Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: For your shopping pleasure...  (Read 4876 times)

catkins522

For your shopping pleasure...
« on: October 01, 2005, 06:48:46 AM »
It's not Password...but it is!

This...is...Jeopardy!

Charles Atkins
-----------

Bigger and better....in HD!!!!

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2005, 12:11:47 PM »
[quote name=\'catkins522\' date=\'Oct 1 2005, 06:48 AM\']It's not Password...but it is![/quote]
Well, I guess that beats, "It's LESS than Password...it's Password for Kids!"

Educational Password was released three different times with identical content packaged in different box art.  The one they're selling was the original.  The game is designed so that kids don't have to come up with their own clues, they just respond to the clues that are provided.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

WhammyPower

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2005, 08:47:40 AM »
A few more that are actually from eBay....

It's high school's favorite drawing game: "Teen Win, Lose, or Draw!"
Hmm... GSN launch pins (And no, they're not from the '04 rebrand)
Let's hope you can Strike it Rich with this auction.

BANZAI!!!
Wink Martindale's Deck of Cards (No, it has nothing to do with Gambit)
A Price is Right 25th Anniversary jacket
Here's some mountain climbing music
A UK Blockbusters CARD game?
« Last Edit: October 02, 2005, 09:46:43 AM by WhammyPower »

cmjb13

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2005, 08:58:47 AM »
I guess it would be cheaper to steal, but...

An actual check from the Check Game
« Last Edit: October 02, 2005, 09:00:19 AM by cmjb13 »
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2005, 11:25:08 AM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Oct 2 2005, 08:58 AM\']I guess it would be cheaper to steal, but...[/quote]
In truth, most things are.

The check is up to $175.  Meanwhile, I'm amused by the Cliffhangers listing.  An album of yodelling songs, marketed by the seller  to TPIR fans because of the one track.  Can anyone confirm that this is, in fact, the source of the cue?
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

davemackey

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2005, 11:53:04 AM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' date=\'Oct 2 2005, 11:25 AM\'][quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Oct 2 2005, 08:58 AM\']I guess it would be cheaper to steal, but...[/quote]
In truth, most things are.

The check is up to $175.  Meanwhile, I'm amused by the Cliffhangers listing.  An album of yodelling songs, marketed by the seller  to TPIR fans because of the one track.  Can anyone confirm that this is, in fact, the source of the cue?
[snapback]98325[/snapback]
[/quote]
Oh, you mean this? Same album, less Price hype. And maybe you can get it cheaper.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2005, 02:40:53 PM »
[quote name=\'WhammyPower\' date=\'Oct 2 2005, 05:47 AM\']Here's some mountain climbing music
[/quote]
From this auction:
This is MY favorite game on The Price Is Right!!!!

Did you see the episode in the 2004-2005 season in which the vapid college student guessed a total of $91.00 for an $18.00 toothbrush? I think SHE should have fallen over the cliff!!
Am I the only one who totally had a GSWitch moment when I read this? All it needed was an idiotic (LOL!!!) at the end...
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2005, 02:59:05 PM »
By my count, cut 11 is "The Seven Boys". Is that the Cliffhangers tune?

Kevin Prather

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2005, 03:25:43 PM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Oct 2 2005, 05:58 AM\']I guess it would be cheaper to steal, but...

An actual check from the Check Game
[snapback]98319[/snapback]
[/quote]

What the...

The first bidder opened for $20. The second bidder bid $100...and then the second bidder upped his bid to $175 for no reason! Am I missing something here?

clemon79

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2005, 04:31:53 PM »
[quote name=\'whoserman\' date=\'Oct 2 2005, 12:25 PM\']The first bidder opened for $20. The second bidder bid $100...and then the second bidder upped his bid to $175 for no reason! Am I missing something here?
[/quote]
Shill bidding, or the guy who posted it set a reserve higher than $100.

I wonder how the TPiR folks feel about someone Ebaying a blank Check Game check that was quite clearly "borrowed" from the set, seeing as one that came into a civilian's hands through normal means would have writing on it.

And if it IS a legit bidder, I hope he reads this forum so I can say: you, sir, are an idiot, and I have some Plinko chips I'll sell you (they only LOOK like painted Altoid cans; I'll be happy to provide a certificate of authenticity) for only $100 per.

Ian Wallis

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2005, 04:43:09 PM »
GSN launch pins (And no, they're not from the '04 rebrand)

I'm lucky enough to have one of those pins.  Shortly after GSN went on the air, Steve Day and Laura Chambers put out a request to have viewers call in during one of their "Club AM" segments.  I called, and they spoke to me on the air for 3 minutes, and sent me an autographed card and a pin as a way of saying thank you.  It was a nice thing for a new network to do!
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

BrandonFG

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2005, 04:51:22 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Oct 2 2005, 03:31 PM\']And if it IS a legit bidder, I hope he reads this forum so I can say: you, sir, are an idiot, and I have some Plinko chips I'll sell you (they only LOOK like painted Altoid cans; I'll be happy to provide a certificate of authenticity) for only $100 per.
[snapback]98351[/snapback]
[/quote]

Sold! Is Roosevelt still on the $100 bill?
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

cmjb13

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2005, 06:22:16 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Oct 2 2005, 04:31 PM\']I wonder how the TPiR folks feel about someone Ebaying a blank Check Game check that was quite clearly "borrowed" from the set, seeing as one that came into a civilian's hands through normal means would have writing on it.
[snapback]98351[/snapback]
[/quote]
Looking at the bidder's history, it's the 2nd check selling in 4 months.

Logic would say since the check says 19__ rather than 20__, that it was obtained more than 5 years ago. It's possible these could have turned up in storage.

I'd accept at face value that if the seller had one, it could possibly had been a gift that they decided to part with.

I doubt they were given 2. I guess we'll see if a 3rd one will be posted.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2005, 06:44:43 PM by cmjb13 »
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

clemon79

« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2005, 07:17:51 PM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Oct 2 2005, 03:22 PM\']Looking at the bidder's history, it's the 2nd check selling in 4 months.

Logic would say since the check says 19__ rather than 20__, that it was obtained more than 5 years ago. It's possible these could have turned up in storage.

I'd accept at face value that if the seller had one, it could possibly had been a gift that they decided to part with.

I doubt they were given 2. I guess we'll see if a 3rd one will be posted.
[snapback]98360[/snapback]
[/quote]
Yeah, I should qualify that it's entirely possible that they came into possession of the check through completely legitimate means. Even at that, if a stack of them WAS laying around the office and someone said "Ah, take 'em if you want", the concept of Ebaying something like that, while I realize it's totally legal, strikes me as a little slimy. During my time at Atari I was gifted quite a few of their products, and it wouldn't feel right to sell one, even now.

TalkingHeadsFan

« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2005, 08:45:35 PM »
Yes, the Cliffhangers cue is from that album, and it's titled "On The Franches Mountains"

Doug