Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Luther on game shows  (Read 4493 times)

The Pyramids

Luther on game shows
« on: July 04, 2005, 07:12:39 PM »
The late Luther Vandross was on 'Hollywood Squares' for a week in the '01 - '02 season. It is due on GSN soon.

He was also on a Grammy- theme week on 'Family Feud' hosted by Ray Combs. In the past three years it was on 'Family  Feud' Friday nights and during its regular time slot. (A tribute on a near-by on the website is incorrect).
« Last Edit: July 04, 2005, 07:13:02 PM by PaulD »

BrandonFG

Luther on game shows
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2005, 12:35:43 AM »
[quote name=\'PaulD\' date=\'Jul 4 2005, 06:12 PM\']The late Luther Vandross was on 'Hollywood Squares' for a week in the '01 - '02 season. It is due on GSN soon.

He was also on a Grammy- theme week on 'Family Feud' hosted by Ray Combs. In the past three years it was on 'Family  Feud' Friday nights and during its regular time slot. (A tribute on a near-by on the website is incorrect).
[snapback]90768[/snapback]
[/quote]

Just for the record,
http://gameshow.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=8359 ...if you'd like, please add that info to that thread.

I knew I wasn't crazy (OK, yeah I am, but not this time ;-) ), and knew he did Squares. Thanks for confirming this. :-)
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

DrBear

Luther on game shows
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2005, 01:18:41 AM »
Oh, I thought it was MARTIN Luther...

(Bud Collyer: OK, you'll have to nail all 95 theses to the door and you'll have ... 50 seconds!)
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

Jay Temple

Luther on game shows
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2005, 02:05:46 PM »
Yeah, and I thought it was Luther Campbell from 2 Live Crew.

(Fill in your own joke in which his answer gets stations fined for indecency.)
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.

cmjb13

Luther on game shows
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2005, 02:16:29 PM »
Our beloved Professor had an error on his site that said Luther's only appearance on a game show was on Hollywood Squares.

Now I'm not one to overanalyze when and where this person appeared, but I'm suprised he didn't check his facts first.

But he later corrected himself.

Some things never change.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

uncamark

Luther on game shows
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2005, 02:23:21 PM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Jul 5 2005, 01:16 PM\']Our beloved Professor had an error on his site that said Luther's only appearance on a game show was on Hollywood Squares.

Now I'm not one to overanalyze when and where this person appeared, but I'm suprised he didn't check his facts first.

But he later corrected himself.

Some things never change.
[snapback]90797[/snapback]
[/quote]

And while we're at it, do note that the Perfesser also stated that the "Dancing with the Stars" winner will get a charity donation, when the producers have stated all along that s/he is getting (other than the appearance fees) the same thing that "Strictly Come Dancing" winners get--a trophy, a hearty handshake from Tom Bergeron/Bruce Forsyth and the warm glow of victory.

And perhaps a co-host gig on the next season like Natasha Kaplinsky (or perhaps Jill Halfpenny on series 3 of "SCD," which could mean that John O'Hurley could be standing in Bergeron's spot in January or Kelly Monaco could be standing in Lisa Canning's spot).

Anyway, nice going, Steve.

ChuckNet

Luther on game shows
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2005, 07:46:45 PM »
The late Luther Vandross was on 'Hollywood Squares' for a week in the '01 - '02 season. It is due on GSN soon.

He also did a wk during the first season, in Feb 99.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")