Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Tonight's (8/17) WML? Live On Stage  (Read 2959 times)

Matt Ottinger

Tonight's (8/17) WML? Live On Stage
« on: August 18, 2005, 02:40:20 AM »
At least a dozen members of this forum (including J Keith, of course) were at the ACME Theatre tonight for JK's What's My Line? stage show.  As far as I could tell, everybody had a terrific time including several who'd been there multiple times.

I'll post more later, but I just wanted to say two things quickly.  One, this is something I wanted to see since I heard they were doing it almost a year ago, and despite high expectations, I had an absolute blast.  Two, I was really happy to see so many of you in person, including a few I'd known electronically for almost a decade, but had never met face to face.  Most, of course, are in town for the GSC which I'm sure we'll be talking more about later here in the Forum.

By the way, all four panelists had game show experience, including the still-delightful Teresa Ganzel, and the Mystery Guest was Ed Asner, who briefly talked about his own game show experiences.  Also, the challengers in one game were three writers for Jeopardy, who were happy to chat with some of us in the lobby afterwards.  J Keith knew he was going to have a game show-savvy audience tonight, and he knew how to play into our interests.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2005, 11:08:20 AM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' date=\'Aug 18 2005, 01:40 AM\']One, this is something I wanted to see since I heard they were doing it almost a year ago, and despite high expectations, I had an absolute blast.  Two, I was really happy to see so many of you in person, including a few I'd known electronically for almost a decade, but had never met face to face.  Most, of course, are in town for the GSC which I'm sure we'll be talking more about later here in the Forum.
[snapback]94450[/snapback]
[/quote]
I'll second that emotion.  I'm really glad I was able to rearrange my travel plans so that I would be able to see this show.

As far as I understand, they're booked through at least November, so if you're coming out to L.A., please come join them.

It was a pleasure meeting you too, Matt (I've now run into about ten other forum members over the course of this trip so far--likewise a pleasure meeting y'all as well).

Doug -- broadcasting remotely
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2005, 11:24:43 PM »
[quote name=\'SRIV94\' date=\'Aug 20 2005, 11:08 AM\'][quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' date=\'Aug 18 2005, 01:40 AM\']One, this is something I wanted to see since I heard they were doing it almost a year ago, and despite high expectations, I had an absolute blast.  Two, I was really happy to see so many of you in person, including a few I'd known electronically for almost a decade, but had never met face to face.  Most, of course, are in town for the GSC which I'm sure we'll be talking more about later here in the Forum.
[snapback]94450[/snapback]
[/quote]
I'll second that emotion.  I'm really glad I was able to rearrange my travel plans so that I would be able to see this show.

As far as I understand, they're booked through at least November, so if you're coming out to L.A., please come join them.[/quote]
What Matt and Doug said.  I am very thankful I could see the show last Wednesday night.  If you are anywhere near LA, go.  WML was a superb start to an excellent trip.

Mike, finally home