Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Obscure Price reference on NFL CBS  (Read 7613 times)

FeudDude

Obscure Price reference on NFL CBS
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2005, 11:56:24 PM »
[quote name=\'Brandon Brooks\' date=\'Nov 28 2005, 12:46 AM\']Also saw another little funny TPIR reference tonight on Family Guy.  In this episode, Peter(?) is watching TPIR and an IFUB is happening.  Man in spot #3 bids $780.  Woman in #4 asks what he bidded, and Bob repeats it.  She bids $781.  Guy proceeds to say F@#$ You.  Gold.

I didn't catch the credits, but does Bob actually provide voice overs or do they glean the audio from a show?

Brandon Brooks
[snapback]103294[/snapback]
[/quote]

I forgot to check the credits on this one, but Bob did provide a voiceover for an earlier TPiR reference on FG (the one where Peter was on Survivor and crashed through what turned out to be a fake wilderness backdrop, revealing the set of TPiR).

CarbonCpy

« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2005, 11:57:37 PM »
[quote name=\'Brandon Brooks\' date=\'Nov 27 2005, 11:46 PM\']Also saw another little funny TPIR reference tonight on Family Guy.  In this episode, Peter(?) is watching TPIR and an IFUB is happening.  Man in spot #3 bids $780.  Woman in #4 asks what he bidded, and Bob repeats it.  She bids $781.  Guy proceeds to say F@#$ You.  Gold.

I didn't catch the credits, but does Bob actually provide voice overs or do they glean the audio from a show?

Brandon Brooks
[snapback]103294[/snapback]
[/quote]

That was John Viener as Bob.  He also voiced one of the cavemen and Bobby McFerrin in this episode, too.

joe_capitano

« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2005, 12:46:24 AM »
[quote name=\'Brandon Brooks\' date=\'Nov 27 2005, 08:46 PM\']In this episode, Peter(?) is watching TPIR and an IFUB is happening.[/quote]
IFUB = I Freaked Out Badly. I think you mean "a One-Bid is happening."

To set everyone straight since it's misued so much, 'IUFB' refers ONLY  to the actual physical item being bid upon. It does not refer to the bidding or the round of bidding, Period.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2005, 01:04:38 AM »
[quote name=\'joe_capitano\' date=\'Nov 27 2005, 09:46 PM\']To set everyone straight since it's misued so much, 'IUFB' refers ONLY  to the actual physical item being bid upon. It does not refer to the bidding or the round of bidding, Period.
[snapback]103299[/snapback]
[/quote]
Um, says who? You do realize that whatever terminology you use in the GR recaps is by no stretch "official", right?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

NickintheATL

• Husband of snowpeck
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2005, 01:32:30 AM »
The "official" term, just to set the record straight, and this has been used on the show, is the "one bid", and it's referred to this way on staging sheets as well.  We all know why it would be called that, so I'll spare everyone the minutae. :)

DrBear

« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2005, 06:59:33 AM »
For what its worth, the Family Guy credits did say it was Barker. And it sure sounded like him. (Or course, it could have been a voice-over actually taken from a show)
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

inturnaround

« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2005, 07:49:11 AM »
[quote name=\'DrBear\' date=\'Nov 28 2005, 07:59 AM\']For what its worth, the Family Guy credits did say it was Barker. And it sure sounded like him. (Or course, it could have been a voice-over actually taken from a show)
[snapback]103307[/snapback]
[/quote]

The audio quality of Barker's voice  would certainly seem to indicate that it was ripped from the show. The contestants were Family Guy voice-over actors, though.
Joe Coughlin     
Human

joe_capitano

« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2005, 02:47:08 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Nov 27 2005, 10:04 PM\']You do realize that whatever terminology you use in the GR recaps is by no stretch "official", right?[/quote]
Where did you ever get that notion? Besides, I was proven right as you may have noticed.

clemon79

« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2005, 02:54:54 PM »
[quote name=\'joe_capitano\' date=\'Nov 28 2005, 11:47 AM\']Where did you ever get that notion? Besides, I was proven right as you may have noticed.
[snapback]103326[/snapback]
[/quote]
What I notice is that someone mentioned that the term "one-bid" is used on staging sheets, with no suggestion that there is any differentiation made between the announcing of the one-bid item and the bidding process, as you have implied.

