Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Dutch "Deal or No Deal" Eps. online!  (Read 7925 times)

Kevin Prather

Dutch "Deal or No Deal" Eps. online!
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2005, 08:39:50 PM »
My friend described it as Elf music. I, myself, find it almost Winning Lines-esque. Very neat music.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2005, 08:40:02 PM by whoserman »

Jumpondees

« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2005, 09:43:48 AM »
I sat here and watched both eps...Well, I watched the first one in it's entirety...then skipped past the qualifiers on the second since IMO it kinda made things a bit slow and boring....but I was really into the "main" game, and even more so when I watched the "suggested" ep at the beginning of this thread...I now can't wait to see what NBC does with it....Certainly a must tivo while I'm at work the nights it will be on.

PS...Loved the main theme music on the show...wouldn't mind having it for my collection if it were availible.

Did I mention that I can't wait for NBC to get our version on!

itiparanoid13

« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2005, 12:11:58 PM »
Go here: In this pack I have a copy of the theme that I spliced together from 2 pieces of music from the show.  It has a small applause track in the background, but it's as good as we may get unless the US uses the same theme.

Kevin Prather

« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2005, 01:27:46 PM »
Go here for an extended and slightly cleaner edited cut of the song. It also has applause and rhythmic clapping from the audience.

Jumpondees

« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2005, 05:38:03 AM »
[quote name=\'itiparanoid13\' date=\'Nov 19 2005, 12:11 PM\']In this pack I have a copy of the theme that I spliced together from 2 pieces of music from the show.  It has a small applause track in the background, but it's as good as we may get unless the US uses the same theme.
[snapback]102637[/snapback]
[/quote]

[quote name=\'whoserman\' date=\'Nov 19 2005, 01:27 PM\']Go here for an extended and slightly cleaner edited cut of the song. It also has applause and rhythmic clapping from the audience. 
[snapback]102637[/snapback]
[/quote]

Sorry it's been a few weeks since I have had a chance to read the boards for an extended period of time...

Thanks to to both of you for hooking me up...kinda gives me a fix if you know what I mean.

For anyone else who cares, it seems that the good folks over at talpa.tv have now instituted a website registration requirement to watch the shows on their site.  I guess I'll have to learn to read their language if I wanna watch their show, eh?

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2005, 10:29:24 AM »
[quote name=\'Jumpondees\' date=\'Dec 15 2005, 05:38 AM\']For anyone else who cares, it seems that the good folks over at talpa.tv have now instituted a website registration requirement to watch the shows on their site.  I guess I'll have to learn to read their language if I wanna watch their show, eh?[/quote]
For now, no.  Here's a direct link to Talpa's live stream which doesn't require registration.

The link to the archived shows isn't on Talpa's site either.  You can see archived shows here.

Clay Zambo

« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2006, 08:47:10 AM »
[quote name=\'whoserman\' post=\'102424\' date=\'Nov 16 2005, 08:51 PM\']
The only thing I don't like about Miljoenenjacht is the extensive qualifying round. It seems more elaborate than it needs to be.

After 3 questions, the one half of the audience with the highest score advances.

After 3 more questions, the highest scoring "vak," or group, of the winning half of the audience advances.

After 3 more questions, the highest scoring "blok," or block, of the winning vak advances.

From there, 5 people are randomly selected from that blok, and 1 person is selected at random from elsewhere in the audience.

Once the 6 are down to 2, the remaining 2 face off on one final question. The winner goes on to play Deal or No Deal.

All told, the qualifying round takes about a half hour to play.

That's an awful lot of trouble to go through just to determine the contestant.[/quote]

I finally watched an episode of this on Talpa's site.  Much as I'm not enjoying the Howie version's "Extreme Makeover" approach to choosing contestants, it seems to me like this 30-minute selection extravaganza has nothing to do with Deal or No Deal.  But it does seem like it would make a terrific frontgame for 1 vs 100, or whatever it's going to be called here.  To have 100 players whittled down to 1, who then plays against the rest...now, that makes sense to me.
czambo@mac.com

Brig Bother

« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2006, 09:43:06 AM »
The important thing to remember (possibly) is that Miljoenenjacht existed as a straight quiz with a 10m guider top prize before they added the whole Deal or No Deal briefcase element. The elimination quiz is pretty much a hangover from those days. The original quiz had 1000 people battling down to one, I believe.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2006, 09:43:48 AM by Brig Bother »

Clay Zambo

« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2006, 08:47:05 AM »
[quote name=\'hmtriplecrown\' post=\'104818\' date=\'Dec 15 2005, 11:29 AM\']
Here's a direct link to Talpa's live stream which doesn't require registration.[/url]

The link to the archived shows isn't on Talpa's site either.  You can see archived shows here.
[/quote]

Oh, sure.  I translate enough Dutch to figure out how to register, and now you post this?  ;)
czambo@mac.com

Clay Zambo

« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2006, 08:50:18 AM »
[quote name=\'Brig Bother\' post=\'118058\' date=\'May 9 2006, 09:43 AM\']
The important thing to remember (possibly) is that Miljoenenjacht existed as a straight quiz with a 10m guider top prize before they added the whole Deal or No Deal briefcase element.
[/quote]

Wow.  I wish I'd been at the meeting when someone said, "Okay, this show's doin' great, but what we really need is a new end-game.  What could we do that involves, I don't know, a bunch of suitcases?"

Of course, I wouldn't have understood most of what they were saying.
czambo@mac.com

Gus

« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2006, 05:23:12 PM »
[quote name=\'Clay Zambo\' post=\'118130\' date=\'May 10 2006, 08:47 AM\']
Oh, sure.  I translate enough Dutch to figure out how to register, and now you post this?  ;)
[/quote]

Ah, the direct link to the Talpa feed, one of my least-known yet farthest-reaching contributions on this here internet. Us Palace people were watching MJ in November '05, before they instituted registration, and people were complaining about the sucky bandwidth. I decided to peek into the source code of the page and the data of the embedded video file within and found that the feed was originating from garnierstreamingmedia.com. I found I got better bandwidth and less buffering when I directly streamed it in WMP, and so did everyone else that day. And the previously hidden URL proliferated. I think it's now result #2 when you google "Talpa".

Oh, and you realize that post was done five months ago, yes?

Clay Zambo

« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2006, 09:58:07 AM »
[quote name=\'Gus\' post=\'118155\' date=\'May 10 2006, 05:23 PM\']
Ah, the direct link to the Talpa feed, one of my least-known yet farthest-reaching contributions on this here internet. Us Palace people were watching MJ in November '05, before they instituted registration, and people were complaining about the sucky bandwidth. I decided to peek into the source code of the page and the data of the embedded video file within and found that the feed was originating from garnierstreamingmedia.com. I found I got better bandwidth and less buffering when I directly streamed it in WMP, and so did everyone else that day. And the previously hidden URL proliferated. I think it's now result #2 when you google "Talpa".

Oh, and you realize that post was done five months ago, yes?
[/quote]

Yeah, but (a) I'm behind the curve and (b) the whole 1-vs-100 thing got me thinking about it again.
czambo@mac.com