Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The Price is Right on DVD  (Read 5308 times)

Pyramid80

The Price is Right on DVD
« on: May 02, 2005, 07:55:12 AM »
Saw this and thought I'd share....

Price is Right DVD

WhammyPower

« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2005, 09:49:02 AM »
If I could get it to load, I might comment something different than this.

EDIT: Saved by the Golden Road
« Last Edit: May 02, 2005, 10:06:43 AM by WhammyPower »

Pyramid80

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2005, 09:54:31 AM »
[quote name=\'WhammyPower\' date=\'May 2 2005, 08:49 AM\']If I could get it to load, I might comment something different than this.
[snapback]84086[/snapback]
[/quote]
Here's the story:

(Deleted; story can be found here.  -DZ)
« Last Edit: May 02, 2005, 11:29:31 AM by dzinkin »

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2005, 10:21:33 AM »
Maybe we'll finally get to see in all "their" glory what the audience saw on that fateful day when the name of Yolanda Bowersly was called.  "She came on down....and they came on out."
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

JayDLewis

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2005, 10:31:12 AM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'May 2 2005, 09:21 AM\']Maybe we'll finally get to see in all "their" glory what the audience saw on that fateful day when the name of Yolanda Bowersly was called.  "She came on down....and they came on out."
[/quote]

If you're that desperate to see <Brett Somers>[BOOBS]</Brett Somers> you could go to Game Show Congress 4 <rimshot, Hiyoo!> or you could visit any one of elevnty billion websites...

Yolanda's "glory" shouldn't be seen by anyone, anywhere, anytime.

ObGameshow: Barker's lesion will host The Slice is Right (Tat wud bee funi). Sorry, off to The Chamber Chamber.
QWIZX.com  -- A little bit of everything

cmjb13

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2005, 12:16:50 PM »
I guess a compilation DVD would be the logical way to go. Doubt we'll be seeing any full episodes.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

uncamark

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2005, 02:26:18 PM »
And don't forget--as long as Barker is alive, he's probably not going to want to give Janice, Dian and Holly the satisfaction of getting residuals.  Combine that with the sheer volume of product and be content with highlights DVDs.

Gromit

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2005, 12:56:59 AM »
Really can't see how this would work on DVD. Even as a fan, there's no interest for me in various clips.

How about complete season sets? Maybe six to eight episodes a disk, 33 seasons, how many disks is that? :)

FeudDude

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2005, 01:21:42 AM »
[quote name=\'Gromit\' date=\'May 3 2005, 12:56 AM\']Really can't see how this would work on DVD. Even as a fan, there's no interest for me in various clips.

How about complete season sets? Maybe six to eight episodes a disk, 33 seasons, how many disks is that? :)
[snapback]84189[/snapback]
[/quote]

Way too many?

Let's face it, I don't even think the most dedicated fans would want to watch the same episodes of TPiR over and over again.  After all, most of us don't like it when GSN "rerun abuses" the same episodes of certain shows. ;-)
« Last Edit: May 03, 2005, 01:22:58 AM by FeudDude »

inturnaround

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2005, 02:30:42 AM »
[quote name=\'FeudDude\' date=\'May 3 2005, 12:21 AM\']Let's face it, I don't even think the most dedicated fans would want to watch the same episodes of TPiR over and over again.  After all, most of us don't like it when GSN "rerun abuses" the same episodes of certain shows. ;-)
[snapback]84192[/snapback]
[/quote]

Never going to see season sets, sure, but you'll likely see some sort of back-patting salute to the history of the show with rare moments and such, in addition to the no-brainer DVD of bloopers. I'd love to see a complete video inventory of every pricing game on DVD, including thoughts by Bob about the game itself on a commentary track over a good example of standard game play. If Fremantle is as zealous releasing DVDs of their popular properties, then such best-of DVDs aren't completely out of the question.
Joe Coughlin     
Human

Terry K

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2005, 03:42:48 AM »
I'd love to see a DVD collection of TPIR's greatest moments.  Things like Johnny's showcases, Yolanda, Rod's coats, great pricing game moments, Vanna's apperance, etc...

I'd love to see the 'milestone' TPIR shows, like the first show (not in Barker's lifetime, but is with the traders), the first hour-long show and such in their entirety.

This could work, it would take some time to get right.

uncamark

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2005, 12:29:12 PM »
[quote name=\'inturnaround\' date=\'May 3 2005, 01:30 AM\'][quote name=\'FeudDude\' date=\'May 3 2005, 12:21 AM\']Let's face it, I don't even think the most dedicated fans would want to watch the same episodes of TPiR over and over again.  After all, most of us don't like it when GSN "rerun abuses" the same episodes of certain shows. ;-)
[snapback]84192[/snapback]
[/quote]

Never going to see season sets, sure, but you'll likely see some sort of back-patting salute to the history of the show with rare moments and such, in addition to the no-brainer DVD of bloopers. I'd love to see a complete video inventory of every pricing game on DVD, including thoughts by Bob about the game itself on a commentary track over a good example of standard game play. If Fremantle is as zealous releasing DVDs of their popular properties, then such best-of DVDs aren't completely out of the question.
[snapback]84195[/snapback]
[/quote]

I'd rather hear Rog commenting on the games, since he knows them better than anyone else on the show, including Barker.

AH3RD

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2005, 05:20:46 PM »
I'd prefer to saving my dinero for Match Game PM - Season 1. Especially for the well-liked "Burns And Cuts" debacle, which GSN's constantly avoiding to play, for reasons unknown!

Aw, well...@ least we still have "Admiral Color TV".
Aaron Handy III - ah07_1999@yahoo.com

The ABC Password Page

The Aaron Handy III TV Web Shrine