And I got that notion because, as far as I know, you've never worked on the show, and yet here you are spouting (still unconfirmed) terminology like it's gospel. So unless you want to cite a source, I shall continue thinking of you as a ninny.

cmjb13

« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2005, 03:06:04 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Nov 28 2005, 02:54 PM\'][quote name=\'joe_capitano\' date=\'Nov 28 2005, 11:47 AM\']Where did you ever get that notion? Besides, I was proven right as you may have noticed.
[/quote]
What I notice is that someone mentioned that the term "one-bid" is used on staging sheets, with no suggestion that there is any differentiation made between the announcing of the one-bid item and the bidding process, as you have implied.

And I got that notion because, as far as I know, you've never worked on the show, and yet here you are spouting (still unconfirmed) terminology like it's gospel. So unless you want to cite a source, I shall continue thinking of you as a ninny.
[snapback]103328[/snapback]
[/quote]
It's times like this when I really love this board.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2005, 03:20:05 PM by cmjb13 »
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

sshuffield70

« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2005, 05:38:21 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Nov 28 2005, 02:54 PM\'][quote name=\'joe_capitano\' date=\'Nov 28 2005, 11:47 AM\']Where did you ever get that notion? Besides, I was proven right as you may have noticed.
[/quote]

[snapback]103328[/snapback]
[/quote]

Wait a sec.  Back to your corners.

Chris, I can kind of see where you're going with this, but Joe is right.  The IUFB is the actual item, regardless of whether any staging sheet notes it or not.  I mean they've done this for how long?  They likely have a set term for things like this.  "One Bid" would cover the IUFB as well.

clemon79

« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2005, 06:29:37 PM »
[quote name=\'sshuffield70\' date=\'Nov 28 2005, 02:38 PM\']They likely have a set term for things like this.
[snapback]103344[/snapback]
[/quote]
I'm not saying your wrong.

I AM saying that spouting off as if he just got off the set at 33 makes him look like an ass unless he has a source for the knowledge.

(I'm also saying: my god. Who CARES?)

cmjb13

« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2005, 06:31:25 PM »
Looking at a staging sheet now shows an example from May of 2003:

One Bid:A
1. Fun Cart

There is no other mention.

Take that for what you will for those who care.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2005, 06:54:22 PM by cmjb13 »
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

Brandon Brooks

« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2005, 07:51:47 PM »
[quote name=\'joe_capitano\' date=\'Nov 28 2005, 12:46 AM\'][quote name=\'Brandon Brooks\' date=\'Nov 27 2005, 08:46 PM\']In this episode, Peter(?) is watching TPIR and an IFUB is happening.[/quote]
IFUB = I Freaked Out Badly. I think you mean "a One-Bid is happening."

To set everyone straight since it's misued so much, 'IUFB' refers ONLY  to the actual physical item being bid upon. It does not refer to the bidding or the round of bidding, Period.
[snapback]103299[/snapback]
[/quote]
1.  How does "IFUB" stand for "I freaked out badly?"  I've never heard of "U" standing for "out" before.  I even Googled it and I see no substantiation for what you claim.

2.  By using the above assumption (that you haven't the foggiest clue of what you speak), my reponse is "Sez you, Mr. Know-It-All."  Keep your corrections to yourself.  Or at least don't direct them toward me.

Brandon Brooks
« Last Edit: November 28, 2005, 07:56:44 PM by Brandon Brooks »

joe_capitano

« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2005, 07:54:32 PM »
Brandon: On point 1, you caught me - at least on that one word. On point 2: See my earlier point and the replies which followed. Meanwhile,

[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Nov 28 2005, 03:29 PM\']I AM saying that spouting off as if he just got off the set at 33 makes him look like an ass...[/quote]
OK, this is where I draw the line, sir.

I don't appreciate being called an ass - or a ninny. I am neither, and you know it.

The comment I made earlier was in response to something which is constantly misused to mean something else, and I had a legitimate point. Despite the use of "Period" at the end of my initial statement, I never intended it to represent that am more authoritative about the inner workings of Price than anyone else here, including you. And, as others have confirmed, my point was valid.

Most of the time I take your postings as what they are, sarcastic. But the need to call me or anyone else names goes way over the line. Give it some thought before you respond again. I'll leave it at that.

(Lot of good this will do, but I have to defend myself)
« Last Edit: November 28, 2005, 08:08:13 PM by joe_capitano »