Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: TPIR celebrates game show week concept  (Read 9101 times)

zachhoran

TPIR celebrates game show week concept
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2005, 08:31:15 AM »
[quote name=\'DrJWJustice\' date=\'Aug 1 2005, 02:48 AM\']I can hear a rumbling sound, and the seismograph is moving hard.  Must be Mark Goodson spinning in his grave at the very idea of this mess.
[snapback]92844[/snapback]
[/quote]

Todman could be going back to the Abarbanel, too.

zachhoran

« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2005, 08:32:54 AM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' date=\'Aug 1 2005, 03:10 AM\']

Kid, how old are you? Seriously, cause an adult wouldn't spew this garbage this consistantly....

(To the rest of the panel : An adult wouldn't spew this garbage this consistantly, right?)
[snapback]92846[/snapback]
[/quote]

The folks who conceived Card Guppies 2001 spewed a little garbage.

aaron sica

« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2005, 08:37:50 AM »
[quote name=\'dzinkin\' date=\'Aug 1 2005, 07:19 AM\']...mutters and puts away his "TPIR celebrates weather guys" idea... ;-)
[snapback]92856[/snapback]
[/quote]

With a special musical arrangement by Stormy Sacks!

BrandonFG

« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2005, 09:03:43 AM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Aug 1 2005, 07:32 AM\'][quote name=\'tvwxman\' date=\'Aug 1 2005, 03:10 AM\']

Kid, how old are you? Seriously, cause an adult wouldn't spew this garbage this consistantly....

(To the rest of the panel : An adult wouldn't spew this garbage this consistantly, right?)
[/quote]

The folks who conceived Card Guppies 2001 spewed a little garbage.
[snapback]92860[/snapback]
[/quote]

Zach actually made a pretty decent joke. It's 80-something outside, so Hell couldn't have frozen over. For the record, Card Guppies 2001 is redundant; there was only one version that was known as Card Guppies, and that was the 2001 version. Just had to nitpick the King of Nitpicks. :-P

It's humor, Zach. Laugh and shut up.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

saussage

« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2005, 07:15:15 PM »
The idea was if H2 could celebrate a game show week, why not tpir in its own special way. I guess though if people like to smuther ideas in a pile of crap, I guess that would work also.
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' date=\'Aug 1 2005, 03:10 AM\']Kid, how old are you? Seriously, cause an adult wouldn't spew this garbage this consistantly....

[/quote]
Do not disrespect me tvwxman. Did you really think you would get an answer from me?.. if you would've been nice about it you would've had a better chance. I'll donate to you a brick award since it's the least I can do. Does the majority of the panel feel the same way as tvwxman? There's no sence of being part of a community if the community doesn't want you.

On a lighter note, sounds like we should all be on "Faux Pause" right now since that show was utter crap as well.
Don't think too hard... you might give yourself a headache.

DrJWJustice

« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2005, 07:23:02 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Aug 1 2005, 02:57 AM\'][quote name=\'DrJWJustice\' date=\'Aug 1 2005, 12:48 AM\']I can hear a rumbling sound, and the seismograph is moving hard.  Must be Mark Goodson spinning in his grave at the very idea of this mess.
[/quote]
Actually, that was me. Musta been the....well, you know. :)
[snapback]92845[/snapback]
[/quote]

That was naughty, Chris!

BrandonFG

« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2005, 08:01:01 PM »
[quote name=\'saussage\' date=\'Aug 1 2005, 06:15 PM\']Do not disrespect me tvwxman. Did you really think you would get an answer from me?.. if you would've been nice about it you would've had a better chance. I'll donate to you a brick award since it's the least I can do. Does the majority of the panel feel the same way as tvwxman? There's no sence of being part of a community if the community doesn't want you.
[snapback]92919[/snapback]
[/quote]

This is all going back to the discussion on the Behind The Scenes board. You post a silly thread, you should expect to get called out on it. And this isn't the first nonsense post you've made. So don't start crying when folks make fun of you.

BTW, as founder of the Brick award, I have to revoke that "donation". Connecti-Matt's posts make sense. ;-)
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2005, 08:12:47 PM »
[quote name=\'saussage\' date=\'Aug 1 2005, 04:15 PM\']The idea was if H2 could celebrate a game show week, why not tpir in its own special way.
[/quote]
Because H2 was still playing H2 when all was said and done.
I guess though if people like to smuther ideas in a pile of crap, I guess that would work also.
Certainly you did a fine job.
I'll donate to you a brick award since it's the least I can do.
Dude, don't try to make in-jokes when you are so clearly out. It just makes you look like an even bigger moron.
Does the majority of the panel feel the same way as tvwxman? There's no sence of being part of a community if the community doesn't want you.
By jove, I think he's got it!
« Last Edit: August 01, 2005, 08:17:31 PM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

tvwxman

« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2005, 08:16:18 PM »
[quote name=\'saussage\' date=\'Aug 1 2005, 06:15 PM\']
Do not disrespect me tvwxman. Did you really think you would get an answer from me?.. if you would've been nice about it you would've had a better chance. I'll donate to you a brick award since it's the least I can do. Does the majority of the panel feel the same way as tvwxman? There's no sence of being part of a community if the community doesn't want you.
[snapback]92919[/snapback]
[/quote]

I'd LOVE to hear from the panel myself. Maybe that will teach our youngin a thing or two.

