Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "The Ultimate TV Game Show Book"  (Read 3626 times)

Mrs. GameShow

"The Ultimate TV Game Show Book"
« on: October 31, 2005, 04:49:38 PM »
Just curious...

Has anyone purchased the corrected version of "The Ultimate TV Game Show Book?"  If so, what do you think?  

Mrs. Game Show

P.S.  Steve also has a puzzle featured in the November issue of Nickelodeon magazine (Harry Potter on the cover).  The puzzle is called "A Crumby Maze "on page 99.   Steve's latest puzzle book, "Clever Lunchbox Puzzles" has also just been released.  It's a follow-up to "Lunchbox Puzzles."  [/b]It's a great puzzle book for kids.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2005, 04:50:29 PM by Mrs. GameShow »

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2005, 05:17:03 PM »
[quote name=\'Mrs. GameShow\' date=\'Oct 31 2005, 01:49 PM\']Has anyone purchased the corrected version of "The Ultimate TV Game Show Book?"  If so, what do you think? 
[snapback]100882[/snapback]
[/quote]
So they DID do a second corrected printing?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Mrs. GameShow

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2005, 06:04:10 PM »
Yes, they did do a reprint of the book.  I have a copy of the corrected one sitting on my desk.  :)

tvwxman

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2005, 06:57:54 PM »
[quote name=\'Mrs. GameShow\' date=\'Oct 31 2005, 06:04 PM\']Yes, they did do a reprint of the book.  I have a copy of the corrected one sitting on my desk.  :)
[snapback]100890[/snapback]
[/quote]

Wow.

If this is true (and there's no reason to doubt Mrs.GS), how many of us called that card wrong? I'm raising my hand.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2005, 07:07:37 PM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' date=\'Oct 31 2005, 03:57 PM\']If this is true (and there's no reason to doubt Mrs.GS), how many of us called that card wrong? I'm raising my hand.
[snapback]100896[/snapback]
[/quote]
I didn't think they would, either. Mind you, I'm very glad they did, and I might even be sufficiently inspired to pick up a copy, seeing as people here whose opinions I respect have proclaimed the book to be excellent. I was not gonna pay for a faulty book.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

alfonzos

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2005, 12:26:36 AM »
I bought the cheapest one I could find from a bookseller at Amazon.com. It was one of the first edition misprints so I sent it back for a refund. One picture was repeated and several pictures were cropped badly.

I probably would have returned a corrected copy anyway. The text was disappointly bland. Most of the threads from this board would have made better reading.

A couple of the pictures were interesting: I had forgotten how gaudy the bonus area for Baffle was. The bus trip to Pittsburgh for TPIR was good for a laugh.
Other than that..eh.
A Cliff Saber Production
email address: alfonzos@aol.com
Boardgame Geek user name: alfonzos