Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Big Showdown Question  (Read 2740 times)

TalkingHeadsFan

Big Showdown Question
« on: April 04, 2005, 04:02:55 PM »
Does anyone know how the dice return system worked on The Big Showdown? Jim would throw the dice through the felt-fringe and they'd disappear. I don't think the show could rely on the dice automatically rolling back to Heather, yet she endlessly plucks dice from her podium. Did they simply make A LOT of dice or is there more to it?

Also, do any copies of the theme exist? It's probably one of the catchiest Score pieces to date.

Thanks,

Doug

jmangin

Big Showdown Question
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2005, 04:30:58 PM »
There were dozens of pairs of dice pre-loaded into the podium from which Heather grabs them.

I'm not sure if anyone reloaded the used dice into the podium or not, though.

A few pairs have shown up in the past among game show fans.

TimK2003

Big Showdown Question
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2005, 11:47:47 PM »
[quote name=\'jmangin\' date=\'Apr 4 2005, 03:30 PM\']There were dozens of pairs of dice pre-loaded into the podium from which Heather grabs them.
[snapback]80470[/snapback]
[/quote]

And if I were loaded, I'd be grabbing one of Heather's pairs a few dozen times myself at the podium back then...

(Sorry...Couldn't resist...been working on my #*%&-ing taxes for the better part of 5 hours tonight)

jmangin

Big Showdown Question
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2005, 07:14:24 AM »
[quote name=\'TimK2003\' date=\'Apr 6 2005, 10:47 PM\']And if I were loaded, I'd be grabbing one of Heather's pairs a few dozen times myself at the podium back then...
[snapback]80830[/snapback]
[/quote]

<Looks behind him for a large gong>