Now , if y'all excuse me, I'm going back to work creating a game show based on Blockbusters, with celebrities in each hexagon, where you win the box by playing a high/low game with cards and dice. Bonus squares offer money if you can guess if the weight of the celebrity is more than the price of an item that Janice and Dian will show. They should be working dammit!
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

Don Howard

« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2005, 08:40:06 PM »
While in high school, my brother got an F during an exam for copying off a neighbor's answer sheet. He should have told the teacher that he was celebrating his classmate's answers by using them himself.
And now, back to the original question posed 39 postings ago, it's a lousy idea. Plinko six times a show is better than this "inspiration". The foregoing is opinion and not fact. On second thought, it's fact.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2005, 08:41:25 PM by Don Howard »

EmiOfBrie

« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2005, 09:20:18 PM »
I like the idea, but some of games need tweaking to make it more about knowing prices...

[quote name=\'saussage\' date=\'Jul 30 2005, 09:25 PM\']Pricing game 1: TPIR celebrates Let's Made a Deal. The pricing game "Zonk!"[/quote]

Fina as is, just would need clearance from Monty Hall.  :)

Pricing game #2: TPIR Celebrates...High Rollers

Play for a new car. Standard Gambit bonus round. Roll the dice to make the numbers 1 thru 9 and you win the car. All Gambit rules apply. If you lose, win a $ amount by adding all the numbers you did get and multiply by 100. You could win as much as 4400$ (if you got all of them except the 1).

Ok, the price of the car needs to be worked into this somehow.  Instead of keeping the usual HR rules, set a time limit (30 seconds should do it) and the object will be to remove the five numbers in the price of the car within the time limit, so you would get the choice to remove a number itself or any group of numbers that add up to the sum.

Pricing game #3: TPIR celebrates Card Sharks (NOT the 2001 version) :)

Standard money cards. Play for $$. I want to know what rules version you would like but I myself would be happy with Perry's or Eubanks versions.

Again, prices have to work into this somehow....maybe a true/false or a higher/lower, or some way to guess the prices of small items to win chances to replace a card on the board during tough spots.  CS is a G-T game, so the rights shouldn't be a problem.

Pricing game #4: TPIR celebrates Treasure hunt.

1/2 off would be suitable for this. No need for a new game. A twist could be added though. A car is won as well if the contestant can guess correctly where the $$$ is hidden before any boxes go away. If the $$ is there... game is over and contestant wins $$ and car. If not, game continues as per normal.

Again, price of the car should be worked into this one.  Have all the chests have a price on them, and you have to find which one is the correct price.  The "1/2-off" elements could be the mini-game to win guesses.  Kinda like "5 price tags" with a twist.  This game could be done generically.

Pricing game #5: TPIR celebrates Classic Concentration

Standard bonus game. Play for a car. Start with 30 seconds. 3 small prizes can then win added seconds (10 extra seconds for each right prize). The rules to win the smaller prizes can be anything (I'll just use the "Spelling Bee" format as an example but it could be higher/lower or wrong/right price too).

Ok...I say use the CC bonus round format for the most part, but instead of just matching the names of the small items, you need to match each small item with its price to remove squares from the board.  Dunno if NBC would be willing to let a rival network use their format though.

saussage

« Reply #41 on: August 01, 2005, 09:22:54 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Aug 1 2005, 07:12 PM\']
I'll donate to you a brick award since it's the least I can do.
Dude, don't try to make in-jokes when you are so clearly out. It just makes you look like an even bigger moron.
[snapback]92936[/snapback]
[/quote]
Clearly out? No. Pissed off? A bit. Could've said worse.

I've been making jokes almost since day one on this board. I thought that giving a message board which I love a sence of humor was a good thing since it usually reflects of how I am. I believe we were all joking here until tvwxman showed up. Maybe it was by mistake but the comments he made was an insult IMO.

Joking about things is all I know. If I have anything close to something serious to say, maybe people don't take it seriously and take it as another joke. IMO, that would bug many people. I just want everyone not only to like that's to offer on this board, but to have a chuckle too.

Feeling better. Hope y'all understand. Boring huh? :)
All I know is that if I pulled off a comment like that, I would get beaten up with old betamax tapes. :)

As clemon79 forces me to watch countless episodes of (place most boring/annoying gs here), I think we should do this thread a favour.

Any moderators around?
Feel like pulling off an Iron Chef?

This thread battle is............... OVER!
(I know I have 0 control over closing this thread but it would be a nice line to use) :)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #42 on: August 01, 2005, 09:41:31 PM »
[quote name=\'saussage\' date=\'Aug 1 2005, 06:22 PM\']I've been making jokes almost since day one on this board. I thought that giving a message board which I love a sence of humor was a good thing since it usually reflects of how I am.
[/quote]
Except your attempts at "jokes" aren't funny to anyone but you.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

BrandonFG

« Reply #43 on: August 01, 2005, 09:46:30 PM »
How about we declare saussage [sic] the "Dennis Miller of the Big Board", since apparently, he's the only one who gets his jokes.

"What the hell does rant mean?!"
-Peter Griffin

saussage

« Reply #44 on: August 01, 2005, 10:12:48 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Aug 1 2005, 08:46 PM\']How about we declare saussage [sic] the "Dennis Miller of the Big Board", since apparently, he's the only one who gets his jokes.

"What the hell does rant mean?!"
-Peter Griffin
[snapback]92953[/snapback]
[/quote]
Do I get a trophy for that? Sounds like I got stamped with a Dennis Miller label on my forehead.

I wish I had a dayjob :)