Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: My First Millionaire Audition  (Read 3161 times)

TheInquisitiveOne

My First Millionaire Audition
« on: July 22, 2005, 10:27:53 PM »
Hello once again!

I found out that Millionaire will have auditions in East Chicago on August 1 (thank god I live in Gary!). There will be the opportunity to audition twice: once for the general show and again for the Million Dollar Movie Week. That is beside my point...

For those of you who experienced this, what should I expect when entering for the audition? Any advice that I should follow?

Thanks for your help! BTW, go here for more information.

The Inquisitive One
This is the Way.

goongas

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2005, 02:41:56 PM »
[quote name=\'TheInquisitiveOne\' date=\'Jul 22 2005, 09:27 PM\']Hello once again!

I found out that Millionaire will have auditions in East Chicago on August 1 (thank god I live in Gary!). There will be the opportunity to audition twice: once for the general show and again for the Million Dollar Movie Week. That is beside my point...

For those of you who experienced this, what should I expect when entering for the audition? Any advice that I should follow?

The Inquisitive One
[snapback]92087[/snapback]
[/quote]

Go to Audition Application and fill out the form ahead of time.  You need to give them interesting stories to be considered.  You are essentially trying out for a talk show, not a game show.  They don't care how smart you are once you pass the test.

Timsterino

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2005, 09:13:15 PM »
[quote name=\'goongas\' date=\'Jul 23 2005, 02:41 PM\'][quote name=\'TheInquisitiveOne\' date=\'Jul 22 2005, 09:27 PM\']Hello once again!

The Inquisitive One
[/quote]

Go to Audition Application and fill out the form ahead of time.  You need to give them interesting stories to be considered.  You are essentially trying out for a talk show, not a game show.  They don't care how smart you are once you pass the test.
[snapback]92117[/snapback]
[/quote]

I concur with Eric. It is all about you being interesting enough for TV. The test is supposed to handle the smartness factor (although with last season's crop I beg to differ - I should talk though). The interview is the most important part of the audition. Being interesting and pull things that Meredith would like to talk about on air. Good luck to you! Once you get on the show,  it will be an amazing experience that you will never forget.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2005, 09:14:43 PM by Timsterino »

cmjb13

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2005, 09:30:36 PM »
Be aware that if the difficulty was along the same lines as the test I took last November, be prepared.

Agreed that they seem to look for someone with a good story.

If I browse channels and come across it, I find it annoying that they spend too much time talking about the contestant. I understand there has to be a balance for the home viewer to root for someone. But sometimes it's like "Shut up and play the game"

I guess they build the game around the contestant, not the contestant around the game.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

Sonic Whammy

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2005, 12:43:11 AM »
Seeing as I passed the test 2 weeks ago, but got rejected, I'll concur with the others in that I did not present myself as well as I would have liked. I'm gonna try to change that if I go to a taping, but if nothing else, yes, be excited and make yourself look interesting.

If nothing else, I'll at least give you the particulars of the test. 30 multiple choices in 10 minutes. They'll give you those good ol' Scantron sheets to mark your answers. I've taken that the difficulty is pretty decent, you're gonna see a zinger at least once every 4 or 5 questions, but it's not too bad if you're well read... and well up to date on your Millionaire. I found a question last time that came from a Millionaire episode, and I only know that cuz I ran into the question when scanning tapes the other day.

But overall, if you pull the standard quiz fare and cram with some Millionaire, Ben Stein and Jeopardy, I'm sure you'll do OK. Whether it'll actually come up is one thing, but at least you'll have enough to make some educated guesses on. Trivial Pursuit cards are good, too.

OK, I'm done with the cliche strategy now. Good luck! Let me know how it turns out.
Brian Sapinski

Just Brian Sapinski... for now

uncamark

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2005, 03:54:49 PM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Jul 23 2005, 08:30 PM\']Be aware that if the difficulty was along the same lines as the test I took last November, be prepared.

Agreed that they seem to look for someone with a good story.

If I browse channels and come across it, I find it annoying that they spend too much time talking about the contestant. I understand there has to be a balance for the home viewer to root for someone. But sometimes it's like "Shut up and play the game"

I guess they build the game around the contestant, not the contestant around the game.
[snapback]92130[/snapback]
[/quote]

The line that Michael Davies uses is "it's a talk show where a game show suddenly breaks out."

But I defend the interviews here, because more than, say, "J!", you have to have something more for the viewer to invest themselves than just the game itself.  You can like the guy in the Hot Seat, you can hate him, but they want to put in there someone you can identify with one way or the other.  So it's not the way Chris Tarrant does it, but it is the way the current U.S. version does it.

All I can say that the guy who talked to me when I tried out wasn't impressed that Andy Kaufman "married" me.  Perhaps if I told him that Richard Hatch streaked me...  :)

goongas

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2005, 04:26:40 PM »
[quote name=\'goongas\' date=\'Jul 23 2005, 01:41 PM\'][quote name=\'TheInquisitiveOne\' date=\'Jul 22 2005, 09:27 PM\']Hello once again!

The Inquisitive One
[/quote]

[snapback]92117[/snapback]
[/quote]

I found out today that the application has more questions for the road auditions, but the application I linked to is a good starting point.