Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Ares files  (Read 2801 times)

pyramid100

Ares files
« on: July 21, 2005, 02:52:53 PM »
Besides the 6 TPIR episodes that were put on Ares about a month ago,  are there any more episodes of any game show. Has the gs activity increased on this service?

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Ares files
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2005, 04:00:08 PM »
. o O (Breathe, Chris. Just breathe.)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

saussage

Ares files
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2005, 08:26:46 PM »
[quote name=\'pyramid100\' date=\'Jul 21 2005, 01:52 PM\']Besides the 6 TPIR episodes that were put on Ares about a month ago,  are there any more episodes of any game show. Has the gs activity increased on this service?
[snapback]91942[/snapback]
[/quote]
Game show content on p2p? Minimal and stale at best from the activity I've seen.

Most of the activity are on individual websites where people bust their humps putting up content that they enjoy and want to share to others.... and it shows. Would it be great to have an ftp site with a bounty of game shows and/or clips to choose from? Yes. Unfortunatly, due to current bandwidth and storage costs, most people can't afford it... especially since these sites don't generate $$. Even sharing the files on a p2p site can suck away at bandwidth since video is rather large in file size to begin with. Bittorrent would problably be the best way to distribute large files and to help minimize bandwidth costs (which may still be too high).

The only things gs related that I see on p2p is the same theme music that can be found by other means anyhow. Finding 6 eps of TPIR on Ares... anything can happen on p2p I guess but that would be news to me.
Don't think too hard... you might give yourself a headache.