Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Shameless self-promotion  (Read 3859 times)

beatlefreak84

Shameless self-promotion
« on: November 15, 2005, 10:04:29 PM »
Hello all,

Well, in the midst of grad school and exams, I completely forgot to mention a game show-related event that will be happening in my life this week:

Tomorrow, I'm flying to LA to live out one of my dreams:  I'm going to be a contestant on WOF!  :)

I've been practicing for a while; hopefully, I won't disappoint you all on the show!  All I ask is you keep some appendages crossed for me...I'd love to be able to have a good chunk of change to show for my efforts!  :)

I'll be happy to share any non-gameplay-related details upon my return!  :)

Hoping to spin my way to thousands of dollars,

Anthony
You have da Arm-ee and da Leg-ee!

Temptation Dollars:  the only accepted currency for Lots of Love™

BrandonFG

Shameless self-promotion
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2005, 10:34:24 PM »
Congratulations, man and good luck! Is it too soon to know when your ep. would air?
« Last Edit: November 15, 2005, 10:34:57 PM by fostergray82 »
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

beatlefreak84

Shameless self-promotion
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2005, 11:03:14 PM »
I wish I knew when it would air right now; sure!  They told me over the phone that they should have the air date for me once I'm done taping; my hope is that I'll be able to share that with y'all once I get back from the trip (end of this week).

Thanks for the luck wishes; I can certainly use them!  :)

Anthony
You have da Arm-ee and da Leg-ee!

Temptation Dollars:  the only accepted currency for Lots of Love™

sshuffield70

Shameless self-promotion
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2005, 12:23:40 AM »
On a related note, our own Dave Benedict will be on the November 28 WOF (taped October 6th).  I dunno if it means a damn thing, but that day is still a sweeps day.

Robert Hutchinson

Shameless self-promotion
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2005, 12:30:35 AM »
As long as you don't take any wild guesses at consonants when there are obvious vowels available, you'll do us proud, I'm sure.
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

Strikerz04

• The Money Will be Spent
Shameless self-promotion
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2005, 12:45:08 AM »
[quote name=\'sshuffield70\' date=\'Nov 16 2005, 12:23 AM\']On a related note, our own Dave Benedict will be on the November 28 WOF (taped October 6th).  I dunno if it means a damn thing, but that day is still a sweeps day.
[snapback]102334[/snapback]
[/quote]

Good luck, and you'll do fine. Take it from me, once the toss ups are gone, you soon become 'at ease'.

And damn, its only 11 days left. Eeep.

Craig Karlberg

Shameless self-promotion
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2005, 04:19:52 AM »
Good luck Anthony!  And just for appearing, Sony's giving you at least $1K.  The rest is chump change really.

cmjb13

Shameless self-promotion
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2005, 06:56:38 AM »
[quote name=\'beatlefreak84\' date=\'Nov 15 2005, 11:03 PM\']I wish I knew when it would air right now; sure!  They told me over the phone that they should have the air date for me once I'm done taping; my hope is that I'll be able to share that with y'all once I get back from the trip (end of this week).

Thanks for the luck wishes; I can certainly use them!  :)

Anthony
[snapback]102330[/snapback]
[/quote]
They taped 6 shows 2 weeks ago. The first 5 air the 1st week in January, and the 6th airs in Mid-April.

Assuming they air in order, the first 5 will be 2nd week in January, and the 6th in Mid-April.

And you'll know when it airs before the show begins when Charlie reads the production slate.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2005, 10:45:21 AM by cmjb13 »
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS