Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Shows that got a revival, extra season  (Read 5582 times)

gwarman2005

Shows that got a revival, extra season
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2005, 10:08:20 PM »
(The All New) 3's A Crowd.

With all due respect to the genius of Chuck Barris..... this show sucked.  Jim Peck was the only good thing about this weak format.  THEN they revise it with Alan Thicke???  He should've stuck with writing theme songs.

MCArroyo1

« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2005, 10:11:33 PM »
How about the last season of the Bergeron Squares? In my humblest of humble opinions, if the show was going to go out, why didn't the syndicators just can it after the 02-03 season? It wouldn't have been such a bad way to go out, I think- not like the monstrosity of the final season.
A "monstrosity" seems like a bit of a stretch.  Sure, the prize figures headed south, but the game was still your basic tic-tac-toe (with the game structure arguably making it more fair).  Most of the celebs had done the show before.  So if anything, it was pretty much the same.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2005, 10:12:10 PM by MCArroyo1 »

TimK2003

« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2005, 11:22:53 PM »
Dawson's Feud of '96...

FOUR Players per team?!?!?

Dawson Monologues nearly as long as Carson's on The Tonight Show?!?!?!?

A set looking like a Crystal Ice Palace!?!?!?

'nuff said!!!

BrandonFG

« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2005, 12:51:25 AM »
[quote name=\'TimK2003\' date=\'May 31 2005, 10:22 PM\']Dawson's Feud of '96...

FOUR Players per team?!?!?

Dawson Monologues nearly as long as Carson's on The Tonight Show?!?!?!?

A set looking like a Crystal Ice Palace!?!?!?

'nuff said!!!
[snapback]87320[/snapback]
[/quote]

I'm gonna pick the nit before Zach does. Dawson Feud was two years prior.

Now off to bathe in some bleach. :-P
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

ChuckNet

« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2005, 09:38:31 PM »
A "monstrosity" seems like a bit of a stretch. Sure, the prize figures headed south, but the game was still your basic tic-tac-toe (with the game structure arguably making it more fair). Most of the celebs had done the show before. So if anything, it was pretty much the same.

I second that...the 2-out-of-3 match format really promoted faster gameplay over the old "play until time runs out" one from the first 5 seasons, and the ratings were fairly decent that final season...if the CBS O&O's hadn't already committed to The Insider (insert your own POB joke here), it might have been enough for H2 to see a 7th season.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

Ian Wallis

« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2005, 04:26:21 PM »
...if the CBS O&O's hadn't already committed to The Insider (insert your own POB joke here), it might have been enough for H2 to see a 7th season.

I'll second that!  If you go by ratings, "H2" was getting better ratings than shows like "Street Smarts", so you'd have to figure it would have been a good bet for a renewal.  But you also have to consider that probably a lot less was expected of "Street Smarts" in its primarily late night slots - and it was much cheaper to produce.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!