Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Dan Enright Productions  (Read 7312 times)

BrandonFG

Dan Enright Productions
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2005, 01:43:34 AM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Nov 19 2005, 11:49 PM\']Do please correct me if I'm mistaken, but could players continue until defeated on this version?
[snapback]102674[/snapback]
[/quote]

Si. No car for five-time champions though. No Geo Metros or Ford Festivas. :-P
« Last Edit: November 20, 2005, 01:44:39 AM by fostergray82 »
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

zachhoran

Dan Enright Productions
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2005, 07:36:15 AM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Nov 19 2005, 11:49 PM\']

Do please correct me if I'm mistaken, but could players continue until defeated on TJW90? The longest I remember someone lasting is Jack (something--starts with a C) who I think went ten or so days before being dethroned.
As a post-script, a guy named Loy Ray was a contestant once. And only once.
[snapback]102674[/snapback]
[/quote]

Thomas Van Dyke had the longest winning streak. He won 13 games and roughly $60K in cash and prizes, including a Joker's Jackpot. Mary was the name of the contestant who won the $36K Joker Jackpot. Loy Ray also won several games of Caldwell TTD.

Don Howard

Dan Enright Productions
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2005, 11:23:35 AM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Nov 20 2005, 07:36 AM\']Thomas Van Dyke had the longest winning streak. He won 13 games and roughly $60K in cash and prizes, including a Joker's Jackpot.
[snapback]102677[/snapback]
[/quote]
Many thanks. NOW!!! I know Mark Gluckman won 13 games on Jack Barry's syndicated version earning around $33K while Eileen Jason (you beat Frank Dillon---bad karma! bad karma!) had 15 wins, but how many wins was Joe Dunn allowed before he was retired because of that O & O rule?
« Last Edit: November 20, 2005, 12:14:09 PM by Don Howard »

Adam Nedeff

Dan Enright Productions
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2005, 10:56:03 PM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Nov 20 2005, 11:23 AM\']NOW!!! I know Mark Gluckman won 13 games on Jack Barry's syndicated version earning around $33K while Eileen Jason (you beat Frank Dillon---bad karma! bad karma!) had 15 wins, but how many wins was Joe Dunn allowed before he was retired because of that O & O rule?
[snapback]102681[/snapback]
[/quote]

16, according to Wikipedia. I could run upstairs and get the tape, but I think trusting Wikipedia is easier.

Ian Wallis

Dan Enright Productions
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2005, 11:13:06 PM »
Well, TJW at least got to finish the season out...don't know how much of that was reruns, but TTD was cancelled midway thru the season.

I think TTD only did about 13 weeks.  It disappeared from my area by January 1991, and when I saw it on USA in the early '90s, there were only about 13 weeks worth of shows which were repeated several times  - and there was no "goodbye" on the final show.  Too bad...  :)
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

uncamark

Dan Enright Productions
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2005, 03:11:14 PM »
"All About..." and "Hold Everything" was also on KCOP in Los Angeles for their test run that bombed out (and despite it being a test run, they were still put under Syndex provisions, so people watching WWOR on its superstation status could not see how bad they were).

A lot of testing went on that summer at 'OR and 'COP--I believe they also tested the Aussie soap "Neighbours."  It also bombed--which, with the exception of the first 13 weeks of "Prisioner:  Cell Block H," seems to be the natural fate of Aussie soaps in the U.S., while they seem to be popular everywhere else.

ChuckNet

Dan Enright Productions
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2005, 07:13:39 PM »
Mary was the name of the contestant who won the $36K Joker Jackpot.

And she only won that 1 game, although a grand total of $38K's nothing to shake a stick at. :-)

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

tvwxman

Dan Enright Productions
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2005, 08:30:55 AM »
[quote name=\'ChuckNet\' date=\'Nov 21 2005, 07:13 PM\']
Mary was the name of the contestant who won the $36K Joker Jackpot.

And she only won that 1 game, although a grand total of $38K's nothing to shake a stick at. :-)

[snapback]102782[/snapback]
[/quote]

Is this the same gal who looked like she couldn't care less that she won the big money? I remember seeing Pat look A LOT more excited than she was, which made for some awkward moments at the beginning of the program (the bonus round was carried over from a long previous game).
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

Robert Hutchinson

Dan Enright Productions
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2005, 05:42:47 PM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' date=\'Nov 22 2005, 08:30 AM\']Is this the same gal who looked like she couldn't care less that she won the big money? I remember seeing Pat look A LOT more excited than she was, which made for some awkward moments at the beginning of the program (the bonus round was carried over from a long previous game).[/quote]

I saw the $36K winner on a downloaded clip, and that contestant was certainly excited (and a little shocked).
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

Johnissoevil

Dan Enright Productions
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2005, 06:04:02 AM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' date=\'Nov 20 2005, 12:24 AM\']
While the host sucked; I didn't think the format was bad at all; the resetting jackpot isn't that big of a deal...and the "Dragonslayer" was similar to geting "Tic" and "Tac".[/quote]

My issues with the pot resetting was that the contestants worked so hard to get the jackpot that high, only for it to be wiped out in a tie game situation.  This meant that if someone were to win in game 2, they could possibly walk out with less than what was built beforhand.

As for the Dragonslayer, well...Vanilla Ice called.  He wants his white boy rapper gimmick back.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2005, 06:04:49 AM by Johnissoevil »
In loving memory of my father, Curtis Fenner 4/29/44-8/13/15

ChuckNet

Dan Enright Productions
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2005, 09:51:51 PM »
Is this the same gal who looked like she couldn't care less that she won the big money? I remember seeing Pat look A LOT more excited than she was, which made for some awkward moments at the beginning of the program (the bonus round was carried over from a long previous game).

She was indeed...also, they added a rather miniscule "$36,000.00" (yes, they actually included the cents) flashing graphic when she won, which did little to boost the already-low excitement factor.