Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Body Language & Card Sharks  (Read 6530 times)

golden-road

Body Language & Card Sharks
« on: June 07, 2005, 01:42:07 PM »
When did the kids rule (Under $2500 = Cash, Over $2500 = Savings Bonds) come into effect?

wschmrdr

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2005, 04:57:24 PM »
I don't know if I totally understand your question. However, I am going to guess that it was simply a production policy. I don't remember any of the other G-T-owned shows had "Young People's Week", so I couldn't tell you for sure. But, that's my best guess.

The networks probably had different policies. Obviously it depends on who owned the rights and what they wished to do.

tvwxman

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2005, 05:45:40 PM »
[quote name=\'wschmrdr\' date=\'Jun 7 2005, 03:57 PM\']I don't know if I totally understand your question. However, I am going to guess that it was simply a production policy. I don't remember any of the other G-T-owned shows had "Young People's Week", so I couldn't tell you for sure. But, that's my best guess.

The networks probably had different policies. Obviously it depends on who owned the rights and what they wished to do.
[snapback]88151[/snapback]
[/quote]

If you don't know, then why are you posting? The original post called for an answer to a question that you admit you don't have.

Why don't you sit silently, read, and maybe learn something in the process?
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2005, 05:50:29 PM »
[quote name=\'wschmrdr\' date=\'Jun 7 2005, 04:57 PM\']I don't know if I totally understand your question. However, I am going to guess that it was simply a production policy. I don't remember any of the other G-T-owned shows had "Young People's Week", so I couldn't tell you for sure. But, that's my best guess.

[snapback]88151[/snapback]
[/quote]

You know, the presence of the word "when" in the question coupled with the lack of any reference to a timeframe in your response should have been a clue that you weren't telling him what he wanted to know.

NKIT

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2005, 06:07:07 PM »
Boy, you guys sure are nice.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2005, 06:26:28 PM »
[quote name=\'NKIT\' date=\'Jun 7 2005, 03:07 PM\']Boy, you guys sure are nice.
[/quote]
This was actually pretty nice compared to other acts of supreme dumbassery around here in the past.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

zachhoran

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2005, 06:50:47 PM »
[quote name=\'golden-road\' date=\'Jun 7 2005, 12:42 PM\']When did the kids rule (Under $2500 = Cash, Over $2500 = Savings Bonds) come into effect?
[snapback]88134[/snapback]
[/quote]

Both of these shows had that rule everytime they had a kids or teen week throughout their runs.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2005, 06:51:41 PM by zachhoran »

wschmrdr

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2005, 02:39:16 PM »
Wow, and I thought other places were the only times you could get flamed for trying to answering a question........

The reason I gave the answer I did is because I didn't think the rule was a question of when, but a question of what company. Usually when it comes to how to give away prize money away, a company doesn't suddenly change their mind after about 10 years of something that works. You guys don't think The Price is Right is going to in 3 years come out and just hand the contestants their prizes on the way out the door, do you? They'll stick with the vouchers or 90-day delivery system, because it works.

This could have been a network's choice, a company's choice, or a correlation of both.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2005, 03:05:27 PM »
[quote name=\'wschmrdr\' date=\'Jun 8 2005, 11:39 AM\']Wow, and I thought other places were the only times you could get flamed for trying to answering a question........

The reason I gave the answer I did is because I didn't think the rule was a question of when, but a question of what company.

This could have been a network's choice, a company's choice, or a correlation of both.
[/quote]
The point is, you THOUGHT, you didn't KNOW. That's why you got flamed.

If someone's asking for information like that, they aren't looking for opinions, they're looking for facts. So popping up and saying "I think it works like this" is worthless. The OP is perfectly capable of thinking it works one way or the other. What they want is to KNOW how it ACTUALLY worked.

There is a time for conjecture around here, and this wasn't one of them. That's all. Learn from it and you'll be better off for next time. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2005, 03:54:33 PM »
[quote name=\'NKIT\' date=\'Jun 7 2005, 06:07 PM\']Boy, you guys sure are nice.
[snapback]88163[/snapback]
[/quote]

You want nice? Go to FLASHgames. This is a board where people actually give people deserved ridicule for stupid answers or opinions. Read the archives.

EDIT: And before anyone says anything, yes, I know the site is still down over at FG.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2005, 03:56:14 PM by PYLdude »
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

jmangin

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2005, 05:34:25 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jun 7 2005, 06:26 PM\']acts of supreme dumbassery
[snapback]88168[/snapback]
[/quote]

I'm adding that phrase to my company's list of "Valid reasons to terminate someone."
« Last Edit: June 08, 2005, 05:35:04 PM by jmangin »

NKIT

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2005, 05:55:25 PM »
[quote name=\'PYLdude\' date=\'Jun 8 2005, 03:54 PM\']You want nice? Go to FLASHgames. This is a board where people actually give people deserved ridicule for stupid answers or opinions. Read the archives.
[/quote]
Yes, I want nice.  You got a problem with that?  Is there a reason you can't be polite and respectful to people?  Or do you just get off by hiding behind a computer and being a jerk?

Oh, did I just ridicule you?  My apologies.

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2005, 06:34:57 PM »
[quote name=\'NKIT\' date=\'Jun 8 2005, 05:55 PM\']Yes, I want nice.  You got a problem with that?[/quote]

If you're being a dumbass, yes.

[quote name=\'NKIT\' date=\'Jun 8 2005, 05:55 PM\']Oh, did I just ridicule you?  My apologies.[/quote]

Bud, if you think that qualifies as "ridiculing someone," you obviously haven't been hanging around Lemon long enough.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2005, 10:37:57 PM »
[quote name=\'NKIT\' date=\'Jun 8 2005, 05:55 PM\']Yes, I want nice.  You got a problem with that?  Is there a reason you can't be polite and respectful to people?  Or do you just get off by hiding behind a computer and being a jerk?

Oh, did I just ridicule you?  My apologies.
[snapback]88325[/snapback]
[/quote]

Listen, dude, if you're gonna be that way, you're not gonna last around here. Yes, we try to be civil, but if there's someone out there acting like an ass clown, at least one of us will make him look like the moron he is.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

Don Howard

« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2005, 11:10:28 PM »
[quote name=\'NKIT\' date=\'Jun 8 2005, 04:55 PM\']Yes, I want nice.  You got a problem with that?  Is there a reason you can't be polite and respectful to people?  Or do you just get off by hiding behind a computer and being a jerk?
[snapback]88325[/snapback]
[/quote]
You just got here and you're starting up? Very bad cabaret, young master. Bill, who is Revlon's next guest?
BACK TO TOPIC: What happened if a Young Person won exactly $2500?
« Last Edit: June 08, 2005, 11:11:11 PM by Don Howard »