Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Quick Programing Note  (Read 6628 times)

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
Quick Programing Note
« on: August 15, 2005, 07:01:26 AM »
CBS is doing the PGA Championship this morning at 10AM ET (play was suspended yesterday after lightning was in the area), so East Coast and Midwest viewers should not expect to see today's TPIR rerun.  It *may* air on the West Coast, depending on the length of the golf.

Thank you for your support.  :)

Doug -- and the countdown to 1400 continues (and is just about over)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2005, 07:16:53 AM by SRIV94 »
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

BrandonFG

Quick Programing Note
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2005, 07:27:01 AM »
[quote name=\'SRIV94\' date=\'Aug 15 2005, 06:01 AM\']CBS is doing the PGA Championship this morning at 10AM ET (play was suspended yesterday after lightning was in the area), so East Coast and Midwest viewers should not expect to see today's TPIR rerun.  It *may* air on the West Coast, depending on the length of the golf.
[snapback]94186[/snapback]
[/quote]

And bring out the ice cream ponies! I want cherry! Oh wait, I'll be sleep...

Y&R fans are gonna crap enough bricks to build a house.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

NickintheATL

• Husband of snowpeck
Quick Programing Note
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2005, 08:31:38 AM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Aug 15 2005, 07:27 AM\']Y&R fans are gonna crap enough bricks to build a house.
[/quote]

(Sarcasm On) WAHHHH! They're preempting my show for crappy golf! WAHHH! (/Sarcasm)

It's not like it'll be the end of the world, just look at Price fans.... oh wait, if it was first run, it would be the end of the world for certain people.

EDIT: To clarify, I am referring to those people who seem as if they're going to commit suicide and jump off bridges whenever CBS preempts.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2005, 11:28:07 AM by NicholasM79 »

bandit_bobby

Quick Programing Note
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2005, 10:09:02 AM »
I hope the episode intended for today wasn't the one where somebody tried to cheat on Flip Flop (the April 4th one).

FOXSportsFan

Quick Programing Note
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2005, 10:14:54 AM »
I was sorta hoping TNT would pick up the coverage for today.  In the past when ABC/ESPN split a tournament, ESPN would pick up where ABC left off on Monday if necessary.  Probably because it's a major (and because CBS and TNT are in no real way affiliated, it explains why the eye has the finale).

BTW, no knock on Jim Nantz and company, but Ernie Johnson has to be the most underrated sportscaster in America.  From Inside the NBA to PGA golf coverage, he does a great job as host.  

Enjoy the golf...we have a log jam on top to start the morning's play.

BrandonFG

Quick Programing Note
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2005, 10:22:40 AM »
[quote name=\'bandit_bobby\' date=\'Aug 15 2005, 09:09 AM\']I hope the episode intended for today wasn't the one where somebody tried to cheat on Flip Flop (the April 4th one).
[snapback]94190[/snapback]
[/quote]

Someone put one of those ponies on reserve...it's going straight to Richmond!
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
Quick Programing Note
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2005, 10:29:47 AM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Aug 15 2005, 09:22 AM\'][quote name=\'bandit_bobby\' date=\'Aug 15 2005, 09:09 AM\']I hope the episode intended for today wasn't the one where somebody tried to cheat on Flip Flop (the April 4th one).
[/quote]

[snapback]94192[/snapback]
[/quote]
Prolly no need.  While the list of revised airdates cuts out after last Friday's episode, if the list is any indication the ep that would've aired today would've been the 2/28/05 ep.

Y&R should air today without too much difficulty (and some of TPIR might actually get shown, now that Mickelson has sealed the deal).

This 1400th post is a public service of the "Save The Ice Cream Pony For Me Wherever Possible Foundation."

Doug -- celebrating 1400 posts of merriment and madness (more of the latter than the former)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2005, 11:04:16 AM by SRIV94 »
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

cmjb13

Quick Programing Note
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2005, 10:51:56 AM »
[quote name=\'NicholasM79\' date=\'Aug 15 2005, 08:31 AM\']It's not like it'll be the end of the world, just look at Price fans.... oh wait, if it was first run, it would be the end of the world for certain people.
[snapback]94188[/snapback]
[/quote]
Not on this board.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

NickintheATL

• Husband of snowpeck
Quick Programing Note
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2005, 10:56:30 AM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Aug 15 2005, 10:51 AM\']Not on this board.
[/quote]

And you don't have to worry about me gasping and thinking my life is over :-D

Mr. Matté

Quick Programing Note
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2005, 11:30:32 AM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Aug 15 2005, 10:22 AM\'][quote name=\'bandit_bobby\' date=\'Aug 15 2005, 09:09 AM\']I hope the episode intended for today wasn't the one where somebody tried to cheat on Flip Flop (the April 4th one).
[/quote]

[snapback]94192[/snapback]
[/quote]
Get ready for your ponies because it is the 4/4 episode.  It was joined before the first showcase showdown.

zachhoran

Quick Programing Note
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2005, 11:32:28 AM »
[quote name=\'bandit_bobby\' date=\'Aug 15 2005, 09:09 AM\']I hope the episode intended for today wasn't the one where somebody tried to cheat on Flip Flop (the April 4th one).
[/quote]

Guess what, Bandit's right. That WAS the scheduled rerun for today. CBS joined the episode just before the 1st SCSD.  The blooper win was not seen on the East Coast today, as Flip Flop was the 3rd PG on the episode. The episode was partially or fully preempted on 4/4 due to coverage of the Pope's death two days earlier.

NickintheATL

• Husband of snowpeck
Quick Programing Note
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2005, 11:50:23 AM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Aug 15 2005, 11:32 AM\']Guess what, Bandit's right. That WAS the scheduled rerun for today. CBS joined the episode just before the 1st SCSD.  The blooper win was not seen on the East Coast today, as Flip Flop was the 3rd PG on the episode. The episode was partially or fully preempted on 4/4 due to coverage of the Pope's death two days earlier.
[/quote]

Tell me something, how can someone pushing the button without even changing a thing on the game be called a blooper win? It certainly didn't sound or read (mind you, I've not SEEN it, but have read enough accounts to know what was going on) like a blooper win.

zachhoran

Quick Programing Note
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2005, 11:56:14 AM »
[quote name=\'NicholasM79\' date=\'Aug 15 2005, 10:50 AM\']

Tell me something, how can someone pushing the button without even changing a thing on the game be called a blooper win? It certainly didn't sound or read (mind you, I've not SEEN it, but have read enough accounts to know what was going on) like a blooper win.
[snapback]94204[/snapback]
[/quote]

Some would argue that it was a blooper on Bob's part to award a win to a contestant who cheated like that. Virtually everyone on Invision or golden-road.net agreed that Bob was too nice in that situation.

bandit_bobby

Quick Programing Note
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2005, 12:00:13 PM »
On GoldenRoad.net, they declared the Flip Flop result a NO CONTEST.

joe_capitano

Quick Programing Note
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2005, 12:00:56 PM »
[quote name=\'bandit_bobby\' date=\'Aug 15 2005, 07:09 AM\']I hope the episode intended for today wasn't the one where somebody tried to cheat on Flip Flop (the April 4th one).
[/quote]Be careful what you wish for. It might come true...and it has. They reran the "Flip Flop Incident" today.

I feel for you guys.

BTW: Since I write the recaps at G-R.net, I declared this a "No Contest" since Breton did not make a move before he hit that button. I'm not considering it a "Blooper Win" or any kind of Win - nor should it be - as Breton did absolutely nothing to earn it. In fact, if it were my decision he would have never been awarded the prize.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2005, 12:14:35 PM by joe_capitano »