Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Lingo season 4 newsflash  (Read 10184 times)

CaseyAbell

Lingo season 4 newsflash
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2005, 09:23:48 AM »
GSN's own press release is here. It calls Shandi a "great, fresh dollop of fun." I'm all for great, fresh dollops. But then I'm part of the creepy old guy demo.

I always got a kick out of the kvetching over the addition of a co-host on Lingo. That addition didn't affect the gameplay at all. It hardly affected anything at all because Stacey was on-camera so little. Chuck had some fun (innocent, I presume) with Stacey, and she smoothed out a few transitions and some bookkeeping Woolery would rather not bother with. But otherwise she was just an occasional glimpse of eye candy. Hardly worth discussing, though many managed the feat.

Sounds like the rules haven't changed at all, except for the 10K top prize. I do hope they keep the lengthened first round from the third season (five or six puzzles). That helps keep the scores closer.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2005, 02:20:16 PM by CaseyAbell »

uncamark

Lingo season 4 newsflash
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2005, 07:51:12 PM »
And what I said back then about Icey was this--would you rather see some bald-headed stagehand give Graham his cards or Icey?  I thought so.  (Well, I guess Miss Pickwick could've been Graham's assistant, but still...)

Yeah, they're eye candy and probably unnecessary, but it doesn't hurt the show any, in my opinion.  At least I'll hold that opinion until Aug. 1.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Lingo season 4 newsflash
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2005, 08:30:00 PM »
[quote name=\'CaseyAbell\' date=\'Jun 24 2005, 08:23 AM\'] Chuck had some fun (innocent, I presume) with Stacey, and she smoothed out a few transitions and some bookkeeping Woolery would rather not bother with. But otherwise she was just an occasional glimpse of eye candy. Hardly worth discussing, though many managed the feat.
[/quote]
Not worth discussing, because it happens to be an opinion you don't agree with?  Please.
And what is this "smoothing of transitions" and "bookkeeping" you speak of?
--Mark
Phil 4:13

melman1

Lingo season 4 newsflash
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2005, 11:45:44 PM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' date=\'Jun 27 2005, 05:30 PM\']Not worth discussing, because it happens to be an opinion you don't agree with? 
[/quote]Come come now... you know that Mr. Abell can't disagree with someone without also making a gratuitous personal slam.  Y'oughta be used to it by now.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2005, 11:46:26 PM by melman1 »
melman1, "some sort of God on this message board" - PYLdude, 7/9/06.

CaseyAbell

Lingo season 4 newsflash
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2005, 09:33:16 AM »
Nothing like making a gratuitous personal slam...when you're denouncing somebody else for making gratuitous personal slams.

I just don't think Stacey's very minor role on Lingo's third season was worth much discussion. For whatever reason (probably her obvious eye-candy contribution) she did generate a lot of chitchat. But people can discuss whatever they want.

As for the smoothing of transitions, this mainly occurred when there was a judging question. Stacey would relay whatever the judges decided and avoid the awkwardness of Chuck trying to run the game and listen to the judges at the same time. The bookkeeping concerned the number of free letters in the bonus round and the numbers the contestants had to pull to get a Lingo. Stacey handled those minor jobs that Chuck was never much interested in.

But these itty-bitty tasks aren't worth the discussion I've given them, which is typical of much of the talk about the now-departed Stacey.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2005, 09:37:34 AM by CaseyAbell »

dzinkin

Lingo season 4 newsflash
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2005, 10:05:30 AM »
Casey, Mark, and Melman:

Cool it.  All three of you.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2005, 10:09:38 AM by dzinkin »