Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Aussie TPiR change  (Read 5681 times)

ChuckNet

Aussie TPiR change
« on: June 21, 2005, 10:27:32 PM »
With the long-awaited premiere of Temptation on Nine, TPiR (which had expanded to an hour last yr, replacing an extremely short-lived [2 wks!] daily version of WWtBaM) has been scaled back to its former length of a half-hr. However, they've cut the number of pricing games per show to only *2* in the process, which I think is a first for any version of the show (albeit not a good one).

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

SamJ93

Aussie TPiR change
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2005, 10:58:42 PM »
I assume the crazy $500K+ beach condo & sports car showcases they did are gone as well...

I also assume that this is in response to demands for increased commercial time, same as US TPiR faces.  However, like Chuck I'm not quite sure that it's the best response.  4 pricing games (2 per half, if the US version were to adopt the same change), plus only 2 contestants at each Big Wheel seems like it would make the show feel...empty.  Then again, most TV programming nowadays is.

--Sam
It's a well-known fact that Lincoln loved mayonnaise!

DrJWJustice

Aussie TPiR change
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2005, 12:14:56 AM »
[quote name=\'ChuckNet\' date=\'Jun 21 2005, 09:27 PM\']With the long-awaited premiere of Temptation on Nine, TPiR (which had expanded to an hour last yr, replacing an extremely short-lived [2 wks!] daily version of WWtBaM) has been scaled back to its former length of a half-hr. However, they've cut the number of pricing games per show to only *2* in the process, which I think is a first for any version of the show (albeit not a good one).

[/quote]
I'd be very interested to see what this does to the show's ratings down under.  Speaking of which, down under is probably where those ratings will go, just hedging a bet.

JIANORAN

Aussie TPiR change
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2005, 01:42:02 AM »
Do you know who composed the theme and cues to the show?, if so post here.

Steve Gavazzi

Aussie TPiR change
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2005, 08:09:18 AM »
[quote name=\'JIANORAN\' date=\'Jun 22 2005, 01:42 AM\']Do you know who composed the theme and cues to the show?, if so post here.
[snapback]89725[/snapback]
[/quote]

Or better yet, don't, 'cause this doesn't have a damn thing to do with the thread.

urbanpreppie05

Aussie TPiR change
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2005, 09:21:03 AM »
I had heard through the grapevine that the 500K-600K showcases were gone, however the showcases were still between 90-100K, with a cash prize equal to the showacase "tempting" the player like they were before.

But, I could be wrong.

As for ratings, it's not the best change, but it couldve been worse. I think the show may be ok after this.
insert signature here

passwordplus

Aussie TPiR change
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2005, 05:39:15 PM »
Is "Fremangle" affiliated with the Aussie TPIR(any way,shape or form). It sure sounds like it. SHHHHHH, don't give 'em any ideas for botching the US version, leave it the hell alone!!!

beatlefreak84

Aussie TPiR change
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2005, 10:19:46 PM »
Is "Fremangle" affiliated with the Aussie TPIR(any way,shape or form). It sure sounds like it. SHHHHHH, don't give 'em any ideas for botching the US version, leave it the hell alone!!!

According to Fremangle's website, yes, they are affiliated with the Australian version "in some way, shape, or form," as you put it.  They're probably not as involved with it as the version here or Bruce's version in Britain, but, if they own the format rights to it, it's a pretty safe bet they have at least some hand in any version of the show.

And, as far as Fremangle doing as their name suggests to TPIR, it certainly won't happen as long as Bob's around.  Not only does he have a lot of stake in the show and its direction, but they haven't made him change anything to-date that's really significant, except for some minor set changes.  Heck; they still let him keep doing the animal plugs, which I thought they would've forced him to stop a long time ago!

Even when he goes, though, I think there is something different about TPIR than the other shows Fremangle has done its namesake with:  The shows that immediately come to mind, like MG '98, CS '01, etc. were all off the air when Fremangle started as Pearson Television; as a result, they probably looked at the older versions of the shows and thought how they could update them to attract the youth.  TPIR, however, already has attracted the youth in droves (like myself!), and they have seen that the show and the way it's always been run works and is extremely popular among everyone, especially the youth.  Thus, I really don't see any major changes when Bob finally either leaves, or, God forbid, dies.

