Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Official Online Games  (Read 3749 times)

GSNFAN3000

Official Online Games
« on: May 04, 2005, 05:22:01 PM »
ALL NEW Official Online Games!

This is... ROCK AND ROLL JEOPARDY!
http://www.sonypictures.com/games/rocknrol...ardy/index.html

A classic game: NAME THAT TUNE
http://www.sonypictures.com/games/namethattune/index.html

WHEEL...OF...FORTUNE! (Now, play along with computer or friends!!!)
(You need a MSN Passport Account)
http://zone.msn.com/en/wheeloffortune/zpadefault.htm

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Official Online Games
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2005, 05:25:04 PM »
[quote name=\'GSNFAN3000\' date=\'May 4 2005, 02:22 PM\']WHEEL...OF...FORTUNE! (Now, play along with computer or friends!!!)
[/quote]
Yeah, um, this isn't new. Unless by "new" you meant "a year and a half old".
« Last Edit: May 04, 2005, 05:26:08 PM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

CarbonCpy

Official Online Games
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2005, 07:32:44 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'May 4 2005, 04:25 PM\']Yeah, um, this isn't new. Unless by "new" you meant "a year and a half old".
[snapback]84376[/snapback]
[/quote]

My guess is that they're posting from the alternate 1985 where Dan Enright got a copy of the Encyclopedia of TV Game Shows.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2005, 07:33:12 PM by CarbonCpy »

dazztardly

Official Online Games
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2005, 07:35:45 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'May 4 2005, 04:25 PM\'][quote name=\'GSNFAN3000\' date=\'May 4 2005, 02:22 PM\']WHEEL...OF...FORTUNE! (Now, play along with computer or friends!!!)
[/quote]
Yeah, um, this isn't new. Unless by "new" you meant "a year and a half old".
[snapback]84376[/snapback]
[/quote]

It isn't new, but it was recently updated not too long ago with multiplayer features.

-Dan

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Official Online Games
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2005, 07:38:05 PM »
[quote name=\'dazztardly\' date=\'May 4 2005, 04:35 PM\']It isn't new, but it was recently updated not too long ago with multiplayer features.
[/quote]
Uh, no. I know the guys who WROTE it, in fact. That was the year and a half ago to which I refer.

EDIT: Oh. It can be played by THREE players now, instead of two. By god, someone tell the networks, we have a new lead for the six-o-clock news...
« Last Edit: May 04, 2005, 07:43:14 PM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

dazztardly

Official Online Games
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2005, 12:01:09 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'May 4 2005, 06:38 PM\'][quote name=\'dazztardly\' date=\'May 4 2005, 04:35 PM\']It isn't new, but it was recently updated not too long ago with multiplayer features.
[/quote]
Uh, no. I know the guys who WROTE it, in fact. That was the year and a half ago to which I refer.

EDIT: Oh. It can be played by THREE players now, instead of two. By god, someone tell the networks, we have a new lead for the six-o-clock news...
[snapback]84390[/snapback]
[/quote]

Alright, fine. Jesus christ...

Matt Ottinger

Official Online Games
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2005, 12:18:28 AM »
[quote name=\'dazztardly\' date=\'May 5 2005, 12:01 AM\']Alright, fine. Jesus christ...[/quote]
Please.  He prefers just plain "Chris".
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Blanquepage

• "Pacman cereal: it eats YOU!" - Geoff, Starcade
Official Online Games
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2005, 12:31:09 AM »

<Jackie Gleason> Oh shutcher mouth. </JG>

On another note, didn't Sony once have a Chain Reaction netgame some years ago? I vaguely seem to recall "Super Chain Reaction," but maybe I'm dreaming...again.

--Jamie
« Last Edit: May 05, 2005, 12:40:32 AM by Jimmy Fiono Coyne »

SamJ93

Official Online Games
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2005, 12:43:12 AM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Fiono Coyne\' date=\'May 5 2005, 12:31 AM\']

On another note, didn't Sony once have a Chain Reaction netgame some years ago? I vaguely seem to recall "Super Chain Reaction," but maybe I'm dreaming...again.

--Jamie
[snapback]84433[/snapback]
[/quote]

You're not dreaming, because I remember it as well.  Details are sketchy, but as I remember it involved three-word couplets and trying to determine the middle word.  Somewhat in the spirit of the original, I guess, but not quite the same.

They now also have a "Joker's Wild" game available for mobile phones now, FWIW.

--Sam
« Last Edit: May 05, 2005, 12:43:34 AM by SamJ93 »
It's a well-known fact that Lincoln loved mayonnaise!

CarbonCpy

Official Online Games
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2005, 01:27:17 AM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Fiono Coyne\' date=\'May 4 2005, 11:31 PM\']On another note, didn't Sony once have a Chain Reaction netgame some years ago? I vaguely seem to recall "Super Chain Reaction," but maybe I'm dreaming...again.

--Jamie
[/quote]

You're not too far off, there, Jamie.  I'm wanting to say that I remember reading about Sony wanting to try it out.

Although, I do kinda miss the days back when they had their online version of the Dating Game, although not entirely out of love for the game.  I've seen some hilarious exchanges go on in that place.

Q: "Flowers die and I'm allergic to chocolate.  What would you buy to romance me?"
A: "Ten pounds of chocolate-covered flowers."
« Last Edit: May 05, 2005, 01:45:39 AM by CarbonCpy »

tvwxman

Official Online Games
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2005, 05:08:39 AM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' date=\'May 4 2005, 11:18 PM\'][quote name=\'dazztardly\' date=\'May 5 2005, 12:01 AM\']Alright, fine. Jesus christ...[/quote]
Please.  He prefers just plain "Chris".
[snapback]84431[/snapback]
[/quote]

Oooooh, good for yesterday's "LINE OF THE DAY"

But today's a new day, kids! Get your comebacks ready! :)
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

zachhoran

Official Online Games
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2005, 08:38:21 AM »
[quote name=\'SamJ93\' date=\'May 4 2005, 11:43 PM\'][quote name=\'Jimmy Fiono Coyne\' date=\'May 5 2005, 12:31 AM\']

--Jamie
[/quote]

You're not dreaming, because I remember it as well.  Details are sketchy, but as I remember it involved three-word couplets and trying to determine the middle word.  Somewhat in the spirit of the original, I guess, but not quite the same.

[snapback]84435[/snapback]
[/quote]

It was either a three word chain or a five word chain. When it was a five word chain, the second and fourth words were the one to be guessed. I played it once or twice back in 2000 when it was on that site. They didn't use the logo of either run of CR as I recall.