Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Extreme Dodgeball Info  (Read 7321 times)

itiparanoid13

Extreme Dodgeball Info
« on: June 14, 2005, 09:37:19 PM »
As with every show now, the 6 teams, including the L.A. Armed Response and NYC Bling (The only 2 returning teams), each have celebrity captains, if you want to call them celebrities.  Some are athletes also.  Mario Lopez and Eagles Linebacker Jeremiah Trotter are two of the six.  $170,000 is what is up for grabs for all the teams, so GSN is shelling out over $125,000 more this season.  New set, updated rules which involve four 6 minute quarters, Rip Torn joins the cast, and more.  Dwyer and Selwyn are returning.  All the info is at Buzzer in the link in my sig.

wschmrdr

Extreme Dodgeball Info
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2005, 01:29:25 AM »
Sure enough, they're crapping up a show that I actually enjoyed watching......... I must be a jinx. :(

Whenever you add celebrities to a show to try to boost the ratings, you end up doing the exact opposite. Hasn't GSN gotten the hint from basically every single other program in GS history?!

GS Warehouse

Extreme Dodgeball Info
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2005, 11:45:44 AM »
Doo do, doo do, doo do, doo do, doo do, doo do, doo do, doo do, doo do...

(ObGS: Name that tune!)

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Extreme Dodgeball Info
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2005, 11:55:35 AM »
[quote name=\'wschmrdr\' date=\'Jun 14 2005, 10:29 PM\']Sure enough, they're crapping up a show that I actually enjoyed watching......... I must be a jinx. :(
[snapback]89098[/snapback]
[/quote]

No, you're just incredibly closed-minded.  Why not give the show a chance before dumping on it?  This might be a one-season deal...what was the grand prize last year? I thought it was $25,000 to the winners, nothing to the losers.

I still find it entertaining, in a "Saturday night, nothing else on" sort of way.  As long as Bil Dwyer is drawing a check and getting face time, I'm happy.
Travis L. Eberle

uncamark

Extreme Dodgeball Info
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2005, 12:57:00 PM »
[quote name=\'TLEberle\' date=\'Jun 15 2005, 10:55 AM\'][quote name=\'wschmrdr\' date=\'Jun 14 2005, 10:29 PM\']Sure enough, they're crapping up a show that I actually enjoyed watching......... I must be a jinx. :(
[snapback]89098[/snapback]
[/quote]

No, you're just incredibly closed-minded.  Why not give the show a chance before dumping on it?  This might be a one-season deal...what was the grand prize last year? I thought it was $25,000 to the winners, nothing to the losers.

I still find it entertaining, in a "Saturday night, nothing else on" sort of way.  As long as Bil Dwyer is drawing a check and getting face time, I'm happy.
[snapback]89142[/snapback]
[/quote]

And personally, I would watch Rip Torn read from the phone book, so no complaints here.  :)

tvwxman

Extreme Dodgeball Info
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2005, 01:16:29 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Jun 15 2005, 11:57 AM\']

And personally, I would watch Rip Torn read from the phone book, so no complaints here.  :)
[snapback]89154[/snapback]
[/quote]

agreed...but I was surprised he did the promos for this, let alone join the 'cast'...

I'm not saying it's beneath him, but it is a far cry from "Larry Sanders"
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

Jimmy Owen

Extreme Dodgeball Info
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2005, 01:50:47 PM »
Rip Torn?  I was hoping for Rip Taylor.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

wschmrdr

Extreme Dodgeball Info
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2005, 07:58:48 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Jun 15 2005, 01:50 PM\']Rip Torn?  I was hoping for Rip Taylor.
[snapback]89167[/snapback]
[/quote]

If we had Rip Taylor, the dodgeballs would be replaced with confetti. Whoever gets doused is out. :)

I can't stand celebrity shows. I always find that it's just the producers getting on their knees and pleading "Please game show supremes, give me a higher rating!" I always thought the purpose of a game show was where any ol' dope could walk into the studio and win a fortune in cash or prizes. Is this not the Game Show Network???

