Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Prove your nerdiness...  (Read 6324 times)

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Prove your nerdiness...
« on: April 19, 2005, 10:20:02 PM »
If you have a Herst-Argyle station in your area, you are familiar with their websites....www.theomahachannel.com, etc.

Tom Moor presents his quiz:
http://www.theiowachannel.com/quizzes/index.html

Note: Some of the questons have a very, very, low percentage of "right" answers.

Look for one by myself in the near future.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2005, 10:22:35 PM by Modor »
--Mark
Phil 4:13

aaron sica

Prove your nerdiness...
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2005, 10:31:57 PM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' date=\'Apr 19 2005, 10:20 PM\']If you have a Herst-Argyle station in your area, you are familiar with their websites....www.theomahachannel.com, etc.

Tom Moor presents his quiz:
http://www.theiowachannel.com/quizzes/index.html

Note: Some of the questons have a very, very, low percentage of "right" answers.

Look for one by myself in the near future.
[snapback]82572[/snapback]
[/quote]

I got a 70% on it....I very stupidly missed the question with the poem, the question about "Picture This" and "Tattletales".

Of course, some of those are ones only game show geeks would most likely get..Looking forward to your quiz eventually as well, Mark.

Jimmy Owen

Prove your nerdiness...
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2005, 10:52:32 PM »
Nice quiz, some nitpicks: "Gambit" ended in 76, not 77, "Blackout" lasted less than 26 weeks, etc.; but who with a significant other would even notice?
« Last Edit: April 19, 2005, 10:53:33 PM by Jimmy Owen »
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

BrandonFG

Prove your nerdiness...
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2005, 11:38:25 PM »
I got a 10/10 (don't know if that's a good thing here), but other than the small errors (like Jimmy said, no one outside of us would know or care), but it was an interesting quiz. Looked like it was tailor-made for this group. :-)
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

ChuckNet

Prove your nerdiness...
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2005, 11:44:15 PM »
Like the 1992 CBS late night relationship game, I had A Perfect Score. :-)

Chuck Donegan (The Proud "Chuckie Baby")

Adam Nedeff

Prove your nerdiness...
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2005, 11:46:05 PM »
10 out of 10! My girlfriend chuckled as I celebrated...by which I mean I was completely alone and realized how stupid my dance would look to anybody who might pass by the window.

Good quiz though, somebody did their homework to throw that one together.

FeudDude

Prove your nerdiness...
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2005, 11:57:26 PM »
Only four out of 10.  Hmmm, maybe I do have a life after all ;-)

Matt Ottinger

Prove your nerdiness...
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2005, 11:58:14 PM »
My nitpick is with the Tattletales question.  Sometimes they played so fast that they were able to squeeze in an extra question, so technically it was possible that a couple could win even more than the correct answer that was given.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Thad Dixon

Prove your nerdiness...
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2005, 12:20:22 AM »
I just took the quiz myself and got 9 out of 10.  The only one I missed was the question about "Picture This".

Robert Hutchinson

Prove your nerdiness...
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2005, 12:36:02 AM »
I could swear we tackled this quiz a while back.

You'll note I'm too lazy to dig up the thread.
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

Jumpondees

Prove your nerdiness...
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2005, 05:15:35 AM »
I managed 6/10 ... I missed the question on "Picture This" (mainly because it was a show I wasn't familiar with, looks like it's time for another sitdown with the "encyclopedia"), the Tattletales question (because I can't add at 5am for some reason), and then both Pyramid questions (I never knew that Billy Crystal had posted such a time...and for some reason I don't remember Blackout replacing pyramid, but alas it happens)

So I guess I'm a slightly above average geek.

Craig Karlberg

Prove your nerdiness...
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2005, 05:30:02 AM »
I scored 80% on it.  I too missed the Picture This question but I dumbfoundedly missed the Jackpot! question.  The Trump Card question was tricky but I nailed it.  Alao, to clarify the Tattletales question, the final score could concievably be $2,050 if an extra question was asked, however, $1,750 is usually considered the "max" on that show anyway.

zachhoran

Prove your nerdiness...
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2005, 08:04:24 AM »
[quote name=\'Craig Karlberg\' date=\'Apr 20 2005, 04:30 AM\']I scored 80% on it.  I too missed the Picture This question but I dumbfoundedly missed the Jackpot! question.  The Trump Card question was tricky but I nailed it.  Alao, to clarify the Tattletales question, the final score could concievably be $2,050 if an extra question was asked, however, $1,750 is usually considered the "max" on that show anyway.
[snapback]82615[/snapback]
[/quote]

THe max score would be $1900, because when they played an extra question, that question was always worth $150. Did any couple ever win higher than $1675 for their rooting section(David Doyle and spouse and Isabel Sanford and her son are two duos that amassed $1675)

Ian Wallis

Prove your nerdiness...
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2005, 08:49:13 AM »
THe max score would be $1900, because when they played an extra question, that question was always worth $150. Did any couple ever win higher than $1675 for their rooting section(David Doyle and spouse and Isabel Sanford and her son are two duos that amassed $1675)

Actually, on one episode there was a maximum of $2050 - on a 1983 episode with Jerry Mathers as a guest they played 6 questions.  GSN has aired it and several people have it in their collections.

To the best of my knowledge, nobody won more than the $1675, but there was a chance...in a 1983 episode with Ken Howard, two couples ended with $0, and Ken had a chance at the whole $1750 - but he missed the last question and got $1450 instead.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
Prove your nerdiness...
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2005, 09:14:27 AM »
Back to the quiz for a second...I got 9 out of ten. I forget exactly which question tripped me up, but I did somehow know the CNR question (how I don't know).
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022