Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Quick Programing Note  (Read 6629 times)

bandit_bobby

Quick Programing Note
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2005, 12:04:11 PM »
Thank goodness I downloaded a clip of the said incident from one of the GoldenRoad.net message boards a few months ago.

uncamark

Quick Programing Note
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2005, 12:28:48 PM »
The hazard of being America's Favorite Hour of Fun and Games.  If a "J!" contestant walked over to Trebek's podium to take a peek, Harry Friedman would personally show him the door.  But in Barker's wanting to keep his nice-guy image (and, let it be said, an attempt to keep in some spontaneity), the guy not only didn't get punished, but got the prize for doing something he shouldn't have.

At least one could hope that Rich's warmup now contains something on the order of "don't touch anything unless Bob tells you to."

aaron sica

Quick Programing Note
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2005, 12:42:56 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Aug 15 2005, 12:28 PM\']
At least one could hope that Rich's warmup now contains something on the order of "don't touch anything unless Bob tells you to."
[snapback]94211[/snapback]
[/quote]

That's what got Dian into trouble...

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Quick Programing Note
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2005, 02:41:03 PM »
[quote name=\'FOXSportsFan\' date=\'Aug 15 2005, 09:14 AM\']I was sorta hoping TNT would pick up the coverage for today.
[/quote]
When CBS had NASCAR on, they would move it to TNN if they needed to, incidentally.  That would never happen now, of course, as SPIKE would probably never, ever, show golf.

. But in Barker's wanting to keep his nice-guy image...
Oh goodie. So if I ever make it on the show, and play "Race Game", can I flip all 4 podiums down and take the win?
--Mark
Phil 4:13

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Quick Programing Note
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2005, 02:46:32 PM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' date=\'Aug 15 2005, 11:41 AM\']Oh goodie. So if I ever make it on the show, and play "Race Game", can I flip all 4 podiums down and take the win?
[/quote]
*TWEET!* Penalty on the offense, snarking where no snark was necessary (because it's fairly clear that uncamarkagrees with you), five yards, still second down.

There were far more lucrative targets. Such as:
[quote name=\'bandit_bobby\' date=\'Aug 15 2005, 09:04 AM\']Thank goodness I downloaded a clip of the said incident from one of the GoldenRoad.net message boards a few months ago.
[/quote]
Oh Thank God yes! What would you have DONE if you weren't able to preserve that incident for all time? Why, you might have thrown your TV out the window!

JEEzus.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
Quick Programing Note
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2005, 03:53:03 PM »
With all apologies to those on the east coast, I'm kind of glad that the Flip Flop incident was preempted again. The last thing the show needs is for audience members to realize that they can push the large red button for an automatic win. I'm surprised they chose to rerun the episode at all.

--
Scott Robinson

(This is the second time this summer that an episode that was preempted on the east coast was preempted again in its rerun, isn't it?)

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
Quick Programing Note
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2005, 04:02:55 PM »
[quote name=\'aaron sica\' date=\'Aug 15 2005, 11:42 AM\']That's what got Dian into trouble...
[snapback]94212[/snapback]
[/quote]
Close race between you and BFG's "Winner's Circle categories" post for. . .

[font=\"Impact\"]LINE OF THE DAY[/font]

consideration.  (Something I could only achieve if I were the only one posting.  And even then I'm not sure I'd win.)

Doug
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

BrandonFG

Quick Programing Note
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2005, 04:42:42 PM »
[quote name=\'SRIV94\' date=\'Aug 15 2005, 03:02 PM\'][quote name=\'aaron sica\' date=\'Aug 15 2005, 11:42 AM\']That's what got Dian into trouble...
[snapback]94212[/snapback]
[/quote]
Close race between you and BFG's "Winner's Circle categories" post for. . .

[font=\"Impact\"]LINE OF THE DAY[/font]

consideration.  (Something I could only achieve if I were the only one posting.  And even then I'm not sure I'd win.)
[snapback]94233[/snapback]
[/quote]

I must decline the nomination...those were real categories. :-P I also remember "What Cher's Father Would Say". Then I remembered "What I Would Say": turn the damn channel.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

cmjb13

Quick Programing Note
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2005, 05:51:35 PM »
[quote name=\'NicholasM79\' date=\'Aug 15 2005, 08:31 AM\']It's not like it'll be the end of the world, just look at Price fans.... oh wait, if it was first run, it would be the end of the world for certain people.
[snapback]94188[/snapback]
[/quote]
I said:
Not on this board.
[quote name=\'bandit_bobby\' date=\'Aug 15 2005, 09:04 AM\']Thank goodness I downloaded a clip of the said incident from one of the GoldenRoad.net message boards a few months ago.
[/quote]
OK. Bad example

[quote name=\'MSTieScott\' date=\'Aug 15 2005, 03:53 PM\']I'm kind of glad that the Flip Flop incident was preempted again. The last thing the show needs is for audience members to realize that they can push the large red button for an automatic win. I'm surprised they chose to rerun the episode at all.[/quote]
You're giving people way too much credit.

You truly expect anybody to notice (or care) and expect they can get away with this if they tried it based on what they saw on TV?

Did that Shell Game incident from about 20 years ago encourage future contestants to look under the shell?

If anything, Bob shouldn't allow contestants to reveal anything on any pricing game. He does it too much as it is. They should never touch anything.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2005, 05:54:52 PM by cmjb13 »
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Quick Programing Note
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2005, 10:10:37 PM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Aug 15 2005, 04:51 PM\']Did that Shell Game incident from about 20 years ago encourage future contestants to look under the shell?
[/quote]
Perhaps most people know better.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

NickintheATL

• Husband of snowpeck
Quick Programing Note
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2005, 10:52:18 PM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' date=\'Aug 15 2005, 10:10 PM\'][quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Aug 15 2005, 04:51 PM\']Did that Shell Game incident from about 20 years ago encourage future contestants to look under the shell?
[/quote]
Perhaps most people know better.
[/quote]

Especially since Bob says during the rules description, "You must place a chip beside the shell that has the ball under it."  Only an idiot would misinterpret that.