Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Season Premieres?  (Read 4211 times)

tvmitch

Season Premieres?
« on: September 05, 2005, 12:50:53 PM »
Just looking for a quick reference thread to be created of the season premieres of all the new games this fall. I know this information might be posted elsewhere, but it will be nice to have it all in one place.

Specifically: Millionaire, Wheel, J!, TPiR, Feud, and The Amazing Race come to mind, but if there are any other premieres, let's see 'em! Thanks!
You should follow me on Twitter

TravisP

Season Premieres?
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2005, 01:26:09 PM »
UK game show wise there is the 18th series (Count em') of Millionaire coming up which is set for 17th September, starting with a celebrity special which is being recorded tonight. Also starting on 17th September is 'Ant & Dec's Game Show Marathon' which they are reviving seven game shows (one a week) to celebrate 50 years of ITV. According to the promo the revivals will include Bullseye, Play Your Cards Right & Family Fortunes.

There is also Cash Cab which returned today to daytime for ten shows. While Weakest Link don't have a season premiere as they mixes new episodes throughout the year with repeats. Also Brainteaser is on all the time without a break. Countdown is slotted to return in October but not fully confirmed.

BBC show wise there is only University Challenge which returns for a proper series on 19th September, once the professional series has wrapped up. Winning Lines is rumoured to return on 22nd October when In It To Win It ends their run, but nothing is in concrete.

Oh and there is Deal Or No Deal but as with Countdown nothing is fully confirmed yet.

MarkBarrett

Season Premieres?
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2005, 01:26:19 PM »
[quote name=\'mitchgroff\' date=\'Sep 5 2005, 11:50 AM\']Just looking for a quick reference thread to be created of the season premieres of all the new games this fall. I know this information might be posted elsewhere, but it will be nice to have it all in one place.

Specifically: Millionaire, Wheel, J!, TPiR, Feud, and The Amazing Race come to mind, but if there are any other premieres, let's see 'em! Thanks!
[snapback]95836[/snapback]
[/quote]

I'll take a shot at this and if I'm wrong I'm sure I'll hear about it.

Jeopardy! September 12th
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire September 12th
The Amazing Race September 27th
The Price Is Right September 19th
Family Feud September 5th
Wheel Of Fortune September 12th

MikeK

• Martha!
Season Premieres?
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2005, 01:58:20 PM »
[quote name=\'MarkBarrett\' date=\'Sep 5 2005, 01:26 PM\']Family Feud September 5th[/quote]
Feud's the 12th as well.

TravisP

Season Premieres?
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2005, 05:22:14 PM »
Scratch what I said about Winning Lines returning as the BBC has announced a sixth series of Jet Set to return on 22nd October. Meaning due to X-Factor using the same studio, Winning Lines might have the axe or has been pushed to January 2006.

WhammyPower

Season Premieres?
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2005, 07:28:54 PM »
I just realized this.... This is the first time in my lifetime that all of the new season broadcast game shows in my market are on the same affiliate.  (WDJT, CBS-58 Milwaukee)

EDIT: At least until DonD and/or Super Millionaire come back.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2005, 07:30:55 PM by WhammyPower »

tvmitch

Season Premieres?
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2005, 07:56:39 PM »
Ah. For the days of Super Millionaire. There's always hope!
You should follow me on Twitter

remlap

Season Premieres?
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2005, 12:31:44 PM »
[quote name=\'TravisP\' date=\'Sep 5 2005, 06:26 PM\']Also starting on 17th September is 'Ant & Dec's Game Show Marathon' which they are reviving seven game shows (one a week) to celebrate 50 years of ITV. According to the promo the revivals will include Bullseye, Play Your Cards Right & Family Fortunes.
[snapback]95837[/snapback]
[/quote]

Just checked the radio times, and its time table for ITV London is saying "To Be Announced" most of the night only thing listed in the News and Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?

Knowing ITV they will have a schedule reshuffle before then anyway they are that bad.

Edit they have run a promo on air have they hmm, see how intrested I am in ITV these days.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2005, 12:35:13 PM by remlap »

uncamark

Season Premieres?
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2005, 04:28:31 PM »
[quote name=\'remlap\' date=\'Sep 6 2005, 11:31 AM\'][quote name=\'TravisP\' date=\'Sep 5 2005, 06:26 PM\']Also starting on 17th September is 'Ant & Dec's Game Show Marathon' which they are reviving seven game shows (one a week) to celebrate 50 years of ITV. According to the promo the revivals will include Bullseye, Play Your Cards Right & Family Fortunes.
[/quote]

Just checked the radio times, and its time table for ITV London is saying "To Be Announced" most of the night only thing listed in the News and Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?

Knowing ITV they will have a schedule reshuffle before then anyway they are that bad.

Edit they have run a promo on air have they hmm, see how intrested I am in ITV these days.
[snapback]95933[/snapback]
[/quote]

According to Granada Entertainment's web site, the tape dates are spread out through September and October, so I assume the week will air in November.

Some of you will be unhappy to hear that it seems that all of these shows will be celeb editions (that is, Brit C-list celebs).

remlap

Season Premieres?
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2005, 06:14:41 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Sep 6 2005, 09:28 PM\'][quote name=\'remlap\' date=\'Sep 6 2005, 11:31 AM\'][quote name=\'TravisP\' date=\'Sep 5 2005, 06:26 PM\']Also starting on 17th September is 'Ant & Dec's Game Show Marathon' which they are reviving seven game shows (one a week) to celebrate 50 years of ITV. According to the promo the revivals will include Bullseye, Play Your Cards Right & Family Fortunes.
[/quote]

[snapback]95933[/snapback]
[/quote]

According to Granada Entertainment's web site, the tape dates are spread out through September and October, so I assume the week will air in November.

Some of you will be unhappy to hear that it seems that all of these shows will be celeb editions (that is, Brit C-list celebs).
[snapback]95956[/snapback]
[/quote]

The C-list celebs rumour really makes me sad, god I hate Granada.

Also by the looks of things alot of the tapings are on a Saturday which makes me think the 22/9 and 4/10 will be recorded and the rest will be going out live.

Possibly one of the two not taping on a Saturday will be The Price Is Right, but seeing it is Granada doing the shows and Ant and Dec hosting and Granada might be using C-list celebs, ive been emailing ITV for sometime and none of them have replied and only today I get this url and of someone in America! see how ITV care for their viewers, theres no chance im going to taping now, how much I wanted to I wanted to organise a group!

And then to top it of the site doesnt even bloody say which show you would be attending.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2005, 06:18:21 PM by remlap »

remlap

Season Premieres?
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2005, 06:56:15 AM »
Well ITV has confirmed the show they are going to be showing

As part of ITV's 50th anniversary celebrations, the Geordie duo present this new series which sees them resurrect a classic TV quiz every week, complete with the original sets and the all-important catchphrases. Shows to look forward to over the coming weeks include Bullseye, Play Your Cards Right, Sale of the Century and Family Fortunes - but first up is The Price Is Right, with an audience of famous faces hoping they'll be the ones asked to `Come on down' and play for charity

Im still depressed I didnt get to see a taping of any of them :-/ fully booked now.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2005, 06:56:33 AM by remlap »

uncamark

Season Premieres?
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2005, 02:34:19 PM »
The first one airs Saturday night--it's "TPIR."

The following Saturday, it's "Take Your Pick"--the show parodied in the Python sketch where a Pepperpot plays for a bump on the head and John Cleese as host Michael Miles does a maniacally smiling fish.

I'm wondering if they're going to have a live studio organist for "Take Your Pick," if it's all about recreating the original shows--sort of.