Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Dutch "Deal or No Deal" Eps. online!  (Read 7926 times)

J.R.

Dutch "Deal or No Deal" Eps. online!
« on: November 16, 2005, 07:18:17 AM »
If you go to this website http://www.talpa.tv/web/show/id=47822/progid=33 and click on the "Selecteer een Aflevering" menu, you can watch episodes of Dutch "Deal" in it's entirety!

(Note: The episode is chopped into three separate segments. When one segment ends, it automatically goes to the next segment. The entire episode is there, trust me.)

I would strongly suggest you click on the one dated "zo 13-11-05".

-Joe R.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2005, 07:35:08 AM by JRaygor »
-Joe Raygor

Monarx

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2005, 07:49:04 AM »
Is it a bad thing that I knew the last question of the Sectioned Off Three Questions Section without translation help? ;-)
The countdown to 100 ended awhile ago, why are you still here?

itiparanoid13

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2005, 10:57:32 AM »
Thanks to Joe, I've been watching this for several weeks now, and it's extremely fun and entertaining.  While I would have liked the quiz portion in the NBC version, I still enjoy the suitcase part greatly.  It's fun and exciting to me at least.  A bunch of us watched this at The Palace on Sunday, and we were all getting involved even though we didn't understand most of the stuff they were saying.  By the end, you get the general idea, Deal or No Deal.  Hopefully is has a great run on NBC and will get more than 5 shows.

Brig Bother

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2005, 12:13:58 PM »
I also heartily recommend Expeditie Robinson, which does all sorts of interesting things with the Expedition Robinson format.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2005, 12:14:41 PM »
Speaking of which, I remember someone mentioning here that there is a UK-based torrent site that has some UK game shows on it. While I would never download a television show over BitTorrent, because that would be illegal, I am still curious to know the URL of this site, so I can see what these unscrupulous people are offering.

(But, if you feel compelled to share this information, please do so off-list, unless our benevolent moderators give the okay to post it here. Because, you know, illegal.)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

uncamark

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2005, 12:32:08 PM »
[quote name=\'Brig Bother\' date=\'Nov 16 2005, 11:13 AM\']I also heartily recommend Expeditie Robinson, which does all sorts of interesting things with the Expedition Robinson format.
[snapback]102372[/snapback]
[/quote]

Which, of course, we know better as "Survivor."

Talpa is the new Dutch cable channel run by John DeMol, the ex-boss of Endemol (and yes, Linda DeMol's his sister).  The most publicized thing it's done so far is take over the original version of "Big Brother" and then have the pregnant contestant who is the first reality show contestant anywhere in the world to give birth while being a contestant.  (She left the house of her own accord after having the baby, complaining that the other housemates hated her.)

I also noticed that Talpa carries the Dutch version of "X Factor."  Considering that Fremantle's parent company owns the RTL channels, Talpa's biggest private competitors, rather sporting of Fremantle to give Talpa the license for that show.

mmb5

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2005, 01:07:02 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Nov 16 2005, 12:14 PM\']Speaking of which, I remember someone mentioning here that there is a UK-based torrent site that has some UK game shows on it. While I would never download a television show over BitTorrent, because that would be illegal, I am still curious to know the URL of this site, so I can see what these unscrupulous people are offering.

(But, if you feel compelled to share this information, please do so off-list, unless our benevolent moderators give the okay to post it here. Because, you know, illegal.)
[snapback]102373[/snapback]
[/quote]
The site, which is for informational purposes only, is uknova.com.  They have posted four episodes so far, which for novelty purposes I downloaded and for the mere purpose of testing my DVD burner then transferred onto several DVDs.  The DVD burner could use some more testing, mostly to make sure the DVDs work on machines other than my own.  And, of course, my DVD player should be tested for DVDs made from other models of DVD burners.

Of course, this is all hypothetical...

--Mike
Portions of this post not affecting the outcome have been edited or recreated.

Kevin Prather

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2005, 07:51:40 PM »
The only thing I don't like about Miljoenenjacht is the extensive qualifying round. It seems more elaborate than it needs to be.

After 3 questions, the one half of the audience with the highest score advances.

After 3 more questions, the highest scoring "vak," or group, of the winning half of the audience advances.

After 3 more questions, the highest scoring "blok," or block, of the winning vak advances.

From there, 5 people are randomly selected from that blok, and 1 person is selected at random from elsewhere in the audience.

