Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Hypothetical Mismatches  (Read 5364 times)

Craig Karlberg

Hypothetical Mismatches
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2005, 05:16:11 AM »
I can just visualize Pat Sajak hosting Super Millionaire.  YUCK!

whewfan

Hypothetical Mismatches
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2005, 07:41:51 AM »
I'd have a little trouble picturing Alex Trebek on The Price is Right... although he would feel at home with Dice Game.

How about.... Win Chris Wilde's Money?

Actually, Chris might do well in the Jimmy Kimmel role, if he doesn't try to dominate Ben.

Winkfan

Hypothetical Mismatches
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2005, 10:17:03 AM »
I've mentioned this before, but how about Bob Barker hosting Infatuation! Or Dick Clark presiding over That's Amoré! And I just thought of another: Just Men with your hostess, Dorothy Kilgallen! (Wait a minute, that's not a mismatch after all!)

Cordially,
Tammy Warner--the 'Sarah Purcell of the Big Board!'
In Loving Memory: Dolores "Roxanne" Rosedale (1929-2024) & Peter Marshall (1926-2024)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Hypothetical Mismatches
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2005, 11:35:23 AM »
"Welcome to High School Math Showdown. Your host is Dick Clark!"
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

GS Warehouse

Hypothetical Mismatches
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2005, 02:42:26 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Mar 22 2005, 11:35 AM\']"Welcome to High School Math Showdown. Your host is Dick Clark!"
[snapback]79041[/snapback]
[/quote]
ROFL  Somewhat on the same subject:

Rich: And here's the host of The Price is Right...Jim Caldwell!
[during Lucky Seven]
Contestant: Three, Jim.
Jim: He says three, let's hope there's not a dragon there?
[door reveals a 6]
Jim: That will be two dollars...what's that, Roger?  OK, we'll take a break at this crucial moment.
[before the next One-Bid]
Jim: It's time for our next contestant.  Introduce us to her, Rich!
Rich: David Zinkin, come on down! ...
[after David comes on down, blushing]
Jim: You're not a her.  You're a him.  This is the first time I've ever made this mistake, isn't it?
"Fingers", from offstage: Actually, that's the second time this taping!
[before Side by Side]
This red box is important.  I'll explain about the red box when I come to it.
[during the second Showcase Showdown]
Jim: After careful analys, David has decided to spin again.  Sixty cents plus...
[wheel lands on 40]
Jim: YOU GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
[Jason switches to Yogi Bear on Boomerang]

ChuckNet

Hypothetical Mismatches
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2005, 08:09:37 PM »
Bob Eubanks and any celebrity show, since he proved himself to be rather ill-at-ease in that role w/his work on Rhyme & Reason and All-Star Secrets.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
Hypothetical Mismatches
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2005, 11:38:49 PM »
[quote name=\'ChuckNet\' date=\'Mar 22 2005, 07:09 PM\']Bob Eubanks and any celebrity show, since he proved himself to be rather ill-at-ease in that role w/his work on Rhyme & Reason and All-Star Secrets.
[snapback]79096[/snapback]
[/quote]
A little ironic, in that Eubanks' production company produced ALL-STAR SECRETS, IIRC.  You'd think that if he were really ill at-ease in working with celebs that he might've ceded the hosting chores to someone else (not quite what you're saying, I realize, but somethnig to ponder).

Doug -- and the countdown to 1100 continues
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

Jimmy Owen

Hypothetical Mismatches
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2005, 03:16:40 AM »
Joe Garagiola hosting "Bruce Forsyth's Hot Streak" and Bruce Forsyth hosting "Joe Garagiola's Memory Game."
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

uncamark

Hypothetical Mismatches
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2005, 04:13:09 PM »
[quote name=\'SRIV94\' date=\'Mar 22 2005, 11:38 PM\'][quote name=\'ChuckNet\' date=\'Mar 22 2005, 07:09 PM\']Bob Eubanks and any celebrity show, since he proved himself to be rather ill-at-ease in that role w/his work on Rhyme & Reason and All-Star Secrets.
[snapback]79096[/snapback]
[/quote]
A little ironic, in that Eubanks' production company produced ALL-STAR SECRETS, IIRC.  You'd think that if he were really ill at-ease in working with celebs that he might've ceded the hosting chores to someone else (not quite what you're saying, I realize, but somethnig to ponder).

[snapback]79114[/snapback]
[/quote]

Last night I was on TV Ark and noted that the Brits got it right in terms of a host for their version of "All-Star Secrets":  Michael Parkinson, who's been interviewing celebs on TV for decades.  (His show has aired off and on on BBCA--more off now that his show has moved back to ITV.)  Of course, he may've been a little off on the game mechanics, but at least he could interact with the panel (I don't remember--did he host "Give Us a Clue" at one time, or was that always Michael Aspel?)