL connection to game shows.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

res37604

Kevin Nealon on SOTC?
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2005, 04:24:19 PM »
I'm glad to know I wasn't crazy . . . .

And yes, I noticed Jan Hooks when I watched it again just a couple of minutes ago.

I wonder if they just needed some people to come on to stage so it didn't look like Tim was by himself, or if there's a connection to Tim, or what?  Unusual, but very cool.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Kevin Nealon on SOTC?
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2005, 04:54:58 PM »
The one SOTC clip I'd REALLY like to have in the clear (and I mean CLEAR) is the fanfare played when a money card was hit on the Fame Game board.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

aaron sica

Kevin Nealon on SOTC?
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2005, 05:34:43 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Feb 25 2005, 04:54 PM\']The one SOTC clip I'd REALLY like to have in the clear (and I mean CLEAR) is the fanfare played when a money card was hit on the Fame Game board.
[snapback]76200[/snapback]
[/quote]

I always liked the camera work when that happened, too..

Bob Staub, if you're reading this, bring plenty of SOTC tapes to my GSC, because I'm sure in the mood for it now...

mmb5

Kevin Nealon on SOTC?
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2005, 10:50:28 PM »
Educated Speculation:

Since Kevin Nealon and Jan Hooks were both members of the Groundlings before they were on SNL, it would be pretty safe to assume that Tim Hollerin had some capacity with them as well.  I can't find a credit for him, so either he was backstage or he used a stage name.

--Mike
Portions of this post not affecting the outcome have been edited or recreated.

ChuckNet

Kevin Nealon on SOTC?
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2005, 01:27:02 AM »
I always liked the camera work when that happened, too..

Bob Staub, if you're reading this, bring plenty of SOTC tapes to my GSC, because I'm sure in the mood for it now...

Aaron, m'boy, wait till you see my next collection update in a wk... ;-)

Re: Chris's request, on the ep w/Helaine's big win, there's a nearly-clean cut of the fanfare when Summer turns over the unrevealed money cards after the 3rd FG...unfortunately, I don't have the capabilities to convert the clip in question to MP3, but someone else around here might be able to help you.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

DJDustman

Kevin Nealon on SOTC?
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2005, 02:18:48 AM »
[quote name=\'ChuckNet\' date=\'Feb 26 2005, 01:27 AM\']Re: Chris's request, on the ep w/Helaine's big win, there's a nearly-clean cut of the fanfare when Summer turns over the unrevealed money cards after the 3rd FG...unfortunately, I don't have the capabilities to convert the clip in question to MP3, but someone else around here might be able to help you.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")
[snapback]76257[/snapback]
[/quote]

Well I got two sounds here, not the best clarity but they are good.

The Big Win Cue

The Money Card fanfare

There ya are.