Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: TPIR MDS  (Read 3332 times)

passwordplus

TPIR MDS
« on: April 08, 2005, 12:52:14 PM »
Of course the MDS specials have already taped, but what clips would pick for the "classic moments".

I can tell from the commercial that the "Yolanda" incident from '76 is going to be on the specials.

Other ones that would be good to air

1. The lady who bid 9k on a surfboard.
2. Various people falling on their A$$ when spinning the big wheel.
3. Bob spinning the wheel for an old lady, and he didn't get the wheel ALL THE WAY AROUND!

Your thoughts?

joshg

TPIR MDS
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2005, 01:35:12 PM »
Any clips with the old models are SURE to be included. ;-)
Because Chiffon Wrinkles...

TalkingHeadsFan

TPIR MDS
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2005, 03:11:06 PM »
We'll probably see a lot of the same clips we saw on the 25th Anniv. Special. But I don't think anything with the models, or anything showing Bob's faults (Not being able to spin the wheel...Messing up Pick-a-Pair) will be shown. Since TPIR is paying homage to it's own history, do you think we'll see any sort of mini-tribute to Rod Roddy and Johnny Olson? I think it's near impossible, but it'd be a nice touch.

Steve Gavazzi

TPIR MDS
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2005, 04:02:52 PM »
You know, for some reason, this seems like a really silly question.  Most of us already know about these things we're going to be recommending.  Personally, I hope they show some new ones -- God knows there must be stuff out there they haven't featured yet.

Craig Karlberg

TPIR MDS
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2005, 05:48:19 AM »
Not only TPIR"S MDS will show clips but also Ben Stein's Game Show Gone Bananas on VH-1 will offer a few more TPIR clips I would imagine.

As far as clips go, how about the Punchboard's biggest gambler risking $5K to look into one more hole.  I"d love to see that one.

tvrandywest

TPIR MDS
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2005, 11:07:40 AM »
[quote name=\'Craig Karlberg\' date=\'Apr 9 2005, 01:48 AM\']Not only TPIR"S MDS will show clips but also Ben Stein's Game Show Gone Bananas on VH-1 will offer a few more TPIR clips I would imagine.
[snapback]81151[/snapback]
[/quote]
You imagine correctly, sir!

While TPiR-Live shows the best-known fave clips with each performance on the road (I've now seen these a few hundred times, and they're still funny), during the taping of the VH-1 specials I was delighted to see quite a few "virgin" clips. Mandel, his sources and his co-conspirators, spent a lot of time unearthing some great moments from TPiR, and dubbing them in pristine quality. A lot of Barker and a couple of moments with Dennis James, as well. Check VH-1's listings; we should be airing during May sweeps.

Randy
tvrandywest
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

uncamark

TPIR MDS
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2005, 05:22:22 PM »
[quote name=\'Steve Gavazzi\' date=\'Apr 8 2005, 03:02 PM\']You know, for some reason, this seems like a really silly question.  Most of us already know about these things we're going to be recommending.  Personally, I hope they show some new ones -- God knows there must be stuff out there they haven't featured yet.
[snapback]81060[/snapback]
[/quote]

And they did show some clips they haven't shown before Saturday night--but we'll probably still see Yolanda before the other two shows finish airing.

And the fainter.

And the Samoans.

sshuffield70

TPIR MDS
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2005, 07:03:21 PM »
May I also recommend Amy Remple? (though it's available on the web).
« Last Edit: April 11, 2005, 07:03:46 PM by sshuffield70 »

saussage

TPIR MDS
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2005, 10:45:02 PM »
[quote name=\'matchgame\' date=\'Apr 8 2005, 12:35 PM\']Any clips with the old models are SURE to be included. ;-)
[snapback]81046[/snapback]
[/quote]

It'll never happen but I'd love to see the old models playing BUMP. I miss that pricing game. :(
Don't think too hard... you might give yourself a headache.

dizzy

TPIR MDS
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2005, 11:22:04 PM »
Somebody sent me a clip of the Yolanda incident without the Black Bar over her.  After I saw it I had wished they just sent me the one with the Bar. ;-)

Dizzy