Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Feud 94  (Read 4311 times)

golden-road

Feud 94
« on: October 17, 2005, 11:50:38 PM »
I know that CG was used for the home viewers, and the folks in the studio played off the "Fast Money" side. My question is this: As far as anyone knows, was the entire game board (the entire trilon) intact, or did they remove the other two sides?

BrandonFG

Feud 94
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2005, 01:07:05 AM »
I'm pretty sure it was just the Ferranti board. Come to think of it, I don't even think the glass brick wall would be sturdy enough to hold that big trilon.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Feud 94
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2005, 01:22:25 AM »
[quote name=\'golden-road\' date=\'Oct 17 2005, 08:50 PM\']I know that CG was used for the home viewers, and the folks in the studio played off the "Fast Money" side. My question is this: As far as anyone knows, was the entire game board (the entire trilon) intact, or did they remove the other two sides?
[snapback]99802[/snapback]
[/quote]
Okay, think about this for a moment: Why do you think they would take that HUGE FREAKIN' BULKY set element with them on their road shows in the Combs era?

(Hint: The correct answer is: they wouldn't.)

So, knowing that G/T was in fact, at the minimum, in the possession of a far more portable Ferranti board, and that it really would be childs play to dismantle the trilon if they DID want to use the one installed in the Combs set, I simply must know how you even WONDER this. There is just NO REASON for it to be so.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

dmota104

Feud 94
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2005, 09:50:53 AM »
During an episode the week American Gladiators' men played against the women, for a brief moment, the "CG" board didn't cover what was on the Ferranti board.

A similar instance occured when E! shot footage of "the bankroll game"  for an E! News report on Dawson's return -- which, of course, later ended up being included on their True Hollywood Story about FF.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2005, 09:53:19 AM by dmota104 »

The Pyramids

Feud 94
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2005, 06:25:38 PM »
Maybe we  will see the Halloween show again on GSN the week after next.

ChuckNet

Feud 94
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2005, 08:33:10 PM »
During an episode the week American Gladiators' men played against the women, for a brief moment, the "CG" board didn't cover what was on the Ferranti board

There were quite a few instances of this during the 94-95 season, IIRC.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

FOXSportsFan

Feud 94
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2005, 08:37:03 PM »
I guess that goes with new fangled '90s technology though.

musicman

Feud 94
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2005, 10:01:22 PM »
[quote name=\'PaulD\' date=\'Oct 18 2005, 05:25 PM\']Maybe we  will see the Halloween show again on GSN the week after next.
[snapback]99852[/snapback]
[/quote]

I don't know... last year might've simply been a 10th anniversary deal for that show, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
Feud 94
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2005, 10:30:58 PM »
it really would be childs play to dismantle the trilon if they DID want to use the one installed in the Combs set
What makes you think it would be easy to dismantle?

My guess is that a special FP board was built for the road.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Feud 94
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2005, 03:10:17 AM »
[quote name=\'chris319\' date=\'Oct 18 2005, 07:30 PM\']What makes you think it would be easy to dismantle?

My guess is that a special FP board was built for the road.
[snapback]99870[/snapback]
[/quote]
So's mine. I'm saying that, once the Combs version left the air, there would have been no point in keeping that humongous trilon piece together, and it would have been easy to cannibalize the F-P board out of it for use in another application (as it happens, the 1994 show).
« Last Edit: October 19, 2005, 03:10:58 AM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

bclark71

Feud 94
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2005, 04:30:00 PM »
What I'm missing is, are we sure that the "road board" is one and the same as the 1994 board?  

I know that the Dawson 94 set seemed smaller.  Maybe the Combs FP wouldn't have even fit in the 94 set's "trilon hole."

In either case, I find this set stuff fascinating.

tvrandywest

Feud 94
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2005, 04:41:36 PM »
I don't know whether it was ever taken on road trips, but the FP board did have a custom built wooden crate with wheels to protect it. The board was suspended from hardware at the top of the crate, and was placed in backwards (display facing the rear / the back of the electronics facing out). While it has long been retired, it is still stored in that crate.

Randy
tvrandywest.com
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com