Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Current TPIR stage show host?  (Read 5848 times)

Sonic Whammy

Current TPIR stage show host?
« on: July 08, 2005, 12:56:50 AM »
I've already sent a mail to Randy first, but I figured I'd ask around here, too, in case any of you have been there in the last week or so.

I'm going down there tonight (the 8th), and Andrea and I want to know if anyone has any idea who's hosting right now.

If you know, holler. I'm not leaving Saddle Brook til about 1:30.
Brian Sapinski

Just Brian Sapinski... for now

pianogeek

• LET'S PLAY!
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2005, 01:35:28 AM »
I gone to the July 3rd show and currently it is...

Current Host: Michael Burger
MY OPINION: You'll love his quick wit and hosting abilities.

Current Announcer: Daniel Rosen
MY OPINION: He's okay.  Nice to note that he sometimes adds the words "the crowd goes NUTS!" after saying "You are the next four contestants on The Price is Right LIVE!..." to gain some more needed excitement.

I can't wait to come back next time with my friend and check out another host pairing with our very own Mr. Randy West.

[quote name=\'Sonic Whammy\' date=\'Jul 7 2005, 11:56 PM\']I've already sent a mail to Randy first, but I figured I'd ask around here, too, in case any of you have been there in the last week or so.

I'm going down there tonight (the 8th), and Andrea and I want to know if anyone has any idea who's hosting right now.

If you know, holler. I'm not leaving Saddle Brook til about 1:30.
[snapback]91004[/snapback]
[/quote]
-Sanford

tvrandywest

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2005, 06:14:43 AM »
[quote name=\'pianogeek\' date=\'Jul 7 2005, 09:35 PM\']I can't wait to come back next time with my friend and check out another host pairing with our very own Mr. Randy West.
[snapback]91009[/snapback]
[/quote]
You are too kind, and show great taste! Were you in AC during my last visit? Who was I paired with?

I responded to SonicWhammy's e-mail with word that I believe Roger Lodge is on the Showboat stage this week. The last time I had word from AC, Roger was scheduled for three weeks, with Todd Newton scheduled to return later in July for 3 weeks. But the schedule changes to accommodate talents' committments in L.A.

With my tight schedule this year I've been having a hard time working AC into my life. But I'm happy to say that I'm scheduled to jump in for 7 weeks starting on or about August 10th. Catch me after the show - on most nights I buy drinks for Forum regulars!

Randy
tvrandywest.com
« Last Edit: July 08, 2005, 06:15:47 AM by tvrandywest »
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

cmjb13

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2005, 06:32:21 AM »
So, it sounds like Summers will be hosting when you are there?
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

tvrandywest

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2005, 06:40:47 AM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Jul 8 2005, 02:32 AM\']So, it sounds like Summers will be hosting when you are there?
[snapback]91013[/snapback]
[/quote]
Marc and I will likely work together this summer, but it's too soon to know for sure exactly when. Check your local listings for time and channel, void where prohibited, use as directed. I'll post when I know for sure.

Randy
tvrandywest.com
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

joshg

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2005, 06:43:26 AM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' date=\'Jul 8 2005, 02:40 AM\'][quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Jul 8 2005, 02:32 AM\']So, it sounds like Summers will be hosting when you are there?
[/quote]
Marc and I will likely work together this summer, but it's too soon to know for sure exactly when. Check your local listings for time and channel, void where prohibited, use as directed. I'll post when I know for sure.

Randy
tvrandywest.com
[snapback]91014[/snapback]
[/quote]

Is Mr. West suffering from announcer insomnia? ;-) 3:40 AM PDT post time? Early gig?