Don't expect a host just like Bob, though, but also don't expect a host like Chris Wylde, either; I'm going to trust Fremantle (the first time I used their real name!) on this one and believe that TPIR will be largely left alone when Bob leaves.

Anthony
You have da Arm-ee and da Leg-ee!

Temptation Dollars:  the only accepted currency for Lots of Love™

remlap

Aussie TPiR change
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2005, 07:14:35 AM »
Freemantle owns Grundy who im sure still produces Aussie TPiR its been over a few months since ive been able to watch Oz TPiR.

Ive known about this for sometime now they moved it back to half hour slot though I posted about it on Golden-road about a month back.

It was scheduled to be on at 5pm in some markets and 5.30 in others, but im not sure how that worked out since its been network wide promotion at 5.30 and Seinfield repeats at 5pm

Funny thing is the show TPiR is trying to beat Deal or no deal on Seven Network replaced TPiR half hour show in New Zealand on Prime even though Nine Network owns 1/2 of Prime and their logo is inspired by Nine Network.

Edit just watched a clip of a loverly chap who makes toys for the tsunami victims and Larry gives him $1000 to buy toys and does a speach about Nine, and Grundy.

Edit 2nd time ive just remebered, Between 3rd and 4th rehash of the show in Australia im sure they told Larry the show would be coming back in some form again, he spent time in LA following US Gameshow hosts around including Bob Barker, so its shows that either Larry or the whole crew try to stick to shows format close as possible.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2005, 07:40:44 AM by remlap »

Jimmy Owen

Aussie TPiR change
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2005, 11:15:20 AM »
Don't you find it odd that on fremantle's web page about TPIR Bob Barker is mentioned in the copy but the photo is of Bruce Forsyth (who isn't mentioned in the copy)?
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

remlap

Aussie TPiR change
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2005, 11:27:49 AM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Jun 24 2005, 04:15 PM\']Don't you find it odd that on fremantle's web page about TPIR Bob Barker is mentioned in the copy but the photo is of Bruce Forsyth (who isn't mentioned in the copy)?
[snapback]89963[/snapback]
[/quote]

Maybe its exactly that, they wanted Bruce to me mentioned in some way or form, Im thinking the site wasnt designed in the US more than likely here in the UK and was given a few stock photos and chose that one to use.

passwordplus

Aussie TPiR change
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2005, 02:09:47 PM »
Suprised at your signature stating to get TPIR on UK TV. I thought (to hear Bob tell it) that his version was seen in many countries and on Armed Forces TV. That is a trip for sure.

remlap

Aussie TPiR change
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2005, 02:24:23 PM »
[quote name=\'passwordplus\' date=\'Jul 2 2005, 07:09 PM\']Suprised at your signature stating to get TPIR on UK TV. I thought (to hear Bob tell it) that his version was seen in many countries and on Armed Forces TV. That is a trip for sure.
[snapback]90649[/snapback]
[/quote]

He is on neither UK tv or Armed Forces TV any more, Armed Forces Network tries to have no commerical content since they get thier shows for little to no cost so and so TPiR isnt shown.

TPiR on UK tv was shown here for a short while but couldnt manage the editing to fit with  the UK Commerical tv rules, I just did it as a joke one day and never bothered to remove the link.

Also back on topic

Aussie TPiR has offically been canned read more here

JIANORAN

Aussie TPiR change
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2005, 06:33:14 PM »
If the price is right needs to be canceled...........

Of course Danielle Aitken, Kathy Lloyd, Kimberly, Samantha Steele, Sarita Stella we'll be moved to Nine Networks other Game Show Temptation., and yes get rid of that male model from temptation and replace it with 2 more female models, that's better.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2005, 01:32:21 PM by JIANORAN »

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Aussie TPiR change
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2005, 06:46:34 PM »
[quote name=\'JIANORAN\' date=\'Jul 2 2005, 03:33 PM\']<Unfounded, idiotic, and utterly unverified rumor snipped.>
[/quote]
Please, can we get rid of this idiot?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe