Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Question about WOF reruns  (Read 6160 times)

passwordplus

Question about WOF reruns
« on: June 21, 2005, 05:45:50 PM »
Now I know you can't believe everything you read, but, on the gsn boards, somebody said Pat Sajak will not allow GSN to rerun WOF. So, is this why GSN pulled the plug on it, or just the fact they didn't wanna put $$$ into getting new episodes?

It is interesting that Jeopardy is still there and with newer shows(their counterpart)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2005, 06:12:17 PM »
[quote name=\'passwordplus\' date=\'Jun 21 2005, 02:45 PM\']Now I know you can't believe everything you read, but on the gsn boards,
[/quote]
Ladies and gentlemen, a nice round of applause for the Second Coming Of Adam Kleist!
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

aaron sica

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2005, 06:22:41 PM »
If he has a bowling buddy, I'm cowering in the corner.......

passwordplus

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2005, 03:48:08 PM »
Nah sorry, I don't bowl. Haven't in years actually. Answer to question is....????

Chelsea Thrasher

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2005, 04:04:23 PM »
[quote name=\'passwordplus\' date=\'Jun 22 2005, 02:48 PM\']Nah sorry, I don't bowl. Haven't in years actually.
[snapback]89755[/snapback]
[/quote]

Game.  Set.  Whoosh.

Don Howard

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2005, 05:13:30 PM »
Emmons left Chain.
Who was the somebody and what was his or her source?
But seriously, I heard in the next stall while in the restroom that Art Fleming's spirit was contacted during a seance and The Ghost Of Art declared that he didn't want the 1978-79 miniseason of Jeopardy! shown on GSN. So they do have access to it. They just don't have the rights because of the wishes of the poltergeist.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2005, 05:17:51 PM by Don Howard »

clemon79

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2005, 05:19:52 PM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Jun 22 2005, 02:13 PM\']But seriously, I heard in the next stall while in the restroom that Art Fleming's spirit was contacted during a seance
[/quote]
Actually, that was me. Musta been the gazpacho. :)

koolguy105

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2005, 06:05:00 PM »
I was the one who posted that piece of information on the GSN message boards. I remember reading on a message board somewhere shortly after Wheel was taken off GSN that the shows were taken off at the request of Pat. I had read that it was because he was upset that he had aged so much throughout years compared to Vanna and he does not want the older shows to air because of this. Personally, I don't believe this is the reason but this was just I heard. I suspect Wheel was taken off because GSN lost the rights to the show.

clemon79

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2005, 06:48:14 PM »
[quote name=\'koolguy105\' date=\'Jun 22 2005, 03:05 PM\'][Unfounded rumor snipped.]
[/quote]
Clearly you are unclear on the concept of Not Spreading Unfounded Rumors.

dzinkin

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2005, 07:16:29 PM »
Since a reminder clearly is in order, I refer everyone now to Eligibility Requirement #7, as posted here.  Please pay particular notice to the second half of said requirement.

7. False or Misleading Information

Posting information which, in the determination of the Executive Producers, is posted with the deliberate intent on the part of the poster to deceive or mislead readers, will be considered grounds for disciplinary action. Posting inaccurate information with deliberate disregard for the credibility of the source of such information will also be considered grounds for disciplinary action.
And for those of you wondering what happens if you choose not to follow said requirement, I suggest that you read this thread.  The subject of the thread later had his posting privileges revoked permanently for continuing to violate said rule.

14gameshows

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2005, 09:32:55 AM »
I guess I might as well put this in this thread rather than start a new one.

A few days ago I was thinking about the rerun value of certain game shows and WOF came into mind.  For a show that has been no.1 in syndication for a lot of years, how come GSN hasn't capitalized on the success of this show.  For example, GSN can promote "classic episodes" of Wheel on the first-run episodes like they did when promoting "the old Game Show Network" during the closing credits of Wheel and Jeopardy! I mean, promoting a network on the no. 1 & 2 shows in syndication should bring the exposure that GSN needs.  Don't you think?

cmjb13

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2005, 09:52:40 AM »
[quote name=\'14gameshows\' date=\'Jun 23 2005, 09:32 AM\']I guess I might as well put this in this thread rather than start a new one.

A few days ago I was thinking about the rerun value of certain game shows and WOF came into mind.  For a show that has been no.1 in syndication for a lot of years, how come GSN hasn't capitalized on the success of this show.  For example, GSN can promote "classic episodes" of Wheel on the first-run episodes like they did when promoting "the old Game Show Network" during the closing credits of Wheel and Jeopardy! I mean, promoting a network on the no. 1 & 2 shows in syndication should bring the exposure that GSN needs.  Don't you think?
[snapback]89803[/snapback]
[/quote]
Having seen those Game Show Network bumpers on GSN J! reruns (sometimes they would cut to promos before you would see it), they seem to be plugging the network rather than just a specific show with their "All Play, All Day" motto at the time. The network was fairly new at the time (3-4 years old), so a little synergy couldn't hurt.

2 problems with promoting GSN Wheel reuns on first run Wheel:

1. For some, 1988 might not be "classic" enough. Plus some may see these "classic" shows as better than current first run shows.

2. They would rerun the season too many times.

Did they do GSN bumpers on Wheel as well?
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

uncamark

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2005, 12:10:35 PM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Jun 23 2005, 08:52 AM\']Did they do GSN bumpers on Wheel as well?
[snapback]89804[/snapback]
[/quote]

Yes, they did.

14gameshows

« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2005, 12:41:35 PM »
I thought I'd just ask cuz the Wheel Weekend show pulls in good numbers and those shows are from the season before.  I think there's a market for this that GSN hasn't bothered to tap into but it will take cooperation from GSN's part to market this not just get the least of ONLY one season and rerun it to death and from SONY's part to even allow GSN even bother make negotiations to get the show on the air again...on GSN.

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2005, 01:11:25 PM »
WOF is on in just about every television market every night.  I'd rather GSN show something that isn't on other channels.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.