Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Ken Jennings  (Read 7175 times)

inturnaround

Ken Jennings
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2005, 01:31:08 AM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'May 31 2005, 01:18 AM\']I like my heroes invincible.
[snapback]87141[/snapback]
[/quote]

Good luck finding them.
Joe Coughlin     
Human

Timsterino

Ken Jennings
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2005, 06:41:34 AM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'May 30 2005, 11:53 PM\']I'm of the opinion that Ken losing in another tournament of champs could put his rep in "Jeop"
[snapback]87130[/snapback]
[/quote]

Yeah, win after win after win after win was just a fluke right? Give me a break, his rep is and would be just fine.

Kevin Prather

Ken Jennings
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2005, 07:23:19 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' date=\'May 30 2005, 10:16 PM\']...poor Brad Rutter must endure the humiliation of being a pathetic local host of a small-market high school quiz.
[snapback]87139[/snapback]
[/quote]

Oh, the shame of it all! ;-)
« Last Edit: May 31, 2005, 07:23:33 PM by whoserman »

passwordplus

Ken Jennings
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2005, 07:00:14 PM »
I bet KJ will have a talk show someday down the line. Heck, most Hollywood celebrities have tried that and failed, but Kenny might work out.

tvwxman

Ken Jennings
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2005, 07:53:06 PM »
[quote name=\'passwordplus\' date=\'Jun 1 2005, 06:00 PM\']I bet KJ will have a talk show someday down the line. Heck, most Hollywood celebrities have tried that and failed, but Kenny might work out.
[snapback]87413[/snapback]
[/quote]

And your reasoning, why a 31 year old former Computer Programmer from Utah would be more capable of interviewing celebrities than, say, Donny and Marie, or, Chuck Woolery, or, Gordon Elliot..... is based on what?

Pathetic.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Ken Jennings
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2005, 07:55:07 PM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' date=\'Jun 1 2005, 04:53 PM\']And your reasoning, why a 31 year old former Computer Programmer from Utah would be more capable of interviewing celebrities than, say, Donny and Marie, or, Chuck Woolery, or, Gordon Elliot..... is based on what?
[/quote]
I was gonna say that, but then it occurred to me that people have been given talk shows for less. I cite Kato Kaelin. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

passwordplus

Ken Jennings
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2005, 01:57:10 PM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' date=\'Jun 1 2005, 07:53 PM\'][quote name=\'passwordplus\' date=\'Jun 1 2005, 06:00 PM\']I bet KJ will have a talk show someday down the line. Heck, most Hollywood celebrities have tried that and failed, but Kenny might work out.
[/quote]

And your reasoning, why a 31 year old former Computer Programmer from Utah would be more capable of interviewing celebrities than, say, Donny and Marie, or, Chuck Woolery, or, Gordon Elliot..... is based on what?

Pathetic.
[snapback]87418[/snapback]
[/quote]

Thank you Chris Lemon for seeing it my way. TVwxman, you are the weakest link. GOODBYE! :-)

Monarx

Ken Jennings
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2005, 02:22:52 PM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' date=\'Jun 1 2005, 06:53 PM\'][quote name=\'passwordplus\' date=\'Jun 1 2005, 06:00 PM\']I bet KJ will have a talk show someday down the line. Heck, most Hollywood celebrities have tried that and failed, but Kenny might work out.
[/quote]

Pathetic.
[/quote]

He's had practice with Mr. Trebek.
The countdown to 100 ended awhile ago, why are you still here?

tvwxman

Ken Jennings
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2005, 05:35:32 PM »
[quote name=\'passwordplus\' date=\'Jun 9 2005, 12:57 PM\'][quote name=\'tvwxman\' date=\'Jun 1 2005, 07:53 PM\'][quote name=\'passwordplus\' date=\'Jun 1 2005, 06:00 PM\']I bet KJ will have a talk show someday down the line. Heck, most Hollywood celebrities have tried that and failed, but Kenny might work out.
[/quote]

Pathetic.
[/quote]

Thank you Chris Lemon for seeing it my way. TVwxman, you are the weakest link. GOODBYE! :-)
[snapback]88440[/snapback]
[/quote]

Okay.....now you don't even realize who's on your side, and who is making fun of you.

