Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Wheelmobile Coming to Town Today  (Read 6122 times)

Fedya

Wheelmobile Coming to Town Today
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2005, 10:41:14 PM »
[quote name=\'dzinkin\' date=\'Jun 20 2005, 08:12 PM\'][quote name=\'Millionaire81\' date=\'Jun 20 2005, 09:09 PM\']Man, I guess I never realized what a Gestapo and defenders of the forum we have here.
[snapback]89565[/snapback]
[/quote]
W00t!  Godwin's Law!  You lose, and everyone else wins!
[snapback]89567[/snapback]
[/quote]
Think we should give him some Lee Press-On Nails as a parting gift?  ;-)
-- Ted Schuerzinger, now blogging at <a href=\"http://justacineast.blogspot.com/\" target=\"_blank\">http://justacineast.blogspot.com/[/url]

No Fark slashes were harmed in the making of this post

DrJWJustice

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2005, 11:29:08 PM »
[quote name=\'Millionaire81\' date=\'Jun 20 2005, 08:09 PM\']Man, I guess I never realized what a Gestapo and defenders of the forum we have here.  I guess I should've thought twice before making such a stupid statement of opinion.  I now understand any free thought will be quashed swiftly unless approved by a majority of the board.

Thank you all for showing me light and the error of my ways.  I have been healed!
[snapback]89565[/snapback]
[/quote]

I give Scarecrow awards to those who post without thinking (along the lines of the Scarecrow in The Wizard of Oz , who wanted a brain, for those who are new here).  This post cited above is undoubtedly one of the most thoughtless I've ever seen.  I don't argue with the poster's right to think that the mods don't allow a lot of debate in here.  I happen to thoroughly disagree with that opinion, but that's not the reason for this particular Scarecrow.  

My problem is comparing members of this forum, mods or not, to the Gestapo, the most brutal supporters of one of the most brutal regimes in the history of human civilization.  Let's not forget that the Gestapo were DIRECTLY resposible for the deaths of over 6,000,000 people, at least two thirds of whom were Jewish.  One of our mods is -- pay attention, class -- Jewish.  The Gestapo didn't herd people into concentration camps and the gas chambers simply for dissenting against Hitler's regime.  Some were, as history records, but the vast majority of those murdered in the Holocaust died simply because of their ancestry and/or their religious beliefs.  The 'threat' they posed was one conjured only in the twisted minds of Hitler and his cronies.  The members of this forum are hardly genocidal over the opinion of one game show forum poster. This is not even CLOSE -- lightyears away, in fact, from being significant compared to the incomparable crimes that the Nazi regime committed against the human race.

Calling ANYONE a member of the Gestapo shows (1) a total ignorance of history, or (2) a total disregard for who these monsters were.  Number one,  I can forgive to a point -- but it also bears remembering that it's better to stay quiet and look like a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.  Number two is inexcusable, and I call upon Millionaire81 to apologize to the group in general for his insensitivity and to the mods and their supporters in particular for an inexcusable, inappropriate, and frankly, inaccurate labeling.

I've given Scarecrows in the past to give the rest of us a laugh at the expense of those who should have thought before they posted.  This Scarecrow Award is not meant to draw even a smirk. Millionaire81, you can consider this a well-earned badge of shame, because I think it's safe to say that the rest of us who do know who the Gestapo were consider your poor choice of words shameful in your particular case.

Jeff Wm. (J.W.) Justice, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Political Science
« Last Edit: June 21, 2005, 12:20:07 AM by DrJWJustice »

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2005, 12:11:39 AM »
[quote name=\'Millionaire81\' date=\'Jun 20 2005, 08:09 PM\']I should've thought
[/quote]
Yes, you should have.  That was the biggest load of chicken feed I've read since Irismason joined the boards.

See JW's post.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

DrJWJustice

« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2005, 12:44:47 AM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' date=\'Jun 20 2005, 03:46 AM\']All that complaining, and you weren't even elgible to be a contestant in the first place? Then why are you dissapointed that you weren't picked? And, on top of that, you won ALL of the prizes offered to the thousands that showed up?

I've heard of PJTP, but I think Mill81 has just coined WJTW.
[snapback]89480[/snapback]
[/quote]

For once, I agree with you.

DrJWJustice

« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2005, 01:08:49 AM »
[quote name=\'Millionaire81\' date=\'Jun 21 2005, 12:01 AM\']I don't even know why I respond to these posts.  All they have become are senseless attacks, even going so far as turning into a racial debate.  As for the use of the Gestapo comment, I didn't say it to offend anyone and for you to insinuate that it was to incite racial hatred is just plain stupid.
[snapback]89607[/snapback]
[/quote]
No, you still do not get the point.  Let me explain it to you in plain English that even you can understand.  You DO NOT compare anyone -- ANYONE -- to a group whose behavior is racist.  You clearly know who the Gestapo were, by your post above, which puts you into Category 2 of my previous post.  There can be no excuse for what you did.  It was wrong to do, no matter what your intentions were.

Now do you get it?  If not, I speak 11 other languages.  I'd be happy to translate the above into any one of them, if that would help.  And no, Moron, Idiot, and Ignoramus are not among the other 11.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2005, 01:47:39 AM by DrJWJustice »

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2005, 01:14:56 AM »
[quote name=\'Millionaire81\' date=\'Jun 21 2005, 12:01 AM\']As for the use of the Gestapo comment, I didn't say it to offend anyone and for you to insinuate that it was to incite racial hatred is just plain stupid.
[/quote]
Find me one alternative definition of Gestapo.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2005, 03:09:18 AM »
With the exception of the guys at "Classic Concentration," we're not curing cancer.
You remember that reference? Jeeminy Crismas, it's bad enough that I do. Remind me never to sleep with you. God knows what you'd pick up if I talk in my sleep.

If this Gestapo discussion goes on much longer, I'll have to lock up this thread in the Safe Crackers vault.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2005, 03:13:05 AM by chris319 »

mystery7

« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2005, 12:53:41 PM »
And if I ever read another post about ANY two of you sleeping together, I'll throw myself under the Big Wheel.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2005, 12:53:57 PM by mystery7 »

Don Howard

« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2005, 01:19:52 PM »
[quote name=\'Millionaire81\' date=\'Jun 21 2005, 12:01 AM\']I don't even know why I respond to these posts.
[snapback]89607[/snapback]
[/quote]
That makes a couple of hundred of us. Perhaps 'twood be best if you lurkest for the nonce before thou goest to the set of The $64,000 Challenge, which has been getting crowded lately.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2005, 01:20:23 PM by Don Howard »