Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Question about WOF reruns  (Read 6156 times)

passwordplus

Question about WOF reruns
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2005, 05:33:54 PM »
Well, then Jimmy, I guess Jeopardy will be pulled from the next schedule, right?

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2005, 05:37:53 PM »
[quote name=\'passwordplus\' date=\'Jun 23 2005, 04:33 PM\']Well, then Jimmy, I guess Jeopardy will be pulled from the next schedule, right?
[snapback]89879[/snapback]
[/quote]

I can't say that it will, but it I think it should be.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

beatlefreak84

« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2005, 10:35:22 PM »
To be quite honest, it's hard to imagine any sort of channel which shows classic game shows not wanting to air the #1 game show in syndication history, which so many people enjoy.  I, for one, loved watching classic "Wheel" episodes on GSN before they reran that 1989 season ad nauseum.  It's fun to see how Pat and Vanna looked in their early years, how the game has progressed since, and, when they used to show it, the shopping round.  It's also a hoot to see people spin $750 and hear the crowd go wild!  :)

When I talk about GSN with my friends who haven't seen it and I ask them what game shows they think should be on it, the first three they say are, "The Price is Right," "Wheel of Fortune," and "Jeopardy!"  These were the first three that came to my mind as well before I started watching GSN, and, even now, it's hard to imagine GSN without WOF on it.  Long story short:  I think that it would be in GSN's interest to air some classic WOF episodes again; it's not only one of the most popular game shows EVER, but it's usually among the first ones most people think of when listing classic game shows.  Let's be honest:  What makes more sense to air, WOF or some show which barely lasted 13 weeks with some guy no one knows but us (don't get me wrong, though; I love Bill Rafferty and BB '87!)?

And, to Jimmy, since you don't want to see game shows that are on other channels, I guess I can safely rule you out in terms of wanting classic TPIR episodes returning to GSN, right?  :)

Anthony
You have da Arm-ee and da Leg-ee!

Temptation Dollars:  the only accepted currency for Lots of Love™

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2005, 10:39:05 PM »
Well, as long as TPIR is on CBS, it really doesn't need to be on GSN.  What GSN needs is exclusive game show programming.

Don Howard

« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2005, 11:02:02 PM »
[quote name=\'beatlefreak84\' date=\'Jun 23 2005, 09:35 PM\']What makes more sense to air, WOF or some show which barely lasted 13 weeks with some guy no one knows but us
[snapback]89913[/snapback]
[/quote]
You mean Chain Reaction: The Emmons Weeks?

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2005, 11:08:16 PM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Jun 23 2005, 10:02 PM\'][quote name=\'beatlefreak84\' date=\'Jun 23 2005, 09:35 PM\']What makes more sense to air, WOF or some show which barely lasted 13 weeks with some guy no one knows but us
[/quote]
[snapback]89919[/snapback]
[/quote]

What does it say about a show when even Rod Charlebois won't appear on camera?

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2005, 11:22:43 PM »
[quote name=\'beatlefreak84\' date=\'Jun 23 2005, 07:35 PM\']I think that it would be in GSN's interest to air some classic WOF episodes again; it's not only one of the most popular game shows EVER, but it's usually among the first ones most people think of when listing classic game shows.
[/quote]
Just because most people can't NAME five game shows is no reason to pander to a crappy one.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Don Howard

« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2005, 11:33:52 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Jun 23 2005, 10:08 PM\'][quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Jun 23 2005, 10:02 PM\'][quote name=\'beatlefreak84\' date=\'Jun 23 2005, 09:35 PM\']What makes more sense to air, WOF or some show which barely lasted 13 weeks with some guy no one knows but us
[/quote]
[snapback]89919[/snapback]
[/quote]
What does it say about a show when even Rod Charlebois won't appear on camera?
[snapback]89921[/snapback]
[/quote]
Blake didn't need Rod to bounce things off of. He's a master of the game and can carry the load alone. Geoff, however, needed help and the guy with the derby wasn't available.

uncamark

« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2005, 07:12:57 PM »
If you're still going to focus on game shows, it doesn't hurt for the channel that's focused on game shows to air the most well-known titles in the genre--and that does include "Wheel" and "J!"

On the other hand, since said channel is trying to be known as more than just a game show channel, and considering the limitations on access to the shows currently in place, perhaps the fact that "Wheel" isn't on GSN's current schedule isn't such a bad thing.