Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "Davidson's News Theme" orchestra version added!  (Read 5441 times)

kidsplash

"Davidson's News Theme" orchestra version added!
« on: August 28, 2005, 12:20:34 AM »
I apologized for the long delay but I had a lot to do. Anyway, finally, here's the orchestra version of "Davidson's News Theme" (MIDI).

"Davidson's News Theme" orchestra version (MIDI)

Hope ya likes it!

Gus

« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2005, 03:27:57 AM »
Once again, whichever program you use to create these somehow didn't apply the instruments you asked it to apply to the MIDI file, causing all the tracks to revert to the default, #001 - Acoustic Grand Piano. Once the file was on my end, I was able to tell which instruments were desired for each track based on the track description, and used my own MIDI editing program to apply them. The result: sounds great! But I'm guessing most people here won't be able to do that, so you really should figure out what's causing the problem.

One question: Do you actually listen to the output MIDI file in Winamp or something before you upload it? Or do you just listen to the source file in whatever program you use to create these and not the resulting MIDI?

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2005, 03:48:23 AM »
[quote name=\'Gus\' date=\'Aug 28 2005, 12:27 AM\']Once again, whichever program you use to create these somehow didn't apply the instruments you asked it to apply to the MIDI file, causing all the tracks to revert to the default, #001 - Acoustic Grand Piano.
[/quote]
He's been told this a billion times, and he still makes no effort to do them correctly. I doubt this time will be any different.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2005, 04:29:09 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Aug 28 2005, 02:48 AM\']He's been told this a billion times, and he still makes no effort to do them correctly. I doubt this time will be any different.
[/quote]
Furthermore, I fail to see the relevancy.  But that might just be me.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

kidsplash

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2005, 02:20:48 PM »
Well, that's your loss.

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2005, 02:32:58 PM »
[quote name=\'kidsplash\' date=\'Aug 28 2005, 02:20 PM\']Well, that's your loss.
[snapback]95296[/snapback]
[/quote]

No, it isn't.  They're not "losing" anything.

For cripe's sake...if you're gonna post comebacks, at least try to have them make sense.

TalkingHeadsFan

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2005, 03:15:08 PM »
The only reason we're "losing out" is because time and time again, the MIDI's don't sound right.

Doug

BrandonFG

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2005, 03:30:29 PM »
[quote name=\'kidsplash\' date=\'Aug 28 2005, 01:20 PM\']Well, that's your loss.
[snapback]95296[/snapback]
[/quote]
Umm, some of the people are actually offering constructive criticism and advice. Instead of acting arrogant and snide, maybe you should take the info, or not post anything.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

kidsplash

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2005, 04:27:03 PM »
There's not very much I can do about it. They should get a better MIDI driver or something like that or better yet, use a MIDI sequencing program to make it sound right. That's the only advice I can give you. If not, you're on your own.

Kevin Prather

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2005, 04:39:45 PM »
Stop. Just stop.

TalkingHeadsFan

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2005, 04:42:45 PM »
Here's a 15-minute creation I just...created to soothe all...

http://media.putfile.com/ComeOnDown3

Doug
« Last Edit: August 28, 2005, 07:39:10 PM by TalkingHeadsFan »

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2005, 06:18:34 PM »
May I translate?
[quote name=\'kidsplash\' date=\'Aug 28 2005, 01:27 PM\']There's not very much I can do about it.
[/quote]
"I don't know what the hell I am doing..."
They should get a better MIDI driver or something like that
"...and since I refuse to adhere to a standard..."
or better yet, use a MIDI sequencing program to make it sound right.
"...everyone should change from the accepted standard to accomodate me."
That's the only advice I can give you.
And it was worth every cent I paid for it.
If not, you're on your own.
Alright, chief. You're being told your midis are flat BROKEN. We are not asking what's wrong with OUR systems, because we can all play, like, every other freakin' midi on the planet. The problem is with YOU, not US.

(Trust me on this. I'm looking at the file in Anvil Studio, and every single one of the FIFTY-FIVE tracks (which, by the way, you could have boiled down into NINE if you knew what you were doing), despite your name changes, is assigned Acoustic Grand.)

So if you don't want to (or can't) fix your broken midis, great, that's fine, you can keep on keepin' on, and we'll keep thinking you're clueless. But if you want to cop an attitude about it, despite the fact that we're telling you conclusively that YOU have the problem, not US, then you move out of "clueless" territory, and firmly into "idiot".

(Download Anvil Studio. I beg you. And also please figure out that FIFTEEN TRACKS of trumpets aren't necessary, particularly when exactly two tracks of them are playing at any one time.)

(And then download Doug's file. THAT is a man who knows how to make midis.)
« Last Edit: August 28, 2005, 06:26:44 PM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

FOXSportsFan

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2005, 02:33:42 AM »
[quote name=\'TalkingHeadsFan\' date=\'Aug 28 2005, 03:42 PM\']Here's a 15-minute creation I just...created to soothe all...

http://media.putfile.com/ComeOnDown3

Doug
[snapback]95308[/snapback]
[/quote]

Very solid for time put into it!  Sort of mariachi esque sounding too, which I like.

Clay Zambo

« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2005, 07:35:09 AM »
[quote name=\'kidsplash\' date=\'Aug 27 2005, 11:20 PM\']I apologized for the long delay but I had a lot to do. Anyway, finally, here's the orchestra version of "Davidson's News Theme" (MIDI).
[snapback]95264[/snapback]
[/quote]

It's very nice, but I admit I'm a little confused:  the arrangement I'm hearing is piano/bass/drums.  Are there sounds I'm missing?

And--more important--what is this piece?
czambo@mac.com

TalkingHeadsFan

« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2005, 10:00:50 AM »
All the arrangements of the MIDI's on his site only have piano/bass/drums, but when you open them in a MIDI editor, he titles all the tracks to the instrument patch they SHOULD be. So if you feel like reconfiguring every single track to their appropriate patch, have fun!