Those 6 people then play a round similar to Pepsi's Play For a Billion. A player may ring in and accept one of 5 colored briefcases, which hold 2,000 euro to 22,000 euro, as a bailout. If not, a player is eliminated. (I think it's the low scorer in the preliminary games, but I'm not sure.)

Once the 6 are down to 2, the remaining 2 face off on one final question. The winner goes on to play Deal or No Deal.

All told, the qualifying round takes about a half hour to play.

That's an awful lot of trouble to go through just to determine the contestant. Plus it's unfair for people who did really well, but were surrounded by goombahs. I don't even know how they determine the twenty-five sub-players. Why don't they just do 5 or ten questions and have the highest scoring person play?
« Last Edit: November 16, 2005, 07:57:08 PM by whoserman »

Brig Bother

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2005, 03:52:18 AM »
The 6 to 1 bit:

Clues flash up on the screen. If you know what they're about, buzz in. If you're correct you get to secretly eliminate another contestant by pushing one of five yellow buttons on your desk (representing the five other players). When they've locked their choice in, everyone gets about five seconds to decide if they want to bail out or not and pick a suitcase, knowing that if they don't and they get eliminated then they walk away from the game with no prize and have to hope to beat the odds and guess the value of their case later.

The final two people face off in a temptation - if they want, one of them can bail out and take a very good mystery prize. But if nobody takes it then the winner is determined by a tough multiple choice buzzer question, and the mystery prize is given away to someone in the audience.

I think the five people chosen to play the 6-1 round were the five best from the winning block over the opening nine questions (and the sixth randomly chosen contestant), but I'm not sure.

The final 25 holding the briefcases is everyone from the winning blok plus the randomly selected person chosen to play in the 6-1 game. If somebody takes a temptation (although not, it seems, if they bail out of the 6-1 game) they are replaced by a random member of the audience.

For the uninitiated, when the player asks for a briefcase to be opened, the player holding the case can make a aguess as to what's inside. If they're correct, they win 1,000 Euros for each unopened case at the time (so there's still some quite big money to be won if you beat the odds).
« Last Edit: November 17, 2005, 06:36:16 AM by Brig Bother »

Craig Karlberg

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2005, 06:03:47 AM »
It looks intresting.  Couldn't understand what was said but when they went to the main focus of the game which are the suitcases, that's what picqued my intrests.  At least our version does away with the quizzing part.  Wonder how contestants are picked to go for the big bucks?

Don Howard

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2005, 10:29:42 AM »
That music when the ladies enter the stage with those briefcases is pulse-pounding. Hope they use that on the upcoming version seen on these shores.

cmjb13

« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2005, 10:45:13 AM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Nov 17 2005, 10:29 AM\']That music when the ladies enter the stage with those briefcases is pulse-pounding. Hope they use that on the upcoming version seen on these shores.
[snapback]102482[/snapback]
[/quote]
No
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

Don Howard

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2005, 10:46:28 AM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Nov 17 2005, 10:45 AM\'][quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Nov 17 2005, 10:29 AM\']That music when the ladies enter the stage with those briefcases is pulse-pounding. Hope they use that on the upcoming version seen on these shores.
[/quote]
No
[snapback]102485[/snapback]
[/quote]
Is it at least pulse-pounding?

cmjb13

« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2005, 10:56:21 AM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Nov 17 2005, 10:46 AM\'][quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Nov 17 2005, 10:45 AM\'][quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Nov 17 2005, 10:29 AM\']That music when the ladies enter the stage with those briefcases is pulse-pounding. Hope they use that on the upcoming version seen on these shores.
[/quote]
No
[/quote]
[snapback]102486[/snapback]
[/quote]
Not especially.

Think of the type of music that would be played at a strip club right before the 1st dancer hits the stage.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

Don Howard

« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2005, 12:00:23 PM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Nov 17 2005, 10:56 AM\'][quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Nov 17 2005, 10:46 AM\'][quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Nov 17 2005, 10:45 AM\'][quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Nov 17 2005, 10:29 AM\']That music when the ladies enter the stage with those briefcases is pulse-pounding. Hope they use that on the upcoming version seen on these shores.
[/quote]
No
[/quote]
[snapback]102486[/snapback]
[/quote]
Not especially.
Think of the type of music that would be played at a strip club right before the 1st dancer hits the stage.
[snapback]102487[/snapback]
[/quote]
Topless briefcase presenters then?