Steve Gavazzi

Extreme Dodgeball Info
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2005, 08:07:07 PM »
[quote name=\'wschmrdr\' date=\'Jun 15 2005, 07:58 PM\']Is this not the Game Show Network???
[snapback]89224[/snapback]
[/quote]

No, not technically.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Extreme Dodgeball Info
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2005, 09:07:41 PM »
[quote name=\'wschmrdr\' date=\'Jun 15 2005, 04:58 PM\']Is this not the Game Show Network???
[/quote]
No. It's GSN: The Network For Games. And last I looked, Dodgeball was a game.

The sooner you get it through your head that it's not a dedicated game-show channel anymore, the better off you will be.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Fedya

Extreme Dodgeball Info
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2005, 10:02:54 PM »
[quote name=\'wschmrdr\' date=\'Jun 15 2005, 06:58 PM\']I can't stand celebrity shows.
[/quote]
According to the original poster, it's celebrity captains, whatever that means.  (I haven't watched one episode of the show.)  How is this different from the celebrity captains on, say,  Go?
-- Ted Schuerzinger, now blogging at <a href=\"http://justacineast.blogspot.com/\" target=\"_blank\">http://justacineast.blogspot.com/[/url]

No Fark slashes were harmed in the making of this post

Jimmy Owen

Extreme Dodgeball Info
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2005, 10:38:28 PM »
[quote name=\'Fedya\' date=\'Jun 15 2005, 09:02 PM\'][quote name=\'wschmrdr\' date=\'Jun 15 2005, 06:58 PM\']I can't stand celebrity shows.
[/quote]
According to the original poster, it's celebrity captains, whatever that means.  (I haven't watched one episode of the show.)  How is this different from the celebrity captains on, say,  Go?
[snapback]89237[/snapback]
[/quote]

Well, on "Go," the celebrities didn't throw balls at high speeds at the opposing team. :).  With the exception of Mario Lopez and Hal Sparks, these are sports figures and not people the average viewer would know at first glance.  This whole show is supposed to be a spoof of televised sports anyway so I'm not too shook up about it.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

davewalls

Extreme Dodgeball Info
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2005, 12:54:06 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Jun 15 2005, 11:57 AM\']
And personally, I would watch Rip Torn read from the phone book, so no complaints here.  :)
[snapback]89154[/snapback]
[/quote]

Agreed. My only wish was that Rip was still in character from "Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story" as Patches O'Houlihan. Now *that* would have been a little over the top.

Now please, Jeremiah Trotter (of the Philadelphia Eagles), DON'T GET INJURED!!!
Dave Walls

http://www.davewalls.net

(insert witty comment about self here)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Extreme Dodgeball Info
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2005, 02:04:41 PM »
[quote name=\'davewalls\' date=\'Jun 17 2005, 09:54 AM\']Agreed. My only wish was that Rip was still in character from "Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story" as Patches O'Houlihan. Now *that* would have been a little over the top.
[/quote]
I'd pay good money to watch him huck wrenches at the players, too.

"If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball!"
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

wschmrdr

Extreme Dodgeball Info
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2005, 02:12:14 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jun 17 2005, 02:04 PM\'][quote name=\'davewalls\' date=\'Jun 17 2005, 09:54 AM\']Agreed. My only wish was that Rip was still in character from "Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story" as Patches O'Houlihan. Now *that* would have been a little over the top.
[/quote]
I'd pay good money to watch him huck wrenches at the players, too.

"If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball!"
[snapback]89357[/snapback]
[/quote]

That was a cool movie.

I think my reasoning for not looking highly to this is probably because I think it's being shown on the wrong network. To me, Extreme Dodgeball seems more like ESPN material than it does for a network about game shows. It definitely is entertaining, none the less.