Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Update at G.S. Presentation Software Site  (Read 4722 times)

Particleman

Update at G.S. Presentation Software Site
« on: March 09, 2005, 10:09:37 PM »
For anyone who might be interested, I finished a working version of my $100,000 Pyramid software!  There are a few things left to do but to the best of my knowledge, it should support playing a game from start to finish.

Here's my site address:
Game Show Presentation Software Website

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2005, 06:39:56 AM »
[quote name=\'Particleman\' date=\'Mar 9 2005, 08:09 PM\']For anyone who might be interested, I finished a working version of my $100,000 Pyramid software!  There are a few things left to do but to the best of my knowledge, it should support playing a game from start to finish.

Here's my site address:
Game Show Presentation Software Website
[snapback]77685[/snapback]
[/quote]
VERY exciting news! I played with it (three Cokes at Denny's after a Duran Duran concert...I'm a LITTLE wired right now :)), and I have a list of items (some of which I'm sure you already have, and most of them are small things) which I will try to post tomorrow sometime. :)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2005, 06:40:34 AM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Particleman

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2005, 06:58:09 AM »
Yeah, there are several things that need to be tweaked or fixed.  They're not things that, as far as I know, will make the game unplayable.

Pyramid80

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2005, 07:57:21 AM »
This is a very nice presentation!  Thank you

BTW, clemon79 how was the concert?  I saw Duran Duran a couple of months ago in Atlanta....

Particleman

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2005, 08:46:17 AM »
I've read some postings from my message forum about some of the bugs and problems.  This game isn't ready for prime-time display yet!!  I really thought I had a fully playable game.

I won't be satisfied until I get this game working correctly.  What's a flashy game worth if it doesn't work?

BrandonFG

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2005, 01:15:37 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Mar 10 2005, 06:39 AM\']VERY exciting news! I played with it (three Cokes at Denny's after a Duran Duran concert...I'm a LITTLE wired right now :))
[snapback]77713[/snapback]
[/quote]

So I assume that after the concert, you were hungry like the wolf?

I'll be here all week. :-)
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

dzinkin

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2005, 01:24:05 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Mar 10 2005, 06:39 AM\'](three Cokes at Denny's after a Duran Duran concert
[snapback]77713[/snapback]
[/quote]
Got to be better than the Horan Horan concert here last night. :-)

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2005, 01:29:51 PM »
[quote name=\'dzinkin\' date=\'Mar 10 2005, 01:24 PM\']Got to be better than the Horan Horan concert here last night. :-)[/quote]
Who sings vocals in that band--Simon LeBonehead?

GS Warehouse

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2005, 01:37:57 PM »
[quote name=\'hmtriplecrown\' date=\'Mar 10 2005, 01:29 PM\'][quote name=\'dzinkin\' date=\'Mar 10 2005, 01:24 PM\']Got to be better than the Horan Horan concert here last night. :-)[/quote]
[snapback]77753[/snapback]
[/quote]
It's Line of the Day.  It's Super Line of the Day!

tvwxman

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2005, 02:43:14 PM »
[quote name=\'GS Warehouse\' date=\'Mar 10 2005, 01:37 PM\'][quote name=\'hmtriplecrown\' date=\'Mar 10 2005, 01:29 PM\'][quote name=\'dzinkin\' date=\'Mar 10 2005, 01:24 PM\']Got to be better than the Horan Horan concert here last night. :-)[/quote]
[snapback]77753[/snapback]
[/quote]
It's Line of the Day.  It's Super Line of the Day!
[snapback]77756[/snapback]
[/quote]

Which begs the question : Which did you like more? Super Line of the Day or Line of the Day Plus??

I'm one of those on this board who remembers the original Line of the Day. Every little addition to the game (like the betting word or the double points for a single clue) helped enhance the proceedings. I saw all the evolutions of the format, including the Line of the Day All-Stars.

But "Line of the Day Plus", when it hit in 1979, was perhaps the ultimate. A new way to insult, and creative comments to boot, and the Alphabetics put the old-style lightning round to shame. So perfect was this version of the game was that when NBC resurrected it yet again as "Super Line of the Day", very few changes were made to the game (maybe a scoring tweak).

(apologies to Dave Mackey :) )
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

Particleman

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2005, 03:18:23 PM »
I fixed quite a few errors today.  Winner's Circle Round 2 should work just fine now, tie games won't credit the left team only, Main Game Round 2 works completely, and I even added that darn "cuckoo" sound.  :-)  I'll upload it tonight.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2005, 05:10:28 PM »
[quote name=\'Particleman\' date=\'Mar 10 2005, 04:58 AM\']Yeah, there are several things that need to be tweaked or fixed.  They're not things that, as far as I know, will make the game unplayable.
[snapback]77717[/snapback]
[/quote]
No, the mass majority of items I found were little cue-like things. I didn't see anything that would be a gamebreaker either. It looks good!
BTW, clemon79 how was the concert? I saw Duran Duran a couple of months ago in Atlanta....
Amazing. I'd been holding off on seeing them for years, since I was under the delusion from listening to "Arena" that they were a poor live band. BOY was I wrong. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Pyramid80

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2005, 05:49:05 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Mar 10 2005, 04:10 PM\']
BTW, clemon79 how was the concert? I saw Duran Duran a couple of months ago in Atlanta....
Amazing. I'd been holding off on seeing them for years, since I was under the delusion from listening to "Arena" that they were a poor live band. BOY was I wrong. :)
[snapback]77780[/snapback]
[/quote]
I am glad that I am not the only one that thought they were amazing.  I thought the same about them after hearing "Arena", but it is no comparison to them live.  One of the best concerts that I have ever attended.

Particleman

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2005, 07:03:24 PM »
Release candidate 2 is ready for download.  I fixed the bugs listed yesterday.   You can download it from the same link posted yesterday.  Hope you enjoy it.

ITSBRY

« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2005, 10:23:11 PM »
[quote name=\'Particleman\' date=\'Mar 10 2005, 07:03 PM\']Release candidate 2 is ready for download.  I fixed the bugs listed yesterday.   You can download it from the same link posted yesterday.  Hope you enjoy it.
[snapback]77797[/snapback]
[/quote]

Todd, you've done a fabulous job with this! Thanks for all the hard work...it was worth the wait. For game play value (and heck, even looks wise), this beats the Sierra game IMO.

Great work!!!

ITSBRY
itsbry@juno.com