Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Theme Song Question  (Read 5312 times)

Gsthemecollector

Theme Song Question
« on: March 15, 2005, 12:40:50 AM »
Does anybody know who composed the love connection theme from 1991 to 1992?

davemackey

Theme Song Question
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2005, 06:51:21 AM »
[quote name=\'Gsthemecollector\' date=\'Mar 15 2005, 01:40 AM\']Does anybody know who composed the love connection theme from 1991 to 1992?
[snapback]78208[/snapback]
[/quote]Larry Grossman.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
Theme Song Question
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2005, 01:28:01 PM »
[quote name=\'Gsthemecollector\' date=\'Mar 15 2005, 12:40 AM\']Does anybody know who composed the love connection theme from 1991 to 1992?
[/quote]

More importantly, who really cares?
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

passwordplus

Theme Song Question
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2005, 01:36:30 PM »
Ok, instead of starting another thread, who wrote the current Jeopardy theme. Somebody asked me and I told them I didn't know, thought I'd ask here.

pianogeek

• LET'S PLAY!
Theme Song Question
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2005, 01:42:43 PM »
The late Steve Kaplan.
-Sanford

uncamark

Theme Song Question
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2005, 04:53:54 PM »
[quote name=\'pianogeek\' date=\'Mar 15 2005, 01:42 PM\']The late Steve Kaplan.
[snapback]78251[/snapback]
[/quote]

Arranged and conducted by Steve Kaplan, composed by Merv Griffin.

wschmrdr

Theme Song Question
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2005, 07:06:33 PM »
Well, I don't know TOO many, but I can give you Double Dare 1976 and Card Sharks 1978.

It may not be a perfect theme/theme match, but the Jeopardy 1978-79 commercial/close theme was used as prize music on Wheel of Fortune.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Theme Song Question
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2005, 07:30:15 PM »
[quote name=\'T.Q.\' date=\'Mar 15 2005, 04:56 PM\']Name me a list of gameshow themes/cues that have been recycled for other gameshows to use regardless of the tempo (speed) differences or starting points. And if there were other shows besides gameshows that the theme/cue was used on, then list it here too.
[/quote]
My, you're a demanding little cuss, aren't you?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Kevin Prather

Theme Song Question
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2005, 07:57:07 PM »
[quote name=\'T.Q.\' date=\'Mar 15 2005, 03:56 PM\']Name me a list of gameshow themes/cues that have been recycled for other gameshows to use regardless of the tempo (speed) differences or starting points. And if there were other shows besides gameshows that the theme/cue was used on, then list it here too.

(e.g. "Jackpot 1980s" + "Shoot For The Stars" or "Now You See It 1974" + " Now You See It 1989")
[snapback]78298[/snapback]
[/quote]

Why don't you make me?!

</Apu from The Simpsons>

clemon79

Theme Song Question
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2005, 08:03:31 PM »
[quote name=\'T.Q.\' date=\'Mar 15 2005, 05:46 PM\']Well after that conflicting report about Truth Or Consequences 1987 and Knockout 1977, i'd like to have accurate information.
[snapback]78307[/snapback]
[/quote]
Then I suggest you find a more polite way to ask for it.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Theme Song Question
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2005, 09:08:08 PM »
There's a difference between asking a question straight up (which I appreciate too) and saying "Please list me every theme song that fits category N.  Be thorough and exact."  We're not going to lift a finger to do that.

Find some game show themes, listen to them yourself, and do the legwork.  It's much more satisfying.
Travis L. Eberle

dzinkin

Theme Song Question
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2005, 09:10:57 PM »
[quote name=\'T.Q.\' date=\'Mar 15 2005, 08:37 PM\']I'm not forcing anyone. Since this topic is "Theme Song Question" and since someone has made a logical statement saying "instead of making another tread...", i decided to post my question over here. No one is forcing you or anyone to reply to my question.
[snapback]78317[/snapback]
[/quote]
You did not post a question.  A question is "could someone please list...?"  You posted a demand; there's a difference.  (m-w.com is your friend.)

And if that was a joke, i do not take it as humorous.
It was indeed a joke.  It's not surprising that you didn't recognize it as such, since you apparently don't know the difference between a demand and a polite request.

And how is there suppose to be a "polite" way of typing a question? Instead of filling the question with emotional words, i like to write it straight forward and onto the point.
The word "please" comes to mind.  As does (there I go again!) the thing about actually phrasing your request as a question.

If you can reformat my question into a way that sounds positive and that it's unoffensive, then rewrite it for me.
Your arrogance is astounding.  YOU are the one who wants information.  It is up to YOU to phrase your request in a polite manner.  (And to make your request reasonable, something else with which you seem to need help.  As Travis notes, an attempt to do some of the work yourself is most appreciated before you come to the group to ask for help.)

[In the first paragraph, i'm not furious as in i'm yelling at you folks, just to clarify things about my writing. For me, things like "?!" look to me like the person is furious or surprised. However the last paragraph is somewhat of a challenge.]
It appears that you have more challenges than that.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2005, 09:12:39 PM by dzinkin »

clemon79

Theme Song Question
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2005, 09:47:02 PM »
[quote name=\'T.Q.\' date=\'Mar 15 2005, 06:37 PM\']If you can reformat my question into a way that sounds positive and that it's unoffensive, then rewrite it for me.
[/quote]
You got it, chief.
Name me a list of gameshow themes/cues that have been recycled for other gameshows to use regardless of the tempo (speed) differences or starting points. And if there were other shows besides gameshows that the theme/cue was used on, then list it here too.
"I wonder if there are any more gameshow themes that have been recycled for other shows, even if the tempo or edit was changed. For that matter, I wonder if those themes were used on other programs besides gameshows as well."

OR....

"Could someone please provide to me a list of game shows that have had their themes or cues recycled to be used on other shows, even if the tempo or starting point was changed? Also, if there are other programs besides game shows that used game show themes or cues, I'd appreciate knowing about those, too."

(And I'm COMPLETELY glossing over the fact that the request, no matter how it's couched, is totally inappropriate anyhow)

And NOW I strongly suggest you step the hell off with the attitude.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2005, 09:52:55 PM by clemon79 »

calliaume

Theme Song Question
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2005, 10:05:44 PM »
[quote name=\'Gsthemecollector\' date=\'Mar 15 2005, 12:40 AM\']Does anybody know who composed the love connection theme from 1991 to 1992?
[/quote]
It took him over a year's worth of work to write that theme?

Kevin Prather

Theme Song Question
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2005, 10:35:22 PM »
[quote name=\'T.Q.\' date=\'Mar 15 2005, 07:20 PM\']Because you've reworded the question, in order to finish this discussion, GOOD!

Of course now, there's no point in that question from me anymore. No i will not get rid of that attitude because i simply cannot guarantee that ever happening in the future, especially since it's bound to happen again.
[snapback]78330[/snapback]
[/quote]

You are not going to win many friends here this way. Knock off the attitude, or take it somewhere else.

EDIT: to take back something hypocritical.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2005, 10:43:12 PM by whoserman »