Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: TPIR celebrates game show week concept  (Read 9104 times)

saussage

TPIR celebrates game show week concept
« on: July 30, 2005, 10:25:31 PM »
I know. What's this guy smoking again? :)

Anyhow, I had this thought of a few months back but never did really put any of my ideas on paper until now.

We all know H2 had "Game Show Week". An interesting week featuring game show celebs. I thought that even if at one time all of these game shows at one time or another were actually competing for ratings, it was classy to have a game show actually celebrating other game shows (or in this case game show mc's and hosts).

Well, let's take it one step further... incorporate a "Game Show" week on TPIR. This would consist of pricing games and each pricing game would be related to a particular game show. I had it so that the pricing game would reminist a particular segment of a classic game show series (usually a game show that was popular or that many people would recall).

I originally had the idea of temporarily replacing all 6 pricing games with "Game Show week"-themed pricing games. If it would be too overwealming of a change, I would change it to only replacing 1 pricing game instead of replacing all 6. Here's an example of what the first day might look like:

Pricing game 1: TPIR celebrates Let's Made a Deal. The pricing game "Zonk!"

7 pricing items are placed side-by-side. The contestant must soft them from the least expensive to the most expensive. (Like "hole in one" but without the golf) :)
If all correct, the contestant wins 2000$ cash bonus and usually a moderately expensive prize (like a trip). If they miss, Bob would count how many the contestant got correct and give a cash prize of $200 for every item that was correct. Then the contestant could then either keep the cash or surrender it to a prize behind door #1 or door #2. (a door may have a prize of around 1500-2000$ value. Could be anything like a tv, spa or something. The other door would have a "zonk"... may be a true zonk but if that's too harsh, could have a year's supply of creamettes instead) :)

Pricing game #2: TPIR Celebrates Gambit (or High Rollers)

Play for a new car. Standard Gambit bonus round. Roll the dice to make the numbers 1 thru 9 and you win the car. All Gambit rules apply. If you lose, win a $ amount by adding all the numbers you did get and multiply by 100. You could win as much as 4400$ (if you got all of them except the 1).

Pricing game #3: TPIR celebrates Card Sharks (NOT the 2001 version) :)

Standard money cards. Play for $$. I want to know what rules version you would like but I myself would be happy with Perry's or Eubanks versions.

Pricing game #4: TPIR celebrates Treasure hunt.

1/2 off would be suitable for this. No need for a new game. A twist could be added though. A car is won as well if the contestant can guess correctly where the $$$ is hidden before any boxes go away. If the $$ is there... game is over and contestant wins $$ and car. If not, game continues as per normal.

Pricing game #5: TPIR celebrates Classic Concentration

Standard bonus game. Play for a car. Start with 30 seconds. 3 small prizes can then win added seconds (10 extra seconds for each right prize). The rules to win the smaller prizes can be anything (I'll just use the "Spelling Bee" format as an example but it could be higher/lower or wrong/right price too).

Pricing game #6: have no idea on this one yet. You can let me know if there's a bonus round that would work as a standard TPIR pricing game or something similar within a format of another game show. I had TJW in mind but I don't think it would work unless TPIR would build a giant slot-like machine which would be asking too much.

As well, if it goes well, TPIR might be able to keep some of the new pricing games on a standard schedule depending on how ratings, crowd reaction and contestant friendliness. I think even if there is no game show week, having a new pricing game in a format like one above might add new excitement to the existing pricing games. Pardon the spelling mistakes if any. Enjoy.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2005, 10:35:45 PM by saussage »
Don't think too hard... you might give yourself a headache.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2005, 10:40:33 PM »
So when did "stealing concepts from other shows" turn into "celebration"?

"You get an F. You plagaraized that research paper."

"I was celebrating it!"

