Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Wheel to Spin Faster  (Read 5859 times)

zachhoran

Wheel to Spin Faster
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2005, 07:33:25 AM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Aug 18 2005, 06:10 AM\'][quote name=\'Craig Karlberg\' date=\'Aug 18 2005, 03:31 AM\']ISTR those days when there were only 5 or 6 puzzles played in a half-hour show

[snapback]94452[/snapback]
[/quote]

What was the average during the shopping era.

[snapback]94455[/snapback]
[/quote]

The norm was three maingame puzzles and a bonus round(in the bonus round era). Occasionally four maingame puzzles would be played, and I remember five on one or two occasions. I suspect in the Woolery era, most of which had no bonus round(only the hour long and Star Bonus experiments did), they might have more often had time for a fourth maingame puzzle or once in a while five, even if the last round had to be a speed up round for a gift certificate.

bellbm

Wheel to Spin Faster
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2005, 11:38:38 AM »
[

Sounds like the banter between Pat & Vanna at the end will be gone, since the bonus round will be coming later into the program.  I'm sure we'll see, "You've won $52,000 in cash, thanks for joining us, see you next time."

I think that may alienate long time viewers who enjoy getting some insight into Pat & Vanna's lives.

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
Wheel to Spin Faster
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2005, 11:51:34 AM »
I think that may alienate long time viewers who enjoy getting some insight into Pat & Vanna's lives.

Hey, I like the banter, but...insight? Insight?!?

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Wheel to Spin Faster
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2005, 12:02:23 PM »
I sit on the fence for this one.  On "$100,000 Pyramid," it's nice to come out of the break after a big win, and have Dick say "You've won $10,000, you're going to be back tomorrow, our outgoing champ won $14,450, and a trip, and we'll see our celebrities back again too..."

And I can even dig it on the Feud, but on Wheel of Fortune, they spend a couple of minutes doing some stupid shtick, all the while the champion is waiting in the wings for the theme song to crank up.  If they did that final act WITH the champ, I could buy it.  But I would rather see Vanna join Pat and the winner, and have them close from the bonus round.
If you didn’t create it, it isn’t your content.

sshuffield70

Wheel to Spin Faster
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2005, 12:39:58 PM »
Actually, I don't think that's what was meant.

There is a long pause later on in the show.  By splitting it up, obviously it won't be as long, and won't jack with the order (including the close).

Ian Wallis

Wheel to Spin Faster
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2005, 01:32:18 PM »
The norm was three maingame puzzles and a bonus round(in the bonus round era). Occasionally four maingame puzzles would be played, and I remember five on one or two occasions.

I can remember a few during the first couple of syndicated seasons where they'd come back for the third round, the times up signal would go and Pat would do the final spin of the day.  One chance to hit $5000.  I guess it would have been anti-climatic if they'd never even gotten to that round, wouldn't it?
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

Steve McClellan

Wheel to Spin Faster
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2005, 01:47:34 AM »
Just in case there's any confusion remaining, Pat and Vanna do indeed still banter in the upcoming season.

uncamark

Wheel to Spin Faster
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2005, 06:04:23 PM »
[quote name=\'Steve McClellan\' date=\'Aug 19 2005, 12:47 AM\']Just in case there's any confusion remaining, Pat and Vanna do indeed still banter in the upcoming season.
[snapback]94605[/snapback]
[/quote]

So that's what they call it over at the Spice Channel.  :)