Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Argh....Cablevision and GSN...  (Read 5065 times)

Shredder

Argh....Cablevision and GSN...
« on: June 29, 2005, 02:16:44 PM »
Edit * Seems I misread it.  It looks like it'll still be available with Familly Cable.  Phew...

the only channel I watch on Cable TV Regularly and I thought I was gonna loose it :)..

Just wondering if anyone else sees this message on their system as well, and if perhaps maby the reason for the move is because they are adding it to the Oakland Lineup in NJ?
« Last Edit: June 29, 2005, 02:24:26 PM by Shredder »

koolguy105

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2005, 02:37:27 PM »
What changes are you talking about? I see no information about any type of channel changes at all.

Shredder

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2005, 02:42:50 PM »
[quote name=\'koolguy105\' date=\'Jun 29 2005, 01:37 PM\']What changes are you talking about? I see no information about any type of channel changes at all.
[snapback]90404[/snapback]
[/quote]

'As of July 28th, GSN will move from CH 67 to 88, and be available only on Familly Cable, IO and with a Digital CAble Box'.

At least it says that on the Monmouth Seaside listing channel 14.

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2005, 11:42:00 PM »
This means a great deal to people in Des Moines.  :)

(Sorry, I couldn't resist.)

Doug -- and the countdown to 1300 continues
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

koolguy105

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2005, 10:24:33 AM »
The message appeared on my channel guide today. I wonder what the purpose of this is? Why do they have move GSN of all channels to digital cable? Now I have the shell out more money to buy a digital cable box.

Shredder

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2005, 12:44:47 PM »
The wayI read it is, you could still receive GSN if you have Either familly Cable, or IO and a digital cablebox.  Not one or the other with a box either way.

However, if someone could call and confirm, most appreciated.  And if a box is needed, try and find out why this decision was made....

Although, in a way the joke is on thme.  With GSN, you could get by with just the audio and don't really need the picture to enjoy most of the shows...

Shredder

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2005, 10:06:22 AM »
As of today, CH 60 shows the digital Channel guide.  Hopefully that's not a permanent change, as it's rather pointless if you don't have IO.  If anyone hears anything new, post it here :).

JayC

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2005, 06:43:46 PM »
[quote name=\'Shredder\' date=\'Jun 29 2005, 01:16 PM\']Just wondering if anyone else sees this message on their system as well, and if perhaps maby the reason for the move is because they are adding it to the Oakland Lineup in NJ?[/quote]
Is GSN really being added to the Family Cable lineup in Oakland or was that just a hypothetical thought?

Shredder

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2005, 09:14:17 PM »
Has anyone called recently to  find out what channel is replacing Metro TV?  I called up 3 times in the last 3 weeks and the last time I called was 3 weeks ago, so I don't want to pester 'em to much to find out any updates...

\

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2005, 09:22:01 PM »
[quote name=\'Shredder\' date=\'Jul 17 2005, 08:14 PM\']Has anyone called recently to  find out what channel is replacing Metro TV?  I called up 3 times in the last 3 weeks and the last time I called was 3 weeks ago, so I don't want to pester 'em to much to find out any updates...
[/quote]
You're a customer.  Their job is to serve you.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

Fedya

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2005, 10:06:28 PM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' date=\'Jul 17 2005, 08:22 PM\'][quote name=\'Shredder\' date=\'Jul 17 2005, 08:14 PM\']Has anyone called recently to  find out what channel is replacing Metro TV?  I called up 3 times in the last 3 weeks and the last time I called was 3 weeks ago, so I don't want to pester 'em to much to find out any updates...
[/quote]
You're a customer.  Their job is to serve you.
[snapback]91645[/snapback]
[/quote]
You do realize this is Cablevision you're talking about, right?  :-)
-- Ted Schuerzinger, now blogging at <a href=\"http://justacineast.blogspot.com/\" target=\"_blank\">http://justacineast.blogspot.com/[/url]

No Fark slashes were harmed in the making of this post

Shredder

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2005, 02:36:42 PM »
Exactly another reason not to bug 'em too many times :)

Has anyone gotten a cable bill recently?  They told me one call that any channel changes would be mentioned on the bill..

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2005, 02:47:59 PM »
[quote name=\'Shredder\' date=\'Jul 20 2005, 11:36 AM\']Exactly another reason not to bug 'em too many times :)
[/quote]
Um.......huh?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Shredder

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2005, 03:09:31 PM »
I was commenting on CV's customer service reps..

Two of the Customer service reps I talked two seemingly whern't the kindest or interested of people.  Don't like dealing with that type of personality as much as a livley interested person.  :)

Sonic Whammy

« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2005, 11:00:37 AM »
For anyone not in Jersey who wonders why Shredder is commenting on this so much, I can relate with him since I'm in Bergen County, too.

There's a share of Bergen County - including Saddle Brook, where I am - that lives in a selection of towns called "non-rebuilt" towns. This is the term coined by Cablevision in Oakland for those areas who do not have the full cable channel selection of the "rebuilt" towns that Oakland serves. Trouble is, they give us a really sucky selection. Even if you have IO Digital Cable like I do, you still do not get access to some of the channels that the "rebuilt" towns get, including GSN.

For all I can guess, this is probably the only region in the country where one county can get two radically different cable selections, one awfully good, the other just awful. For YEARS, writing and calling Cablevision about this has gotten us the constant answer that the "non-rebuilt" towns are getting upgraded "very soon". But I started asking about that at least... oh... NINE years ago. So I'm not holding my breath anymore about it.

So I am in agreement one thing: In a lot of cases around here, the term "Cablevision customer service" is a huge oxymoron.
Brian Sapinski

Just Brian Sapinski... for now