Josh
« Last Edit: July 08, 2005, 06:45:34 AM by matchgame »
Because Chiffon Wrinkles...

cmjb13

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2005, 06:48:54 AM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' date=\'Jul 8 2005, 06:40 AM\'][quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Jul 8 2005, 02:32 AM\']So, it sounds like Summers will be hosting when you are there?
[/quote]

Randy
tvrandywest.com
[snapback]91014[/snapback]
[/quote]
Sweet
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

pianogeek

• LET'S PLAY!
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2005, 09:46:10 AM »
You were paired with Mark Walberg.  I don't remember the exact date but it was late-September before the show ended its run.  But my friend and I greeted ya briefly and found out from ya if "What the Blank?" (New Match Game prime time pilot) was picked-up by FOX.  Hey, it was a pleasure!

[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' date=\'Jul 8 2005, 05:14 AM\'][quote name=\'pianogeek\' date=\'Jul 7 2005, 09:35 PM\']I can't wait to come back next time with my friend and check out another host pairing with our very own Mr. Randy West.
[snapback]91009[/snapback]
[/quote]
You are too kind, and show great taste! Were you in AC during my last visit? Who was I paired with?

I responded to SonicWhammy's e-mail with word that I believe Roger Lodge is on the Showboat stage this week. The last time I had word from AC, Roger was scheduled for three weeks, with Todd Newton scheduled to return later in July for 3 weeks. But the schedule changes to accommodate talents' committments in L.A.

With my tight schedule this year I've been having a hard time working AC into my life. But I'm happy to say that I'm scheduled to jump in for 7 weeks starting on or about August 10th. Catch me after the show - on most nights I buy drinks for Forum regulars!

Randy
tvrandywest.com
[snapback]91012[/snapback]
[/quote]
-Sanford

Shredder

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2005, 10:46:44 AM »
Heh, didn't know Mark Summers was going to be there.  Let us know your schedule when ya get it :).  It'll be a toss up on who to see live, Randy with Summers, or Todd Newton :)..

Although, we did see Marc Summers live when he did the wayne NJ Double Dare Tour almost ten or so years ago..

cmjb13

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2005, 12:55:07 PM »
[quote name=\'Shredder\' date=\'Jul 8 2005, 10:46 AM\']Although, we did see Marc Summers live when he did the wayne NJ Double Dare Tour almost ten or so years ago..
[snapback]91024[/snapback]
[/quote]
How did I miss this?

Was this at the Willowbrook Mall?

Shredder

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2005, 02:23:06 PM »
Nope, it was some huge arena like area with stadium seating, large enough for him to run around in the audience and get winded if he did it long enough.  They also had two huge television sets that played repeats of Ren and stimpy, but that's all I can remember about where it was..

tvrandywest

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2005, 02:56:54 PM »
The curiosity here motivated a call to the great staff at TPiR-Live in AC.

It's indeed Michael Burger right now. Todd then returns for 3 weeks, and Marc Summers arrives about the time I'm scheduled to start... the 2nd week in August.

Randy
tvrandywest.com

tvrandywest

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2005, 04:23:00 AM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' date=\'Jul 8 2005, 01:56 PM\']It's indeed Michael Burger right now. Todd then returns for 3 weeks, and Marc Summers arrives about the time I'm scheduled to start...
[snapback]91047[/snapback]
[/quote]
The contract is in hand; it's official. This beauty is on duty from August 14th through September 30th!

Randy
tvrandywest.com
« Last Edit: July 15, 2005, 04:26:48 AM by tvrandywest »

davewalls

« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2005, 12:15:10 PM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' date=\'Jul 15 2005, 03:23 AM\'][quote name=\'tvrandywest\' date=\'Jul 8 2005, 01:56 PM\']It's indeed Michael Burger right now. Todd then returns for 3 weeks, and Marc Summers arrives about the time I'm scheduled to start...
[snapback]91047[/snapback]
[/quote]
The contract is in hand; it's official. This beauty is on duty from August 14th through September 30th!

Randy
tvrandywest.com
[snapback]91475[/snapback]
[/quote]

Sunday, August 14th suddenly seems like a good time for a trip to Atlantic City. :)

Dave
Dave Walls

http://www.davewalls.net

(insert witty comment about self here)

goongas

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2005, 04:14:24 PM »
I am planning to go August 19th.  If anyone wants to meet up, post here I guess.