"Oh. Well, that's different. You get an A."
« Last Edit: July 30, 2005, 10:41:20 PM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

FOXSportsFan

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2005, 10:44:46 PM »
(Massive overquoting deleted. -DZ)

How nicely can I say this...NEVER GONNA HAPPEN!  If I even dignify your idea, it would be pointless since..well..FREMANTLE DOESN'T OWN SOME OF THESE GAMES!  I can't even give him E for effort, off you go to the land of Valupak Coupons (and you thought the land of parting gifts was bad).
« Last Edit: July 31, 2005, 04:24:19 AM by dzinkin »

clemon79

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2005, 10:50:40 PM »
[quote name=\'FOXSportsFan\' date=\'Jul 30 2005, 07:44 PM\']How nicely can I say this...
[/quote]
As nicely as I can say: Learn proper quoting.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2005, 11:31:16 PM »
[quote name=\'saussage\' date=\'Jul 30 2005, 09:25 PM\']Play for a new car. Standard Gambit bonus round. Roll the dice to make the numbers 1 thru 9 and you win the car.
[/quote]
Except for part of the second run, when the hell was this the standard Gambit round?
--Mark
Phil 4:13

clemon79

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2005, 11:44:03 PM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' date=\'Jul 30 2005, 08:31 PM\']Except for part of the second run, when the hell was this the standard Gambit round?
[/quote]
Apparently if it didn't happen after Saussage was born, it didn't happen.

saussage

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2005, 12:05:36 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jul 30 2005, 10:44 PM\'][quote name=\'Modor\' date=\'Jul 30 2005, 08:31 PM\']Except for part of the second run, when the hell was this the standard Gambit round?
[/quote]
Apparently if it didn't happen after Saussage was born, it didn't happen.
[snapback]92757[/snapback]
[/quote]
Sorry about that folks... I forgot to do the Gambit/High Rollers bonus round to avoid confusion. And yes, I did forget temporarily the old 21 cards bonus round.

...and now, a new talk show with Regis Philbin will premiere Monday on NBC.
Don't think too hard... you might give yourself a headache.

clemon79

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2005, 12:16:48 AM »
[quote name=\'saussage\' date=\'Jul 30 2005, 09:05 PM\']...and now, a new talk show with Regis Philbin will premiere Monday on NBC.
[/quote]
In place of you posting? I'll make that trade.

johnnyd1788

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2005, 01:54:54 AM »
[quote name=\'saussage\' date=\'Jul 30 2005, 09:25 PM\']I know. What's this guy smoking again? :)
[snapback]92734[/snapback]
[/quote]

Um, saussage?

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2005, 03:23:12 AM »
Despite what the others say, I think this is a great idea. My advice is to send your proposal to:

Mark Goodson
Mark Goodson Productions
375 Park Avenue
New York, New York 10152

Mr. Goodson will then contact you with regard to putting your idea into action. Be sure to include your home telephone number so that he can reach you there.

jalman

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2005, 04:21:20 AM »
[quote name=\'chris319\' date=\'Jul 31 2005, 02:23 AM\']Mr. Goodson will then contact you with regard to putting your idea into action. Be sure to include your home telephone number so that he can reach you there.
[snapback]92776[/snapback]
[/quote]

How about I ste...er, take Mr. Saussage's ideas, mail them to Mr. Goodson, and finally my first steps to becoming Game Show SuperMan will be complete!

Oh wait.

Saussage, other than "it plays well in my mind's eye," is there any practical reason for TPIR to adopt this odd idea?  Okay, I'll just go back to Lurker Town.

FOXSportsFan

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2005, 07:43:24 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jul 30 2005, 09:50 PM\'][quote name=\'FOXSportsFan\' date=\'Jul 30 2005, 07:44 PM\']How nicely can I say this...
[/quote]
As nicely as I can say: Learn proper quoting.
[snapback]92743[/snapback]
[/quote]

I feel the niceness...apologies for a mental lapse.

cmjb13

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2005, 07:47:44 AM »
« Last Edit: July 31, 2005, 07:48:07 AM by cmjb13 »
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

TalkingHeadsFan

« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2005, 05:20:24 PM »
First of all, where the HELL do you come up with a user name like "Saussage"? and no, my mind is not in the gutter.

Second, we musn't forget the name of the show is "The PRICE is Right". All PRICING games are related to the PRICING of merchandise. Since when does Money Cards or the Gambit bonus round integrate pricing any kind of item(s)?

Doug

clemon79

« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2005, 05:37:06 PM »
[quote name=\'TalkingHeadsFan\' date=\'Jul 31 2005, 02:20 PM\']All PRICING games are related to the PRICING of merchandise. Since when does Money Cards or the Gambit bonus round integrate pricing any kind of item(s)?
[/quote]
Shh! We're celebrating! :)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2005, 05:37:25 PM by clemon79 »