Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Every Second Counts  (Read 4760 times)

aaron sica

Every Second Counts
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2005, 10:55:32 PM »
For those of you trying to open with Windows Media Player, quit trying. :) RealPlayer or QuickTime will work with it.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2005, 10:58:29 PM by aaron sica »

weaklink75

Every Second Counts
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2005, 11:02:03 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Feb 26 2005, 02:59 PM\']I'd love to see this show, being I was only 2 when it aired, but it sounded like an interesting game, something that could be easily revived for cable or PAX (with lower budget of course). I do know Norfolk aired the show on WAVY-10 in the 9:00 hour (along with LMAD).
[snapback]76313[/snapback]
[/quote]

Yeah, here in the DC area it was on at 4PM IIRC. It was a good show for what is was, and the bonus round was real well constructed to me...a team could have 50 seconds and win, or have 70+ seconds and lose, based on how well they knew the subjects given them, and if they didn't panic and remained calm.  

You could do almost the same format now as you did then actually, even splitting it up into 3 rounds (2 subjects of 2, 3, and 4 seconds-the times would still be about the same) to fit the way they fit commercials nowadays.  The budget wouldn't be that much higher using  one of the lower-end cars as a grand prize, and even the consolation for the final level could be the same (getting to the final level but running out of time got you $100 for every right answer). Only thing I'd change is have the clock in the bonus round count down in tenths or hundrenths of a second, just for aesthetics.

dzinkin

Every Second Counts
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2005, 11:10:12 PM »
One other ESC tidbit I recall... the promos for the show here used clips from the pilot, including the bonus round.  In the pilot's bonus round, the clock counted down with the same sound used in the Winner's Circle on Pyramid.

Why that stuck in my mind, I have no idea, but there you are. :-)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2005, 11:10:35 PM by dzinkin »