Who's the Weakest Link now, kid?
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

wschmrdr

Ken Jennings
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2005, 09:24:19 PM »
Talk shows are the big thing in syndication nowadays. Jenny, Oprah, Sally Jesse, Springer, etc. (Yes I realize they've been around for a while, but most of them in my opinion suck.) KenJen MAY be able to get a talk show, who knows?

inturnaround

Ken Jennings
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2005, 10:01:19 PM »
[quote name=\'wschmrdr\' date=\'Jun 9 2005, 09:24 PM\']Talk shows are the big thing in syndication nowadays. Jenny, Oprah, Sally Jesse, Springer, etc. (Yes I realize they've been around for a while, but most of them in my opinion suck.) KenJen MAY be able to get a talk show, who knows?
[snapback]88497[/snapback]
[/quote]

Of the shows you mentioned, only two of them are still in production.

Talk shows are a hit-or-miss thing. Ellen DeGeneres was lucky enough to succeed, but if someone as entertaining as Wayne Brady can fail, then anyone can. Martin Short did and so did Howie Mandel. It's extremely risky.
Joe Coughlin     
Human

uncamark

Ken Jennings
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2005, 02:59:12 PM »
[quote name=\'inturnaround\' date=\'Jun 9 2005, 09:01 PM\'][quote name=\'wschmrdr\' date=\'Jun 9 2005, 09:24 PM\']Talk shows are the big thing in syndication nowadays. Jenny, Oprah, Sally Jesse, Springer, etc. (Yes I realize they've been around for a while, but most of them in my opinion suck.) KenJen MAY be able to get a talk show, who knows?
[snapback]88497[/snapback]
[/quote]

Of the shows you mentioned, only two of them are still in production.

Talk shows are a hit-or-miss thing. Ellen DeGeneres was lucky enough to succeed, but if someone as entertaining as Wayne Brady can fail, then anyone can. Martin Short did and so did Howie Mandel. It's extremely risky.
[snapback]88499[/snapback]
[/quote]

You can be a great entertainer, but if you don't have that special something with the audience, you're dead.

Back in 1980, when she was an aspiring actress in Chicago with Crystal Gayle-length hair, Megan Mullally had the personality to be a great talk show host.  Twenty-five years, an Emmy and lots more money and a lot shorter hair later, I wonder if Megan still has it or if she has become Karen Walker in the flesh.  NBC Universal hopes so, for their sake.

clemon79

Ken Jennings
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2005, 03:59:55 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Jun 10 2005, 11:59 AM\']I wonder if Megan still has it or if she has become Karen Walker in the flesh.  NBC Universal hopes so, for their sake.
[/quote]
They're giving Mulally her own talk show? Wow. That GRATING voice. I just don't see it lasting.

(And somewhere on a short yellow bus, "John" just soiled himself. And then they told him Mulally was getting a show, and he was happy.) :)

uncamark

Ken Jennings
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2005, 04:17:26 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jun 10 2005, 02:59 PM\'][quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Jun 10 2005, 11:59 AM\']I wonder if Megan still has it or if she has become Karen Walker in the flesh.  NBC Universal hopes so, for their sake.
[/quote]
They're giving Mulally her own talk show? Wow. That GRATING voice. I just don't see it lasting.
[snapback]88599[/snapback]
[/quote]

Which is much less grating away from "Will & Grace."  It's not Meryl Streep, but she can be listenable (and she is a damn good singer when she's not innoculated with a Mariah Carey needle).

And need I remind you that Rosie O'Donnell's voice will never be confused with Susan Sarandon, but she had a pretty good career going as a talk show host for a while.

clemon79

Ken Jennings
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2005, 04:20:24 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Jun 10 2005, 01:17 PM\']Which is much less grating away from "Will & Grace."  It's not Meryl Streep, but she can be listenable (and she is a damn good singer when she's not innoculated with a Mariah Carey needle).
[/quote]
Yeah? It's pretty damned grating (when she's not singing...she does have a fine singing voice) in that M&M commercial. Is she "in character" for that?

(and I wouldn't mind "innoculating" Mariah Carey, if you know what I mean. :))
And need I remind you that Rosie O'Donnell's voice will never be confused with Susan Sarandon, but she had a pretty good career going as a talk show host for a while.
Yeah, but there's distictive, and there's grating. Rosie doesn't grate on me. Megan/"Karen" does.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2006, 04:43:11 AM by clemon79 »