Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Nashville Squares  (Read 2328 times)

geno57

Nashville Squares
« on: April 01, 2005, 09:15:18 AM »
This is from the entertainment column, "Brad About You", by Brad Schmidt:

-----

Would you like to play games with a big star?

There's a big fund-raiser tomorrow night that'll let you play games with Hollywood star Judge Reinhold of Beverly Hills Cop fame.

Judge and his wife, Amy, will join Titans receiver Drew Bennett, state Sen. Thelma Harper, Nashville Star judge Anastasia Brown and WSIX morning man Gerry House in a spirited Hollywood Squares-type game at TPAC's Polk Theater.

This was probably the most creative and well-done fund-raiser last year, so don't miss this year's version. It's a big campy fun night called Are You Game, Nashville?, and you can buy tickets online at Areyougamenashville.com. The money goes to the Tennessee Rep.

The games get a little more fun when you get a chance to win a date with the fabulous/talented Miss Tennessee Ashley Eicher by participating in the game Hook, Line and Sinker. Don't ask. I dunno. The more money you spend, the more likely it is you get to be a contestant.

See you tomorrow night. (Yes, I'm in one of the ''squares.'' How appropriate.)

uncamark

Nashville Squares
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2005, 11:53:09 AM »
I remember when they did this event last year, it seemed to be originally called "Nashville Squares."  Guess KW got antsy, so it became "Nashville Circles."

Here's the web site for the event--it looks like besides "Nashville Circles" and the "Dating Game" bit, they're also going to do a "Wheel" knockoff called "Tire'd of Misfortune."  The silent auction part of the evening's called "You Write the Price."

As for the local celebs, outside of Judge Reinhold, the biggest names they seemed to got are the veteran Nashville radio morning man Gerry House and a Shop-at-Home channel host, but it still sounds like a fun evening for those who are in the neighborhood and can afford it.