Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Kevin Nealon on SOTC?  (Read 6882 times)

Rastaub

Kevin Nealon on SOTC?
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2005, 05:05:26 AM »
I certainly will be sure to bring a few of my Sale tapes to the GSC, Including this one.

Strangely enough, I happened to get this episode in a trade this past summer and didnt even notice Nealon or Jan Hooks, although Nealon is certinly more recognizable. (at least to me at 504 am)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Kevin Nealon on SOTC?
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2005, 06:17:29 AM »
[quote name=\'ChuckNet\' date=\'Feb 25 2005, 11:27 PM\']Re: Chris's request, on the ep w/Helaine's big win, there's a nearly-clean cut of the fanfare when Summer turns over the unrevealed money cards after the 3rd FG...unfortunately, I don't have the capabilities to convert the clip in question to MP3, but someone else around here might be able to help you.
[/quote]
.WAV is fine. I can do the rest of the work. Dustman's, while appreciated, is edited a little closer than I would like.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

davemackey

Kevin Nealon on SOTC?
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2005, 09:12:07 AM »
I looked at the picture and that is Kevin Nealon for sure. Couldn't see the other pics well enough to see Jan Hooks.

That predates Nealon and Hooks' involvement with SNL; they both joined the cast in September 1986. Neither of them were nationally known prior to that point, so they were just anonymous folks who came up on stage to congratulate a big game show winner, just like 70% of the people on TPIR.

Some say that Nealon and Hooks were romantically involved at one point as well.

Jimmy Owen

Kevin Nealon on SOTC?
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2005, 09:18:15 AM »
The first time I ever saw Jan Hooks was on a show called "Tush," (hosted by Bill Tush of CNN fame) which was on TBS in the early '80s (they may have not had national distribution at that point.)  Bonnie and Terry Turner, who went on to write for "Third Rock From the Sun" among other shows also appeared on-camera in that one.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2005, 09:19:39 AM by Jimmy Owen »
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

TimK2003

Kevin Nealon on SOTC?
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2005, 09:33:02 AM »
Wasn't Tim's win brought up one time on a SNL Weekend update by Cajunman?

Syn-di-ca-TION....Sen-sa-TION...Tim Holl-er-ON...Dom-in-a-TION...Cham-pi-ON...Kevin Nea-LON...En-joy-IN...Cel-e-bra-TION...

ChuckNet

Kevin Nealon on SOTC?
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2005, 12:54:57 AM »
.WAV is fine. I can do the rest of the work. Dustman's, while appreciated, is edited a little closer than I would like.

Oops, didn't phrase that too well...I don't have capabilities to convert it to any computer sound format, but wanted to let you know that a reasonably clean off-air clip does exist, and I'm sure one of our more technologically advanced members can help you out.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

uncamark

Kevin Nealon on SOTC?
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2005, 06:03:04 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Feb 26 2005, 09:18 AM\']The first time I ever saw Jan Hooks was on a show called "Tush," (hosted by Bill Tush of CNN fame) which was on TBS in the early '80s (they may have not had national distribution at that point.)  Bonnie and Terry Turner, who went on to write for "Third Rock From the Sun" among other shows also appeared on-camera in that one.
[snapback]76279[/snapback]
[/quote]

It was seen on the national TBS (since national and Atlanta were one and the same back then).

Bill Tush was a Turner Broadcasting lifer who'd started out back in the pre-superstation days of WTCG, doing a wacky overnight newscast.  Later, he worked at CNN and did the weekend edition of the original "Showbiz Today" for years.  A few years after Time Warner took over Turner and they decided to close down most of the entertainment news staff, he got dumped by the new Time Warner management.  Not the way to treat someone who'd spent most of his career at the same place.

MCArroyo1

Kevin Nealon on SOTC?
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2005, 08:43:26 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Feb 26 2005, 09:18 AM\']The first time I ever saw Jan Hooks was on a show called "Tush," (hosted by Bill Tush of CNN fame) which was on TBS in the early '80s (they may have not had national distribution at that point.)  Bonnie and Terry Turner, who went on to write for "Third Rock From the Sun" among other shows also appeared on-camera in that one.
[snapback]76279[/snapback]
[/quote]
One of those other shows, incidentally: SNL.

ObGS: Oh, lots.