Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Temptation- The New Sale Of The Century  (Read 10901 times)

Jeremy Nelson

Temptation- The New Sale Of The Century
« on: May 24, 2005, 10:47:57 PM »
At the Australian game Show Page, they have a clip of the promo for the new Temptation. If the set ends up looking anything like this, I will be utterly pleased. Don't know what I'm talking about? Scroll down to the bottom of this link to find the video, and you will see what i mean.

http://www.angelfire.com/oz2/powney/video_moments.htm
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

pianogeek

• LET'S PLAY!
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2005, 11:14:35 PM »
[quote name=\'rollercoaster87\' date=\'May 24 2005, 09:47 PM\']At the Australian game Show Page, they have a clip of the promo for the new Temptation. If the set ends up looking anything like this, I will be utterly pleased. Don't know what I'm talking about? Scroll down to the bottom of this link to find the video, and you will see what i mean.

[snapback]86424[/snapback]
[/quote]

I love the way how the Aussies advertise their game shows.  Too bad we don't see this much in America.
-Sanford

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2005, 11:18:39 PM »
oh yeah... i almost forgot... I have no idea what is up with having the car on its side... Maybe it's supposed to be an eye-catcher for the promo
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

Game Show Man

• Admiral Anaheim, Big Joey Numbers, etc.
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2005, 11:22:11 PM »
[quote name=\'rollercoaster87\' date=\'May 24 2005, 07:47 PM\']At the Australian game Show Page, they have a clip of the promo for the new Temptation. If the set ends up looking anything like this, I will be utterly pleased. Don't know what I'm talking about? Scroll down to the bottom of this link to find the video, and you will see what i mean.

[snapback]86424[/snapback]
[/quote]
Ooh-hoo-hoo-hoo.  Daddy like.
"Game Show Man" Joe Van Ginkel
captvangin@aol.com
"Remember, reality bites, so WATCH MORE GAME SHOWS!"

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2005, 04:17:49 AM »
God, that gives me a warm fuzzy feeling inside, basing an entire promo around that classic sound effect.

And they're still keeping the $oTC name, too, the same way Whammy did.

Makes me wanna move to Australia, it does.

If someone makes these available on BitTorrent, I may just cry. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

TonicBH

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2005, 04:36:08 AM »
Now this is a good promo. Makes me wish the States had a version coming out, they could probably make it as snazzy as this. Or they'll make it suck with reality concepts to make the show "fresh".
You Found a Secret Area: The place where I write about dumb game show and video game stuff occasionally.

BrandonFG

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2005, 04:40:22 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'May 25 2005, 03:17 AM\']If someone makes these available on BitTorrent, I may just cry. :)
[snapback]86448[/snapback]
[/quote]

Haven't seen the promo, but if Fremantle could do an American version that sounds as promising as this one, I'd cry as well. :-)
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2005, 09:32:45 AM »
I also like how they give it a modern department store feel revolving doors and all!

I should go on vacation to Australia, just so I can sit in my hotle room and watch Temptation the whole time

Don Howard

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2005, 11:09:12 AM »
[quote name=\'TonicBH\' date=\'May 25 2005, 03:36 AM\']Now this is a good promo. Makes me wish the States had a version coming out, they could probably make it as snazzy as this. Or they'll make it suck with reality concepts to make the show "fresh".
[snapback]86449[/snapback]
[/quote]
Or this!
No announcer. Host Blake Emmons joggs onstage and exclaims,"Welcome to The New $ale of the Century. As you know, $ale of the Century is a game of definitions. But watch out for those Double Bozo cards on the Clip Chip board or we'll blast you with a paint gun (giggle)".
Doug, I don't suppose you're going to Australia some time soon?
« Last Edit: May 25, 2005, 11:09:49 AM by Don Howard »

DJDustman

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2005, 11:29:07 AM »
That's an incredible set there in that promo. I have total positive feelings for this Australian revival.

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2005, 11:34:02 AM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'May 25 2005, 10:09 AM\']Or this!
No announcer. Host Blake Emmons joggs onstage and exclaims,"Welcome to The New $ale of the Century. As you know, $ale of the Century is a game of definitions. But watch out for those Double Bozo cards on the Clip Chip board or we'll blast you with a paint gun (giggle)".
Doug, I don't suppose you're going to Australia some time soon?
[snapback]86462[/snapback]
[/quote]
You don't suppose correctly.  Sorry.  (<adds sheepishly> You did mean me, right?  :) )

Doug -- one of several on this board with the not-quite-as-common first name
« Last Edit: May 25, 2005, 11:40:31 AM by SRIV94 »
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

tvwxman

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2005, 03:11:59 PM »
Holy crap that's incredible....

And to think I was worried that some hot shot producer was going to screw up one of the world's best formats....

Good luck for success in Oz, and more good luck in hoping that the rights end up here in the states.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

Jumpondees

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2005, 03:53:05 AM »
I have done nothing but play that promo over and over and I just get goosebumps...My mouth is just watering over this show that I'll possibly never get to see.

At the risk of being lambasted by the group regulars...I've always had this idea in the back of my mind of GSN doing a "international block" of shows if not for an hour or two a day, but perhaps a couple hours a week.  Use various game shows with established formats here in America from other English speaking countries (Suchs as England or Austraila)...Hell they could use Temptation as a centerpiece if GSN was able to talk Fremantle into bringing it over for a small nominal fee...Perhaps use it as a gague to see if a revival of $OTC would be viable here.

I dunno .. just a thought I guess

ChuckNet

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2005, 09:55:41 PM »
How nice to have a source Down Under who'll be recording the entire premiere wk for me... :-) But gloating aside, if this promo's any indication, I think it's safe to say that $otC's return to Aussie TV was def worth waiting 3 yrs for!

Chuck Donegan (The Eager "Chuckie Baby")

weaklink75

« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2005, 09:41:53 AM »
Well it premiered tonight...here's a page on it with the updated rules and pics from the first episode...(I think this is OK, because it's aired there-though anyone who is doing a deal to get the eps might want to beware)

http://members.iinet.net.au/~powney/gamesh...ptation2005.htm
« Last Edit: May 30, 2005, 09:51:43 AM by weaklink75 »