Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Survivor Applicants... what do they look for?  (Read 3514 times)

daveromanjr

Survivor Applicants... what do they look for?
« on: May 09, 2005, 11:05:05 PM »
A buddy of mine mentioned that he really REALLY wants to be on Survivor, but asked me if I knew of any good recommendations of what to do and how to act at a cast calling.  He's a nice outgoing guy and very personable, but just wants to know of any specific things to do or say that would really make him stand out from the others.  He kinda reminds me of Randy when I saw him on TTTT a couple weeks ago with the way he acts.

Also, I couldn't find a site with any available info on cast calls so if anybody could point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it.

inturnaround

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2005, 11:48:17 PM »
Mark Burnett has said that he wants type-a personalities, people who want to lead and not be led. Not all of the people in the seasons have acted that way once they get to the island, but apparently he casts them for being type-a aggressive people.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2005, 11:48:42 PM by inturnaround »
Joe Coughlin     
Human

cmjb13

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2005, 06:19:14 AM »
For those in the NJ area, Six Flags Great Adventure will be holding a Survivor open casting call on June 16.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

uncamark

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2005, 12:21:01 PM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'May 10 2005, 05:19 AM\']For those in the NJ area, Six Flags Great Adventure will be holding a Survivor open casting call on June 16.
[snapback]84879[/snapback]
[/quote]

Which is more of a publicity stunt than anything else.

If your friend is really serious about it, he should send in a tape.  Right now, they seem to be in between taking applications, but have your friend keep watching cbs.com--they'll probably make an announcement this Sunday night on the finale, as well.

DrBear

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2005, 03:39:25 PM »
From the clips I've seen - and that's all I've seen, I don't like the idea of the show - it's 5 hunks, 4 babes and a couple of healthy oldsters who can be voted off early.
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

inturnaround

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2005, 04:02:10 PM »
Remember, too, that CBS routinely shares the tapes of one of their reality shows with the others they do. I've heard stories of people from The Amazing Race saying they wanted to be on Survivor, but the tape found its way into the casting people behind TAR. Same thing goes for Big Brother.
Joe Coughlin     
Human

uncamark

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2005, 04:04:21 PM »
[quote name=\'inturnaround\' date=\'May 10 2005, 03:02 PM\']Remember, too, that CBS routinely shares the tapes of one of their reality shows with the others they do. I've heard stories of people from The Amazing Race saying they wanted to be on Survivor, but the tape found its way into the casting people behind TAR. Same thing goes for Big Brother.
[snapback]84947[/snapback]
[/quote]

Lynne Spillman casts both "Survivor" and "TAR," so that's not that surprising.  She's sort of considered the queen of reality show bookers, having been doing it since the first "Real World" all those years ago.

starcade

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2005, 08:08:34 PM »
[quote name=\'daveromanjr\' date=\'May 9 2005, 10:05 PM\']A buddy of mine mentioned that he really REALLY wants to be on Survivor, but asked me if I knew of any good recommendations of what to do and how to act at a cast calling.  He's a nice outgoing guy and very personable, but just wants to know of any specific things to do or say that would really make him stand out from the others.  He kinda reminds me of Randy when I saw him on TTTT a couple weeks ago with the way he acts.

Also, I couldn't find a site with any available info on cast calls so if anybody could point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it.
[snapback]84857[/snapback]
[/quote]

Skin.  Seriously...

And probably also some psychological damage (but enough of a sane face to pass the psych exams) would help for dramatic-meltdown effect.

daveromanjr

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2005, 10:25:14 PM »
Wow thank you ALL for the advice!  Both I and my buddy appreciate it!

Would it be best to send a tape of him to Lynne Spillman herself?  Does anybody happen to have a contact address we could use?